poxenham

Economical 13" Wilwood Kit

Hey guys,

I'm working on putting together a 13" wilwood brake kit made by my company Fully Torqued Racing that would not be excessively priced, but still high quality and have the essentials you need to make an sn95 stop fast. The necessary hardware to adapt to a SN95 would be CNC milled in-house and provided with the kit. . Posting around a few different forums to see what kind of brake kit people would want to see, so if you've seen this before, carry on ;).

Here's the current specs of the base model

Wilwood 4 piston Dynapro Calipers

Wilwood B compound pads

13" Blank rotors

Stainless steel brake lines

Mounting hardware for SN95s

Price would be $874.99, but I'll do an introductory pricing for forum members/preorders for about $100 less. $774.99 What do you all think?

Prototyped the kit a few days ago (comparable jfz calipers from a nascar late model pictured, final product will be wilwood)

10523147123_760e4cd966.jpg

With 17" wheel

10522940426_7e3a1725e6.jpg

Also if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it

Edited by poxenham

I'll look into that today. I just realized looking at wilwoods pricing that I could actually so 6 piston 13" for not much extra. I'll get back to you on the 15"

wilwood already makes a 13in superlite kit for 94-04

I still dont understand the reason behind the fabricating a kit thing. Everything you need to run there stuff is on there site already and available threw them and there distributors. Heck you can purchase right threw summitt or jegs.

Why not just become a vendor?

What about 6 piston, 15" and narrow calipers?

you're going need a brake proportioning valve if you're going to do that with stock brakes. 4-pistons are more than enough brake for the street and even road racing and for what FTR is offering for them beats the hell out of cobra r kit from ford.

Pete, find a way to mount cobra PBR 13" fronts on the rear and that 6 piston front setup would work very well especially for those that don't want to upgrade their axle ends to eliminate the c-clip axle slide

wilwood already makes a 13in superlite kit for 94-04

I still dont understand the reason behind the fabricating a kit thing. Everything you need to run there stuff is on there site already and available threw them and there distributors. Heck you can purchase right threw summitt or jegs.

Why not just become a vendor?

As I've said before, the kits made by wilwood itself add lots of markup to the kit just because of the bracket and fittings included, and they don't have many options when it comes to what combination of calipers/pads/rotors. My goal is to make a high quality kit for a decent price.

And I'm not sourcing through a normal retailer, I'm getting them through a wilwood dealer that I do business with often, and wilwood also offers qty discounts so I'm getting a good price. It's not like I'm just ordering from summit and then sending it right back out.

Edited by poxenham

you're going need a brake proportioning valve if you're going to do that with stock brakes. 4-pistons are more than enough brake for the street and even road racing and for what FTR is offering for them beats the hell out of cobra r kit from ford.

Pete, find a way to mount cobra PBR 13" fronts on the rear and that 6 piston front setup would work very well especially for those that don't want to upgrade their axle ends to eliminate the c-clip axle slide

Will do, I did some more research on the piston push back and I get what you're saying now. I'll pick up a pbr caliper this week and get it to fit on the back. Will post pics once it's working.

The only issue is that it would also require a second independent parking brake, so that's going to add to cost. I'm still looking into a two piston floating caliper with e brake cable too

Will do, I did some more research on the piston push back and I get what you're saying now. I'll pick up a pbr caliper this week and get it to fit on the back. Will post pics once it's working.

The only issue is that it would also require a second independent parking brake, so that's going to add to cost. I'm still looking into a two piston floating caliper with e brake cable too

No ebrake is no problem for me lol, less weight because racecar ;)

As I've said before, the kits made by wilwood itself add lots of markup to the kit just because of the bracket and fittings included, and they don't have many options when it comes to what combination of calipers/pads/rotors. My goal is to make a high quality kit for a decent price.

And I'm not sourcing through a normal retailer, I'm getting them through a wilwood dealer that I do business with often, so I'm getting a good price. It's not like I'm just ordering from summit and then sending it right back out.

that is why they list all there calipers bracketry and hardware seperately. You can piece together your own set up and buy from the cheapest distributor you can find, which is what most do.

that is why they list all there calipers bracketry and hardware seperately. You can piece together your own set up and buy from the cheapest distributor you can find, which is what most do.

Opal, we've already had this discussion. I'm offering a kit (ie you don't have to go hunting). At a better price (very possibly even better than if you went hunting). And it will be tested specifically with the sn95 instead of just piecing together a kit.

I don't mean to be rude, but you already have a 14" wilwood kit so this kit obviously isn't something you'd buy right now, my target audience is not people who will throw away their $1500 14" kit that they're happy with and buy one for half the price. If you have the money and desire for all the features that the wilwood kit has, more power to you. But this kit is different specs and geared towards a different audience

not understanding the hostility in here. $800 for a wilwood kit is a damn steal IMO. especially considering the cheapest 4 pot you can get brand new on the market now is 00R setup and that'll run you $1200 new.

not understanding the hostility in here. $800 for a wilwood kit is a damn steal IMO. especially considering the cheapest 4 pot you can get brand new on the market now is 00R setup and that'll run you $1200 new.

No hostilty here iroush.. just trying to understand why hes trying to fabricate bracketry and stuff when everything you need to mount that caliper to an sn95 spindle is already availible.

Also $800 for that caliper set up isnt that great infact that is one of wilwoods smallest calipers and on an open track it would be marginal at best.

you can buy thatcaliper for around $100 so as you can see its not really pricey to begin with. For a $100 extra you can get a complete billet superlite 4 pot 13 in rotor kit complete already.

Just for everyones reference heres what wilwood has to offer caliper wise.

The dynalite: Its a smallish caliper (seven inches in length)..

Piston area of 4.80" Pad volume of 2.1

http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperList.aspx?subname=Forged%20Dynalite

The dynapro: Again, a small caliper

Piston area of 4.80" Pad volume of 3( I dont get that number, it uses the same 3.96" pad as the dynalite)

http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperList.aspx?subname=Dynapro%20Lug%20Mount

The superlites: Now the calipers are getting bigger!! (9.5" caliper VS a 7" caliper)

Piston area of 5.18 and pad volume of 4.9 (big jump)

http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperList.aspx?subname=Forged%20Superlite

Billet superlite: similar to the forged superlites

Piston area 5.18 Pad volume of 4.9.

http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperList.aspx?subname=Billet%20Superlite%204%20 Lug%20Mount