sbf305ftw

306 runs with maf sensor unplugged but not plunge in need help

The car is a 94 mustang gt Is this a tuning issues or is this a bad mass air flow sensor its a pro m calibrated 24# an hour I've got thw software to tune it..it runs unplugged but plug it in and it wont run very good plus it messeswith with the iac valve and have to unplug it to run the iac is new

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

Iac unplugged it should run a tad rich around 13.9 afr. It will run off the o2 sensors. If maf sensor is dirty or bad it will run rich. If iac unplugged and still runs then iac is stuck open. Iac unplugged should choke engine

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

If the maf sensor is plugged in and the iac is plugged in also it will not start or idle unless you give it throttle when it starts you have to keep it idle up or it will die but it will take part throttle then.... unplug iac valve starts up perfectly and will take pot throttle with out killing its seal but then won't take full throttle... hears the kicker plug in the iac and then unplug maf sensor and the csr runs perfectly fine besides it will run so lean it pegs my afr gauge at 21.8

Iac tps engine coolant temp sensor all brand new

Depending on throttle movement should read same as tps . If it spikes or erratic at idle replace maf

You dont have to run engine during this test.

Its a pro m mass air flow so could I just send it to pro m and he it recalibrate would that work or is it a tuning issue if so tuning the mass air is bout the only thing I have not messed with haven't had the software long but I love it just need to figure a little more out on it

Dss306 short block pro comp 190cc 2.02 1.60 valves upgraded valve springs upper and lower edelbrock performer rpm 2 intake ford motor sports 24 pound injectors matching pro m mass air flow sensor custom ground still billet cam thru dss dont remember specs its around 570 lift mid 220 on 112 Lsa advanced 4° all 70 mm bbk throttle body cai tuning with moates quarterhorse be and eec analyzer anything else need to know when maf is plugged in the car will not start unless you unplug iac valve(new) unplug it and it starts just fine but won't take part throttle will take full throttle.... plug the iac in and unplug maf the car starts runs and takes part throttle and full throttle just real lean at iddle and rich at wot.... tps is brand new and see it at .98-.99 volts what else you need to know

I would imagine tuning a 5.0 is the same as tuning a mod motor. The MAF is the first thing that needs to be dialed in. Everything is based on the MAF transfer being correct.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Yes its all dialed in around maf but I'm trying to tune it but dont make sense why you can't have that maf and the iac plugged I its either one or the other but dont run unless its unplugged then runs fine I'm think the maf is bad but I'm not sure

Thanks SniveTroll ill check into that... what I think is going on is the maf is bad and when you give it throttle it reads throttle position but the maf aint reading any air and it shuts the injectors off witch in return is why it won't take part throttle ill check maf sensor tomorrow and if its bad ill just buy a stock one and tune it using my software

I can't use my software to tweak the curves and tables to get enough out of it And get it dialed in?

No, the maf doesn't support enough flow.

I could always write you a base map, so you can actually get moving in the right direction.

So you dont think the maf is bad its just in the tune? I just dont get why it won't run right with my maf plugged in but it runs fine besides some ritchnes and leanness with it unplugged.. I thought it should be the complete opposite.. and that would be awesome if you could do that

What info do you need? I have not mess with the tune besides change injector size engine size rev limiter shutoff egr and thermactor bye pass and took fuel out to get afr down at wot it ran perfectly fine the one day up and died would not start anything changed distributor and fixed ran fan for couple hours then the coil went bad changed it and ever since then it went down hill tps is brand new iac is brand new with iac and maf plugged in you have to give it quarter throttle to start up and keep it iddleing then it takes part throttle but no full throttle unplug iac leave maf plugged up starts and iddles by itself takes wot but everytime at part throttle its like you shut the key off.... now if you plug iac in and unplug the maf sensor it starts i dles and run fine takes part throttle and wot throttle witch makes no since to me

So you dont think the maf is bad its just in the tune? I just dont get why it won't run right with my maf plugged in but it runs fine besides some ritchnes and leanness with it unplugged.. I thought it should be the complete opposite.. and that would be awesome if you could do that

That's what I'm trying to say. I don't know how sensitive the pushrod ECUs are, but with the 4.6 a bad MAF transfer can cause it not to run. I went through it dialing mine in. When you unplug the MAF the ECU thinks it's bad and defaults to a limp mode.

That's what I'm trying to say. I don't know how sensitive the pushrod ECUs are, but with the 4.6 a bad MAF transfer can cause it not to run. I went through it dialing mine in. When you unplug the MAF the ECU thinks it's bad and defaults to a limp mode.