Black Brad

Friend gave me his cobra strut/sway bars...

I need to know what would be the best combination for my vehicle, i've got the gt sways already on there, no strut bar, i think my current rear is a v6 though, it looks real skinny.

Also what size are the strut tower bolts? I lost mine :facepal:

What would be the best 1.75-2 inch lowering spring that will ride decent, sportlines or h&r super sports? How do spring rates affect the ride? I'm kinda looking for a 2 inch drop that has some kinda performance...seems like the super sport would be better.

I need to know what would be the best combination for my vehicle, i've got the gt sways already on there, no strut bar, i think my current rear is a v6 though, it looks real skinny.

Also what size are the strut tower bolts? I lost mine :facepal:

Put the cobra on and don't look back. They're a big upgrade over gt. And you don't have v6 because v6's never cam with rear sway bars lol. I believe the cobra is somewhere in the realm of 38mm vs like 24mm for the gt?

Edit here yah go!

94-98 Mustang 5.0 / 4.6 (xcpt Cobra) 30mm front 24mm rear

1999 Mustang 4.6 (xcpt Cobra) 28mm front 23mm rear

2000 Mustang 4.6 (xcpt Cobra) 27mm front 24mm rear

1993 Mustang Cobra 28.5mm front 31mm rear

94-95 Mustang Cobra 25mm front 27mm rear

96-98 Mustang Cobra 29mm front 27mm rear

But the reason why the cobras were better were because they were solid instead of being hollow (iirc)

What would be the best 1.75-2 inch lowering spring that will ride decent, sportlines or h&r super sports? How do spring rates affect the ride? I'm kinda looking for a 2 inch drop that has some kinda performance...seems like the super sport would be better.

I've heard super sports outshine sportlines. From what I remember hearing is that sportlines have a tendency to sag in the rear after a while. But the track gurus on here will tell you that when selecting springs for cornering, biggest drop doesn't equal best performance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I believe v6's prior to 98 had a bar, and yeah I know biggest drop doesnt equal best performance, But I like my cars lowwwwww lol. So I want the best performance out of a low spring I guess. I was thinking supersports would be better like you said.