ttocs

94/95 vortech with AFM power pipe - is this right?

Yup that's how they fit.  I have installed a few of these on 94-95's and never used a bracket. Its a tight fit and may touch the fender liner in places, especially if you have moved the motor back any...

after a little research I think  I made the hole too far down.  Its supposed to be closer to the hood from what I read to stay away from the fender liner?  not a big deal I will modify the hole and fill in the section I don't need I have got good at filling holes.  Any idea how much space I should leave around the boot/pipe and the fender apron?  I want a tight fit but don't want them rubbing later.  I know to use some vac line on the edge of the metal but wasn't sure how much space was needed.  I am going to rig up some kind of bracket probably just to support the bottom rather then too lock it in place as I am afraid that would cause problems later.

I generally make the holes pretty high.  So the pipe is angling up from the blower.  Looking closer, I think your right, you cut a bit low.

As for space.  I try to make the fit as tight as possible then use cut rubber vac. line as you described to line the hole.  On my setup, The bottom of the pipe is snug against the rubber liner (I also run solid motor mounts).  If you don't want it to rub at all, you will need to guesstimate how much the motor will move around.  Poly mounts and solid mounts make this easier.

went back out and looked at it and it will all work out.  I needed to make space to run/hide the wires that go between the alt and it off board voltage regulator that is in the fender so it will work out well to hide them under the pipe.

I am still running the stock motor mounts so I know it shakes a bit and this is the reason I am a bit hesitant to make a mount for the filter/maf as I am afraid it will cause it to come off of the back of the supercharger.  Will probably be safer then sorry and see if there is something maybe a little thicker then the vac lines that would give a little better buffer between the pipe and apron if they do rub.  Can you think of anything thicker that would work better?

I have never had a problem with the vac line.  One pipe I installed was so tight to the line/hole I had to lube the pipe up a bit to get it to slide through, lol.

If your dead set on something thicker. Carb fuel line is tougher stuff maybe try that?

holy hell I am not sure if my pipe was made for a fox or what the deal was as it was not going in through the suggested 4.5" hole cut where they said too.  I ended up cutting almost all of the stock apron out, thankfully all behind the scottrod panels(not that I do not have a hole to plug there too now) and still need to trim a little more on the bottom to pull it in the last couple of inches. 

5511111398550974-8e98c46c84.jpg

and so after cutting all the way up too the pinch welds I then needed to start trimming the bottom back to have it pull in far enough but here it is now.  Still working on the bracket up front but it will fit now.

DSC013679633151398641601-c2f4e874ff.jpg

I call it weight reduction yea that's it...