ttocs

Should I smooth/shave/paint?

I think I have a sickness. Now that I shaved/relocated the trunk key hole, smoothed the license plate frame and the S281 in I can't help but wonder what will be next?1.) The gas door? I am going to do a full trunk for the stereo anyway so it would not be hard to move the filler to it and possibly put it behind a trap door to hide it. 2.) Smooth the rear brake vents? I thought I saw this on a different car and didn't like it but can't remember why. I would not cover them up but simply smooth the join lines between them like I did the license plate frame so it all looks like one piece. Finally on the paint I am not sure.... My original plan was to paint the rear tail lights and the area in between them with a candy-black paint. I think with the spoiler smoothed in it will look like a cool shadow effect but for some reason I am just not sure. Opinions please?

if you were to shave the fake brake vents imo you would need to do allot of body work and completely get rid of the whole body line leading up to the vent. i think thats what makes that exterior mod look a tad off is that the side leads up to the vent then with it gone you either have a sharp dead end or a strange bowl like shape. so it would have to be gone completely imo. doors and front fender body line all gone. i'll chop something real quick to help make sense of what i'm trying to say, lol.

That is interesting but not what I meant, sorry. I meant just shave the bezel/joint where it goes into the fender so it all looks like one piece. maybe this pic would work to help. I want to keep the vent there just make it a smooth transition from the fender to the hole. post-61-13881839529514_thumb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

keeps telling me the files are too big. I am sure you can find a pic that would be good to use in my gallery. http://www.cardomain.com/usernew/galleries/edit.aspx?id=453798

that sounds like horrible advice! I know I treated the inside of that panel with a rust preventative/rubberized undercoating spray so some primer on this side and I should be good. Had not thought about it though so thanks for reminding me.

For the SN95, I would just rather open up the side vents. Debadging is another good option I have been thinking about for my new edge. But for my newedge, I have been thinking of removing the fake side scoop and smoothing it out. Not like removing lines or anything, just give that lines like the original mustangs or the sides of the S197

that sounds like horrible advice! I know I treated the inside of that panel with a rust preventative/rubberized undercoating spray so some primer on this side and I should be good. Had not thought about it though so thanks for reminding me.

Good thinking, I figured I'd throw that out there because as I'm sure you know - once you seal that up there's pretty much no getting in there.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

For the SN95, I would just rather open up the side vents. Debadging is another good option I have been thinking about for my new edge. But for my newedge, I have been thinking of removing the fake side scoop and smoothing it out. Not like removing lines or anything, just give that lines like the original mustangs or the sides of the S197
They are open on 94 - early 96'ish. Advantage horizontal/pushrod!