Twista

Car doesnt idle on warm restart during summer

Time to see what people think on this forum.

During the summer the 1st start of the day it runs perfect and idles like a champ. Also, any other restarts after the car has cooled down for a bit of time its fine.

However, if i turn it off for a few minutes to get gas or run into a store. It starts up fine but it doesn't idle correct. You have to lay on the gas for the idle to stay and even then it has problem staying on. Sometimes it stays on after you do this but most of the time it stalls. Its bascially hunting for a idle.. the RPM is surging up and down.. up and down till it cannot recover anymore and stalls. Restart the car and it does the same till it finally wants to idle. Once you start driving after it catches idle everything is fine. Just can't shut it down for another quick pit stop.

This winter i noticed it did this ONCE but that was after my alarm install and it hasn't done it anymore so i think its a summer heat problem. Its happening for the past 3-4 summers i had this car.

Any ideas on here?

?????

have you tried to flash any codes out? sounds like a tough one. I might try to see what the ECT is reporting back to the PCM. if it is temperature related this is where i would start.

I did last summer with my overheating while A/c was on problem in the summer, but it was just releated to a bad ECT sensor voltage. I replaced that and get no codes now. But the idle issue on warm restarts remained with new ECT sensors. That was during 2013 summer though. I pretty sure 2014 summer will have the same issue.

Do you have access to a scan tool that you can watch PIDS while the condition is occuring? Unfortunley there are alot of different things that could cause this issue. Intermittent concerns are what keep me awake at night as a Tech

i had this same problem and in my case i had a break in the harness going to my IAT sensor

Do you have access to a scan tool that you can watch PIDS while the condition is occuring? Unfortunley there are alot of different things that could cause this issue. Intermittent concerns are what keep me awake at night as a Tech

No, i dont have access to any tools like that.

i had this same problem and in my case i had a break in the harness going to my IAT sensor

Intresting. I never thought about that or heard anyone suggest this. I wonder if that sensor goes bad would it cause the same issues. Maybe mine is bad.

i originally thought it was the sensor, i replaced it and the problem still persisted. So i checked the wiring to the sensor and had a break. In hindsight i probably should have checked the harness first lol

i originally thought it was the sensor, i replaced it and the problem still persisted. So i checked the wiring to the sensor and had a break. In hindsight i probably should have checked the harness first lol

Ill take a look @ that in the morning. Hopefully, its the same issue as yours. This problem is annoying and hate the looks/stares i get after pumping gas and revving the engine to high hell to make it idle at a busy gas station lol.

Ill take a look @ that in the morning. Hopefully, its the same issue as yours. This problem is annoying and hate the looks/stares i get after pumping gas and revving the engine to high hell to make it idle at a busy gas station lol.

I had this EXACT problem lol

I had this EXACT problem lol

My wiring looks pretty good. Any idea how to remove the IAT without rounding it off. Wrench is not working because its in the CAI pipe pretty damn tight! Did you use a open end wrench to remove yours>?

vicegrips

Alright i got it off. One of the prongs on the IAT is black but also the little wire thing on the IAT itself is RED but it has black carbon all over it. Replaced it. Should the battery be unplugged to reset the computer after this?

Alright i got it off. One of the prongs on the IAT is black but also the little wire thing on the IAT itself is RED but it has black carbon all over it. Replaced it. Should the battery be unplugged to reset the computer after this?

Yah. Leave it unplugged and it'll reset its "memory"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So yesterday i had a issue which caused me to restart the car about 3 times after it was running for 20min on remote start. The hunting idle was there and the stalling and surging/revving by itself while idling. The weather was 19 degrees i would say so it was cold.

The problem is still there. This shouldn't be happening =[ So far the IAC and IAT, ECT, Coil has been replaced. Could o2 sensors cause anything like this??

Mods list is needed.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

Pretty Stock.

Full exhaust. (bbk shorty headers)

No smog stuff or cats

CAI

Everything else is stock.

New Plugs/Wires/Rotor/Fuel Pump/ Fuel filter. All new.

Thats it.