Sleeperstang1994

wiring guru's get in here

SO im being lazy. i can and will do the research but i figured i would ask if anyone knew 100%. my car has a complete 98 cobra wiring harness to be installed from bumper to bumper. I recently purchased a parts car that has a 01 cobra dash and haness installed currently. i want to swap. the dash harness and cluster straight into my car. from what i can see plugs are similar. my biggest concern is the 01 uses the new style RCM(restraints control module) where the 98 uses the old style. i can swap the 98 harness into the dash if i need to. any ideas?

wires are wires.  You can cut them, shorten/extend/change the ends on them as needed.  no reason you can't cut one end off and solder the other on.  You would need a wire color code or pin-out on the hrns's to be sure they are connected correctly.

I know I could make it work. I was more interested on if the 98 pcm is compatible with the later style air bag module since the one out of the 01 is newer. I guess I will just try it and see what happens :)

you are correct. i compared my harnesses side to side. not only are the connections different but the 01 uses a completly different RCM. I check with my diagrams at work (im a Ford tech) 01 has a Can bus between the RCM and PCM. 98 alows the air bag module to work independently... for the most part. I was hoping to use the later cluster, but i have all the wiring for the 98 so o well. any one want to but some 01 cobra harnesses?!