f04682

E-brake cable too short

Ok guys, i'm sure if I should post this topic here but here we go anyway.  I purchased the Baer 13" rear brake kit that relocates and uses the stock GT calipers.  But when I got all back in, the E-brake cable is too short to go through the cable bracket and still hook up on the caliper.  I can't get the C-clip back on because its too much tension on the cable, but if I don't go through the bracket the cable rubs on the inside lip of the wheel.  If anyone have suggestions please hook me up.  Thanks guys

Lol if I had the means to make a quality bracket I would but I definitely don't. I know or e brakes are mildly adjustable, maybe try adjusting it out some?

Yeah I tried pulling the cable down from the cab but it wouldn't budge.  IDK if there is something in the cab that I can loosen to give it more adjustment but I did the zip tie like you said.   Nice as your car is, if that was good enough for you then its gonna be good for me.   :2thumb:  

I'm positive you can adjust the handle inside to make the cable tighter, therefore adjust it the opposite way to get what you need.  I don't know how much longer you need the cable so this may or may not work for you.

Its not so much the cable thats too short as it is the sheathing that covers it.  Making the connection at the end with the c-clip on the caliper.  There appears to be plenty of cable to pull through the caliper