Twista

Front plate- WTF!!!!!!!!!!

^ Will do tomorrow. Im not sure if im going to keep it there. So far its hanging low, but not lower than the x-brace under my car for the convertible stiffing. So long as i drive the same way i do to not bottom out my vert bracing i should be fine. You can pretty much mount it anywhere you can get a drill between so tomorrow im going to try inside the lip so this way its not low to the ground. Right now its mounted on the very bottom part of the bumper so its low! Its not going to get ripped off on normal streets i drive everyday, but might get scrapped on a unknown terrible street.

Ill make a new thread tomorrow with more details. You do have to drill your bumper, but its from under so you wont even notice.

ugh i don't like the drilling idea. even tho my bumper is kinda shot.

well the holes are VERY small. VERY VERY small. The normal instructions call for 3 holes to be drilled, but with the cobra bumper if you follow the instructions to a T the whole system will peak out from under the bumper so its useless IMO. What i did was used only 2 screws and used some other holes on the bracket thingie not meant for the screws. The plate doesn't sit even because of how i mounted it, but this one way its hidden.. its about 98% sleath.

Anyway take a look @ these instructions and you'll get the idea.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdown-licenseplate-manual-install.html

All i used in this kit was the 3 screws and nuts located in the bottom of the box. Well, i used only 2, but these are the screws. Also you see the metal piece. If you want you can mount the system that way and drill a hole somewhere metal near radiator?

So you can avoid drilling your bumper and mount it with the metal piece.

guide-64501-03.jpg3

Edited by s4rge