scottyp

High beams are not working...

My brights aren't working and I can't get the car to pass state inspection until I get it fixed. The headlights and both blinkers work, I replaced the bulbs and the fuse is good. What else should I check for? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

im willing to bet you dont have power. the high and low beams share a ground. so if your low beams work the ground is good. only thing could be lack of voltage. what year is your car so i can find a wiring diagram for you.

im willing to bet you dont have power. the high and low beams share a ground. so if your low beams work the ground is good. only thing could be lack of voltage. what year is your car so i can find a wiring diagram for you.

It's a 2001 GT. I also forgot to mention that when I have the headlights on and I turn on the brights, it shuts both headlights completely off.. not sure what that means.

It's a 2001 GT. I also forgot to mention that when I have the headlights on and I turn on the brights, it shuts both headlights completely off.. not sure what that means.

thats normal its  a dual filiment so it switches from the low to the high. give me a few minutes to see what i can find

edit: There is a fuse in the CJB under the hood fuse 38 should be a 20 Amp. this is for the high beams. check this first. if that fuse is good, looks like a LG/BK(light green with a black stripe)  wire for the high beams see if you have 12 volts at the plug. if not you will have to check for power at the back of the multifunction switch. should be pin number 12 GY/OG, see if there is power on that with high beams. start there and let me know what you have. ill wait to see what you find

thats normal its a dual filiment so it switches from the low to the high. give me a few minutes to see what i can find

edit: There is a fuse in the CJB under the hood fuse 38 should be a 20 Amp. this is for the high beams. check this first. if that fuse is good, looks like a LG/BK(light green with a black stripe) wire for the high beams see if you have 12 volts at the plug. if not you will have to check for power at the back of the multifunction switch. should be pin number 12 GY/OG, see if there is power on that with high beams. start there and let me know what you have. ill wait to see what you find

Alright I will here in a bit when I get home. Thanks for the help!

Okay I got them to work finally lol. The fuses under the dash was good but when i was messing with the fuses last week i think I misplaced one because there was not a fuse in 38. I put a 20 a fuse in #38 and it worked. I feel dumb but glad that's all it was. Thanks again for the help