KillNThrill24

Custom Fab or CG Fab

I'll be getting back to work in the next week or so (finally!) And it hit me that I have tons of connections now and I'm probably going to end up taking a welding class for my new job before all is said and done so I'm really considering fabbing up my own hotside for my turbo build... it would save me a pretty good amount of money and allow me to say "hell yeah I built that". Couple of my buddies say hell yeah let's do it.

Anybody here try anything like it? If so got any pics or tips? Or should I avoid the whole thing in general and buy a CG?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

@Forcefedhatch has built a handful of turbo kits for his cars. I say do it. The experience you get will be irreplaceable. Your car isn't a daily so you won't have to worry about how long it will take

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Actually my car is my daily Bryan lol but its no big deal because In the summer I have multiple choices on vehicles to drive so it won't matter much. But Mr Dubasak keeps telling me that we'll get it done so I'm actually beginning to think maybe we can get it done

And thanks forcefedhatch I'll definitely check out your feed when I get home tonight for some ideas. Any help I can get on this the better!

Haha, what's it matter when you can go pick a Sbm 360 for less then $100 at any junk yard? Iirc that Dakota lived like that for quite a while, on the stock 318 bottom end. I'm game for any project

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good point Donovan... There are tons of zjs at the local junkyard too. Okay I'm game. But Mustang needs to get done first lol. O and I can't until I get the trans crossmember remounted somehow. Might attempt to weld it myself when the weather breaks in the spring

Steve LOL I'm still young, and pretty stupid, but I've got a lot of comrades who are a little older and just as stupid so maybe we can make it work

Weld in some "C" channel. . May as well make them into full length subframes while your at it.. If ya do.. make sure the suspension is preloaded before and final frame welding.. even for the crossmember.. you'll thank me and so will your pinion upon acceleration. .wouldn't hurt to measure the pinion angle of a car with a good frame under it.. just to get you in the ball park

Galaxy S4 Active

I'll cut it out of my junk car for ya.. 50.00 plus shipping .. but it'll be a week or two

Galaxy S4 Active

And your welcome too btw lol

Galaxy S4 Active

You just let me know how much section you need before and after the trans mount.. and I'll cut those sections of frame out for ya

Galaxy S4 Active

That's fine I'm still waiting on some money from uncle Sam and my job (just starterd last week lol) if you can get me a shipping quote I'll let you know compared to buying local if I can find it. Thanks man

Dayton actually lol

Galaxy S4 Active

Dammit. I knew it wasn't Columbus but couldn't think of what it was exactly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Haha Bryan Dayton is a 4hr drive from me man its just cheaper to get things shipped.

I'll let you know on that man I'm gonna shop around first. My old man works at the Ford plant here and told me he'll get a price from the place they buy steel from