cmsismyname

Foxbody shocks/stuts on an sn95?

In short, Yes.

Because foxbody shocks and struts are shorter than sn95 shocks and struts, they work well for a lowered vehicle. I won't get too technical because I don't want to give false tech but yes, they will work.

Figure it's better to keep an old thread in business: Is there any benefit to Fox struts with stock springs? I am replacing front struts soon and simply want to know if there's anything to be gained. I imagine no since the SN has a little more travel.

With stock springs i'd venture to guess no. They only reason why they're advantages to us is if you're tracking a lowered car

Bryan is pretty much right. With stock springs there would be no need to go with shorter dampeners like those for a fox, unless the springs are cut

Sent from my MILESTONE3 using Tapatalk 2

shorter dampers are only better for the corrected bumpstop and travel on lowered cars. this being said, an SN95 Bilstein shock & strut combo is much better than going to a foxbody setup. they have internal bumpstops and the travel is correct for lowered cars already.

I ran fox body tokico 5 ways front and back, cut rear snive springs and stock fox body 4cyl springs up front with no front or rear sway bars ....... on bigs and littles...... daily.... and still killed 60's haha