330CubeGt

The 4V Squeek!!!

The motor only makes the noise above 2500 RPM. Just as every other 4V that has this issue. WTF is it?

I have changed the Alternator, Water Pump, Idler pulley, Belt tensioner & Pulley And a brand new belt. < All parts that were actually bad so its no biggie but in still have this damn squeek.

All thats left that has not been replaced is the A/C Compressor, Crank Pulley, PS Pump.

Sounds like the noise is coming from the Bottom left side of the motor (RH side of the car)

When i add more pressure to the tensioner the noise gets louder...

Any thought?

I put a used tensioner on it :/ but figured it would be fine. Still makes the same noise. Car that was in our shop the other day had the same noise at the same rpm. Tech put a new belt and tensioner on it and it went away :/ Starting to think the one I grabed from the junk yard was no good aswell :(

I would say the tensioner. I've never heard of that being 4V specific; mine doesn't do that. My GT on the other hand always did that at the same RPM every time I went WOT lol. It was annoying. It ended up being the tensioner in my case. However I ignored it; and the belt snapped ripping the tensioner and what not straight off lol

hopefully you get it figured out, you now mine does the same and i have replaced the idler pulley, alternator, even the pully on the tensioner itself. still the squeak, its not as loud as before but not gone.

once figured out, this would be good in the 4v section to help others and easier to find.