sbf305ftw

306 running issues

I have a 94 mustang gt I just built a 306 for it.... it is a dss 306 short block pro comp 190 heads edelbrock performer rpm 2 intake custom ground cam...... the car startle and ran for a little bit then up and died and woj long start was like It wasn't getting fuel or spark the car wouldn't even hit of starting fluid would just crank over... I changed the iac valve didn't work so changed the tps and the car fired up and run like new again drove it around for a few and then it did same thing was like turned the key off all it will do is turn over any ideas would be helpful thanks

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

Didn't see this thread before I responded in your welcome thread, so I'll post my response here too:

Have you checked the TPS voltage? You'll need to probe the grey wire with a white stripe. With the key on (engine off) you should see .9 to 1.0 v with the throttle closed. Voltage should steadily increase as you open the throttle to about 4.5 volts at wide open.

Yes its a new tps sensor I used a volt meter when I put it on and got it tuned into .98-.99 volts closed throttle it goes all the way to 4.60 at wide.... It would not take part throttle if you slowly revved it up at 3000 it would kill it instantly unless you where wot... so I unplugged maf sensor and it cured everything the car ran fine just lean at a idle and rich at part throttle witch is wierd... I'm tuning it myself moates quarterhorse with binary editor and exe analyzer my old car with identical tune went 8.0 on motor all day I'm not perfect with tuning but I should have a real close starter tune on it to tween curves a little... how would I check bad pick up in distributor sorry for the novel guys and thanks for the respond

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk