RockinHrse_98

Mercedes S Class Detail and Paint Correction

Not much going on in the detailing forum so I figured I'd share this. Full detail and paint correction I did earlier this year on my bosses S class Benz.

Products used:

Machines:

Porter Cable 7424XP

Makita Rotary

Wash:

Meguiars Gold Class Wash

Interior:

Meguiars Supreme Shine Interior Protectant

Meguiars Rich Leather Conditioner

Glass:

Stoner Invisible Glass

Compound/Polish:

Meguiars M105 Ultra Cut Compound

Meguiars M205 Ultra Finishing Compound

Meguiars Machine Glaze

Sealants/Wax:

My Secret Product

AutoGlym HD (2 coats)

Tire Shine:

Meguiars Endurance Ultra Gel

BEFORE:

d60cca20.jpg

c8c6a1b8.jpg

4a47e180.jpg

e7d3042c.jpg

f51ee17e.jpg

4fc29b14.jpg

1f2d3717.jpg

fb82b9f8.jpg

e7f8a558.jpg

92df02c1.jpg

6a547d44.jpg

13fc6535.jpg

1abf1a99.jpg

2e972a90.jpg

eaa2f91c.jpg

eb327d00.jpg

b5bc326c.jpg

0a531959.jpg

c3fc66e8.jpg

49754ecf.jpg

3fbb4645.jpg

Edited by RockinHrse_98

Damn dude that turned out great! What's your method on the interior? just spray and rub? let it set and wipe away?

Thanks man. For the leather just wipe the conditioner on and let it set for a minute or two then buff it off with a microfiber. The seats in this car were in great shape so they didn't require much actual cleaning. but when the seats are soiled I use leather cleaner on scrub brush thats covered with a terry towel. For the dash and stuff I mix up some dawn dishwashing liquid and water and wipe them down good to strip off the old dressings then just wipe on the dressing.

Yeah man! Works great. Stripping off the old dressing makes it look better IMO. The dawn solution will also help get oil or grease out of the leather seats, but be sure to get it all of with a wet rag. Think it probably wouldnt be too good to let it stay on the leather, might dry it out

Absolutely awesome job on the detailing. :thumb:

My dad had one like that one once, those are ridiculously expensive in parts. Back then (like 10 years ago) one headlight housing was like $1000! ..thats right, for the plastic housing, which consists of a plastic bowl shaped piece chrome painted inside with a clear plastic lid glued on top of it ..yep $1000!!!

When the tranny blew, getting a new tranny would cost more than the car was worth back in 2005.

Absolutely awesome job on the detailing. :thumb:My dad had one like that one once, those are ridiculously expensive in parts. Back then (like 10 years ago) one headlight housing was like $1000! ..thats right, for the plastic housing, which consists of a plastic bowl shaped piece chrome painted inside with a clear plastic lid glued on top of it ..yep $1000!!!When the tranny blew, getting a new tranny would cost more than the car was worth back in 2005.
And this is why my father has a bumper to bumper warranty on his new Mercedes

And this is why my father has a bumper to bumper warranty on his new Mercedes

People should have that on all luxury cars, its really just stupid how much they are in parts in general. Another example is one of my friends dad has a Lexus GS350 and he just had one of the rear shocks replaced and one shock (yes ONE!) cost what would be equal to $400. Seriously its a mercedes knock-off made by toyota and it costs $400 for one shock!!! ..First I thought he was kidding when he said it, but no!

Thanks everybody. I detail cars all the time. Have been for years. Practice pays off. I'll upload some more jobs when I get a chance

My dad had one like that one once, those are ridiculously expensive in parts. Back then (like 10 years ago) one headlight housing was like $1000! ..thats right, for the plastic housing, which consists of a plastic bowl shaped piece chrome painted inside with a clear plastic lid glued on top of it ..yep $1000!!!

When the tranny blew, getting a new tranny would cost more than the car was worth back in 2005.

Which is why I wouldnt own a Mercedes, BMW, or High End Luxury car

Frank, find me a car with bad swirls, buffer will be here friday :)

Great work OP

Appreciate it

Please be careful with it. Buffers are awesome tools if used correctly, but a rotary polisher will do horrible things if not

Thanks everybody. I detail cars all the time. Have been for years. Practice pays off. I'll upload some more jobs when I get a chance

Which is why I wouldnt own a Mercedes, BMW, or High End Luxury car

Agreed, unless I had an income high enough to not care about it.

Agreed, unless I had an income high enough to not care about it.

Still wouldn't haha. They are a pain to work on, require specialty tools, have sensors on everything, and are ridiculous on parts

Still wouldn't haha. They are a pain to work on, require specialty tools, have sensors on everything, and are ridiculous on parts

thats what I mean, like just pay for having it fixed. lol

Had to put a trans in a High end BMW turbo (Cant remember the exact model) one time at the shop. . . . Think it ended up costing around $12000. It was tore up pretty bad, but still, thats just stupid. We had to buy special sockets and everything to even get the thing out. Even more to rebuild it. Costed around $8000 just for parts, not to mention all the labor

Appreciate it

Please be careful with it. Buffers are awesome tools if used correctly, but a rotary polisher will do horrible things if not

It's just the portercable. But I run air buffers at work all the time. I build boats ha :)

Yep and thats why I drive American! :usa2:

Yeah buddy. Same here. Still not cheap, but cheaper then that

It's just the portercable. But I run air buffers at work all the time. I build boats ha :)

Well in that case have fun lol. Would suggest not using the side handle on it though, it'll tear your hand all to pieces with the vibration. I've tried wrapping it in memory foam and regular old foam but nothing helps

Thanks man! I'm sure I'll find out one way or another. Most people can't run a DA for 10 hours straight at work. Their always like "wtf is wrong with you" because I just keep going haha. :)

Hoping to snag some results like yours!!

Yeah buddy. Same here. Still not cheap, but cheaper then tha

Funny thing is that my mustang is actually cheaper in parts than most euroboxes and jap stuff is. Even though I have to order the parts from the us and have them shipped, they are still cheaper.

When my tranny blew and I had to get a new one, with shipping, VAT, Labor etc. it cost around $6000, and that is still $2-3000 cheaper than what the euro and jap car makers would ask.

Thanks man! I'm sure I'll find out one way or another. Most people can't run a DA for 10 hours straight at work. Their always like "wtf is wrong with you" because I just keep going haha. :)

Hoping to snag some results like yours!!

No problem man. I'm tellin ya dude its rough haha. The joints in my hand were pretty much stuck by the time I finished a 3 stage compound/ polish on that car. and I'm only 20 lol

Funny thing is that my mustang is actually cheaper in parts than most euroboxes and jap stuff is. Even though I have to order the parts from the us and have them shipped, they are still cheaper.

When my tranny blew and I had to get a new one, with shipping, VAT, Labor etc. it cost around $6000, and that is still $2-3000 cheaper than what the euro and jap car makers would ask.

Everything is expensive on the 4.6. Not Mercedes expensive, but nowhere near cheap either. But $6000??? WTF??? You can get a brand spankin new T56 for $3000!!