97 svt Snake

vortech v7 ysi

Alright gentlemen and ladies. A buddy has come up with a deal for me. Vortech v7 ysi everything to bolt right up to the cobra. And also brand new crane blower cams. What are your guys thoughts on running this setup on that stock motor 35k original miles? I should be able to have a good tuner keep the boost low to keep power in a good range as not to blow up the motor first drive. Or at least i would think so i cant find a number that says whats the lowest this blower should go to. It maxes out at 30 psi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have not worked with mustangs and boost yet. Have dabbled in it with building my turbo civic.

I think you'd definitely see some good gains (depending on boost and whatnot) but you'd have to limit yourself to something below 400whp to keep it safe. The crank is solid, but replace those rods and pistons and you're set for much bigger power. As it is now, I'm not sure the cams would really matter because the bottom end would give way before cams would make a significant difference, though you may want to ask someone with more knowledge on cams than me on that subject. Not sure if this helps or not but there's my 2¢

Actually, take what I've said with a grain of salt until someone else confirms it because there are others on this site with much more experience on this subject than myself.

Edited by RassCar

Alright gentlemen and ladies. A buddy has come up with a deal for me. Vortech v7 ysi everything to bolt right up to the cobra.  What are your guys thoughts on running this setup on that stock motor 35k original miles?

Exsessive RPM's and detonation will destroy the stock connecting rods, so its suggested to keep the rpm's on a stock motor with a V7 below 6K and avoid detonation at all costs in order for the stock short block to survive. 

Once you are ready to rebuild the short block and outpower any turbo set up with the outstanding V7 blower,  I would recomend Manley's new "heavy beam" connecting rods that are specifically designed for supercharged motors. 

Check out the Manley heavy billit rod specs:

14518-8 Stock Length w/ 22mm pin

7/16 ARP 2000 bolts

5.933" length 

2.239"  680 grams 

Heavier beam for forced induction applications

46perf14.gif

Specs for the standard 4.6 Ford pro series rod is the same as above except for the weight (602) grams.

I wonder how this new 680 gram rod compares with the 650 gram rod made from 300M tool steel?

m5lp_0906_14_z%2Bmercury_cougar_cobra_hy

I would also suggest the Manley platinum series pistons with the upgraded tool steel pins.

I have a hard time trusting a guy who thinks he owns a BLUE 95 when clearly his car is newer and red. if he cant even figure that much out I surely woudnt trust motor advice from him!!!!!! lmfao

B-)

But yet this is coming from the fella thank asks me questions all the time. B-)