Tony

front end alignment cost?

Its either FREE or $20Around here.... But on a serious note there I sno extra cost for an alignment on a droped car. Just let them you know that you have caster/ camber plates on your shock towers so they cab get it right... I think a car at our shop runs $69.99

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

It's going to vary from place to place. The guy I use charges $69 no matter what I bring him, even if it's a 4 wheel instead of a thrust angle. This is an area where expertise is more important that price. You want to make sure the person doing the alignment has the ability and inclination to align a lowered car. If they set it to the factory specs in the computer, it's going to be all out of whack. You are going to want to pick your own alignment specs and bring them in. If you don't know how you want to align your car, Steeda has some different specs for free on their website depending on what you use the car for. The common denominator seems to be Caster full forward, which for a car with good Caster Camber plates should be 3.5 to 4+ degrees. I always set Camber at 0 for a street car. I can't remember what the toe in should be off the top of my head.

Kurt

It's going to vary from place to place. The guy I use charges $69 no matter what I bring him, even if it's a 4 wheel instead of a thrust angle. This is an area where expertise is more important that price. You want to make sure the person doing the alignment has the ability and inclination to align a lowered car. If they set it to the factory specs in the computer, it's going to be all out of whack. You are going to want to pick your own alignment specs and bring them in. If you don't know how you want to align your car, Steeda has some different specs for free on their website depending on what you use the car for. The common denominator seems to be Caster full forward, which for a car with good Caster Camber plates should be 3.5 to 4+ degrees. I always set Camber at 0 for a street car. I can't remember what the toe in should be off the top of my head.

Kurt

good point, thats why i wondered if anyone with lowered mustangs had one. with the camber after lowering it i wanted a place to be able to properly align it. i want to keep a little camber and still get the wheels parallel. if i go to a one stop shop they will look at my cc plates and be lost, lol! prolly gonna cost a bit more im sure but worth it in the long run. tires aint fn cheap, lol! i talked to a guy today at a place called beeline and he quoted $129 to align the front to the specs i want. so he sounded extremely knowledgeable with lowered cars and caster camber plates. i'll check out that steeda site. thanx for the heads up kurt :)