Zach

Lifters

Ok still scratching our heads on fixing this oil pressure problem. But reading around I may have a theory, my cam has .589 lift and I'm running the stock lifters dog bones etc... So what I'm thinking is the lifter is coming to far out of the bore and bleeding excessive oil. The theoretical solution is maybe link bar lifers or a high lift stock style lifter and clearencing of the dog bones. Does any of this sound like a plausible problem/solution. Also notes when it was running it have excessive valve train noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that's the lift at the tip of the rocker. What's the lift at the lobe?

I don't know the actual lobe lift if have to see the cam card and I do not have it.

Did you ask Ed what lifters to run? my old CI cam was run with link bar lifters, Ed laughed and said i didnt need them, and they stock lifters would be fine.

If I were you, id look elsewhere.

yes and he said the stock lifters would be fine, but a decent upgrade would be the gaterman or lunati stock style lifters, side note we flow benches the oil pump and my pump dead headed with cold oil would only make 48 psi. And the melling select pump dead headed made 60psi in the same situation before hitting the bypass spring. I'm thinking the aluminum ford racing pump is just junk and we are going back with the melling select cast iron pump.

Divide it by the rocker ratio.

.589/1.6=.368125

But I doubt the issue is the lifters. The lifters are fed oil. When the hole isn't lined up it blocks the passage which would help keep oil pressure up.

kool, but my concern was the feed hole in the upper oil band was protruding from the lifter bore bleeding off the oil In the lifter. But that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm chalking it up to faulty oil pump,and also the discovery that the lifter hold down bosses intersect the cam bearings and they installed a bolt that was to long into the Hold down spider. Thus deforming the cam bearing and causing severe wear just at the top of the bearing in a small spot.