ttocs

line lock question

I am installing my line lock now and have a couple quick questions.  I was able to bend the stock end over 90 degrees to go into the input on the solenoid and would prefer not to use another of the pipes/hoses that the hurts mustang kit has just to keep it cleaner other then the one needed to go from the valve the stock input.  After spending 30 mins looking for the right adaptors to hook the stock tube up directly to the hurst valve(a reducer is needed) I gave up with the thought of checking napa tomorrow.  I got a line cutting tool and a flaring tool with the idea that I would cut the tube from the valve to the stock input shorter and had a thought.  I have enough space on the stock tube as well as on the hurst one I am cutting, can I cut the flared ends off, swap the screw-on ends and then flare them again so they will screw directly in?  next question, should I have got a standard or metric flaring tool?  I thought the guy was pulling my leg when he asked me which one, first time with one didn't know there was a difference.

Sorry for the bad pic my camera died.  This is the current problem. 

9423981401149782-87f7068381.jpg

We have always made our own (new) lines, with whatever fittings were required.  

That being said, all flaring tools are not created equal, which can lead to leaks, frustration and tools flying across the garage.  Get a good double flaring tool.  I think we have the eastwood tool.

it worked out well after cutting the end off of both tubed that I could just swap the ends and they screwed right in.  Got a little extra practice cutting/flaring when I forgot to put the ends on prior to flaring but hey I needed practice....  Also learned that a metric flaring tool will not work on our standard lines but now that its done its nice and clean and just waiting for the clear to dry on the mounting bracket so I can put it all together and get a pic.

in case anyone does a search later here is a pic of it finshed up.  The bracket I made first from cardboard just has a 90 degree bend and I was able to drill two spots through the ABS mounting bracket on the back/firewall side with out even removing it.  I popped 2 rivnuts into the bracket with some vac line cut into isolators between it and the bracket as well as under the line lock itself to prevent rattles.

7794461401238208-d9ac93dbab.jpg

so hopefully this is the right line this time....  I am sure I will find out if its wrong.

7557361401585089-8d7e0a048f.jpg

I remember tracing the line at one point but I think when the line crosses under the abs unit and then goes in the back I must have mixed up the lines and then traced the one on top.  That and in my manual it doesn't do a good job listing the brake lines.  The two on top are both labeled front brakes and the 3rd is just labeled "brake tube" so I assumed that meant input.   Ah well we all make mistakes and I have never advertised as an expert under the hood but at least now if someone does a search for line lock 94/95 they can now find a correct pic what what it should look like.