Number Tew

Feeler thread for new edge hood scoops

Wasn't sure where to put this...so mods, have at it if need be.

I aim to cast a mold of the stock hood scoop on the new edge cars to make a few for some friends of mine.

Would anyone be interested in one (once I get them finalized with nice quality) for $100 or so?

The dealership by me wants $250, not a chance. I bought mine used and broken off a bullitt. Only reason I have one to cast a mold from is that I bought one in New York for $30 ha. Hardest part is going to be making the internal frame to mount to the hood. It's an easy shape. And they will be just like the factory parts.

Hmm, I haven't checked on ebay. Ah well, I'll be making a few at least and if any interest is expressed I could make them to order.

Brain, I won't be trying to make a cowl, I'll just buy a carbon fiber one if this one breaks lol. There's a lot of cut outs on them, and would be hard to cast a mold off of I think.

There was a guy selling fiberglass knock offs for dirt cheap on ebay but he fell off the map. They sell for $75-125 used and veat up so $100ish for a new one is a good deal if quality is there.. They would look sick about 1/2 taller then stock to IMO

Heads up and ass kickin!

Moved it to General Tech.... seems a little more fitting there since BS/Party is for non-automotive stuffs. No worries though, I looked for a few before I decided to move it here haha.

I can ask some locals around here who have new edges if they would be interested but they've exiled me for some unknown reason and aren't replying to me. I'll give it a shot.

ZOMGZERZ!! YESS!!

I just think it'll be cool, and you guys could be like "psh, you bought your hood scoop from the factory, thats geh. mine is custom"