Jbarker

Door panel help

that would be the the door cup, not the panel.  the biggest thing is that the clip on the bottom has to be in tact.  i've used some RTV on the top clip to get it stay there.  but yeah they do really suck getting to stay under the abuse they get.

they all do that basically.  ive seen some guys put a screw in the center of the door cup to hold it tight to the panel.  i just live with it :-/ 

It really is a crap shoot with these pieces. I took my panel off this weekend to replace the window motor and before I did, the cup stayed in perfectly tight all the time, since the project this weekend and after reassembling everything, mine does the same thing. Unfortunately, I've don't have a solution, but rather just commiseration. The struggle is real. 

A lot of times putting a little bit of electrical tape around the tab closest to the switches will make a huge difference in how tight it stays in, plus it looks a lot better than a screw through the center

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Number Tew said:

A lot of times putting a little bit of electrical tape around the tab closest to the switches will make a huge difference in how tight it stays in, plus it looks a lot better than a screw through the center

That's a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing!