SneakySonBeach

mac catback hangers?

so the mac catback is on sale this month on am and i was looking into it since my slp find fell through. my only question is it says it comes with 4 hangers. 2 for the tips no doubt but where are the other two? in the pictures it has two on the muffler assembly already so where are the other hangers needed? http://www.americanmuscle.com/mac-catback-9604gt.html

just my opinion but the mac is poor quality. I have installed my fair share of cat back systems and they are definitly on the bottom of the pile. Thin pipe metal, they use a coating on the pipes instead of aluminized or stainless pipe. The coating rubs off on your hands while installing. In the long run you might be better suited to save a little bit of money and get a beter quality kit. However its hard to argue the price :blink:

I got MAC Pro dumps as a birthday gift back in december 2012. I've had them on the car since then, through two new york nasty winters with salt and snow, my mufflers look fine.. I added stainless steel tailpipes to them. but as far as quality, in my opinion they feel solid and well built.. sure they're not stainless steel but for the money you pay, your getting a good product.. you can just buy the mac mufflers and have those welded in. and you could get a set of 18'' stainless steel tips and keep the tailpipes you have now.. bam custom mac catback with your tails and new tips.. just figured id share that, since thats basically what i have on mine

yeah i knew mac wasn't known for quality but for a catback with tails not sure if i can pass it up...

this or pypes?

stay away from pypes honestly. i've heard a lot of issues with their stuff not fitting right at all.

its gonna be a tough choice thats for sure! if current slp dude sells before i can buy them, i will go with the mac exhaust, my whole catback is rusted beyond belief so i am going to get a new one. whole car, not one speck of rust except that catback and headers being heated and cooled and wet all the time