iRoush

Project: e85 Torpedo

First off, thank you for looking! I'm going to keep it simple and update the posts as the progress goes along. Thanks All!

What are the goals of the build?

-My goal for this car is to turn into my dual purpose performance car. Have the ability to drive it on the street all while tear up the race track whenever I'd like. This car will end up being my retrainer for autocross and road racing which will I will have to keep up with a much higher learning curve than I did with the old '98 V6. I've already reached my goal of 350rwhp N/A, now I need to bring everything else around. The suspension needs work, the trans needs work, as well as the rear end. Visually and aesthetically the car is perfect at this point so there's no reason to change it. I hope to have this car at least at a stopping point some time in 2013.

Edited by iRoush

=============================e85 Torpedo Build Log=============================

==01/25/10== (Purchased)

1999 Roush Stage II - Build #3115

-63,000 miles

==04/15/10==

Roush Stage III Front Installed

-Complete Kit

007.jpg

-Replaced the Front bumper due to damage incurred in an accident I had in March.

==04/16/10==

Roush Short Throw Shifter Installed

-Roush Shifter Base

-Roush Shifter Handle

-Roush Shift Boot

-Roush Shift Knob

019.jpg

-Was absolutely tired of the loose, truck-length shifts, so I tightened it up with a Roush Short Throw Shifter!

==05/21/10==

OEM Painted Mirrors

-Self-Prep & Paintwork

-Stock Plastic Mirrors

-Paint Matched to DGS

d182afe8.jpg

-Decided to tackle painting these mirrors myself. The quality came out better than OEM IMO. The mirrors were hand sanded for a smooth surface and I applied primer, base, and clear with a fence painter (I know ghetto, but it works...)

==05/22/10==

Mac O/R H-Pipe Installed

02a3de38.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp6b2P2CkIU

-From day one I loved the tone of the Roush, it was just a tad too quiet. I livened it up a bit with an o/r mid pipe and have been all smiles ever since!

==05/31/10==

Fidanza Aluminum 8-Bolt flywheel installed

Spec Stage 3 Clutch Installed

flywheel.jpg

clutch.jpg

-The Stock Clutch absolutely had it, so I decided to upgrade to a spec clutch and an aluminum flywheel. The flywheel weighed in at a total of 10lbs.

==06/01/10==

Steeda Clutch Adjuster Kit Installed

-Steeda Firewall Adjuster

-Steeda Quick Release Race Quadrant

b3707149.jpg

-What good is a clutch and flywheel without adjustability? Added these in to support the drivetrain mods.

Cougar PI Intake Plenum & Throttle Body Combo Installed

-Added these junkyard gems due to the smooth interior of the plenum compared to OEM. The t/b is also bigger and tapered for smoother air flow.

==06/02/10==

Dynomax Super Turbo Replacement Muffler Installed

mufflerhole.jpg

-Blew a hole in the stock dynomax muffler (yeah i know the roush has THAT much power).

==06/04/10==

Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable Installed

-Thought the stock clutch cable was bad, turns out the TOB was really, this clutch cable lasted all of a couple months before it was swapped in for a brand new Ford cable.

==06/10/10==

Roush Bolt-In Subframe Connectors Installed

-They don't do much bolted in, but, the plan is to have them triangulated and welded to a set of Spintech Subframe connectors for maximum rigidity.

==07/18/10==

Big Brake Kit Installed

Roush-PBR 2-Piston Calipers (Painted Rio Red)

-13" Brembo Drilled Rotors (Front)

-10.5" Brembo Drilled Rotors (Rear)

-Porterfield R-4S Pads (F+R)

-Stoptech Stainless Braided Brake Lines

-Speed Bleeders

brakes1.jpg

brakes2.jpg

rotor.jpg

brakes3.jpg

-The brakes just had to go... it's difficult to stop a stock 3400lb car with crappy duralast pads that are worn to the metal and rotors that are grooved.. Went to Roush and ordered their front brake kit, and at the time I had a sponsorship with Brembo for rotors and they supplied them for free. Porterfield supplied the pads at a discounted rate because I'm an active customer. Thank you Brembo and Porterfield!

==07/24/10==

Maximum Motorsports Front Coilover Kit Installed

-400# Coilover Springs

MM 4-Bolt C/C Plates Installed

-Alignment done by Agent 47

coilovers.jpg

camber.jpg

-Finally got around to installing my front coilover kit onto the Roush Valved Bilsteins up front. Thanks to Sick06Stang (Jason) for the help installing.

==09/06/10==

Off-Brand Reclineable Racing Seats Installed

-Custom Driver Seat Track to accommodate my height (6'6")

-Roush Harness Pads

-Got these seats for a steal and realistically anything was an upgrade from stock. Routed the seat belts through the seat so the pads were a necessity.

==09/17/10==

UPR Polished Radiator Cover Installed

chromecover.jpg

-Blinged the car up a little bit, the stock one was removed by the previous owner because it was signed by the man himself, Jack Roush. So I needed something to make it look good again.

==10/07/10==

Livernois 298ci Stroker Rotating Assembly Installed

-Custom Livernois Forged Steel Stroker Crankshaft

-Livernois Exclusive Mahle Forged Pistons

-Livernois Exclusive Rings, Locks, and Wrist Pins

-Livernois Exclusive Manley H-Beam Rods w/ ARP 2000 Bolts

-Clevite Tri-Armor Coated Bearings

50badge.jpg

-After losing compression on cylinder 5, due to a ring getting stuck and destroying the ringlands and scouring the cylinders. I pulled the motor, bought a stroker kit, and the rest was history. 8.9:1 compression (I was planning for boost). All machine work was done by HDS Machine, assembly done by CHP.

==10/21/10==

295/35/18 Toyo T1R's Installed (Rear)

295t1r.jpg

-Finally got rid of the tires that have plagued me from day one. Toyo supplies these to me at a discount due to being a contingent sponsor for NASA Time Trials. Thank you Toyo!

==10/25/10==

Houston Performance 292S Cams Installed

-228/230 Duration|292/292 Advertised|.531" Lift|114LSA

hp-292-2.jpg

hp292-1.jpg

hp292-3.jpg

hp292-5.jpg

hp292-6.jpg

hp292-4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsZgIWsMSTk

-Figured it was time to add a little performance mods to go with the new motor. Learned a lot from the install!

==11/04/10==

Dyno Tune by Joe @ Trick Tuners

-263rwhp/283rwtq

hp292-dyno.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ofnppo1Gfw

-Not bad for 100+ degree weather and the only mods being cams, and cat back exhaust!

==11/20/10==

Roush Spoiler Relocated 2" Aft

7e7badd0.jpg

bdd84915.jpg

-Moved the spoiler back because it just bugged me that it didn't sit flush with the trunk lid!

==11/24/10==

1997 Teksid Aluminum Block Received

teksid001.jpg

teksid002.jpg

teksid003.jpg

teksid004.jpg

-Decided it was time for a lightweight block and a different plan other than boost...

==01/01/11==

1 1/4" H&R Wheel Spacers Installed

wheelspacers.jpg

-Found these gems in the junkyard, they aren't perfect spacing but they'll do for now.

==01/25/11==

265/35/18 Toyo T1R's Installed (Front)

265t1r.jpg

-Finally got around to swapping the front tires out, car all around handles better!

==01/31/11==

Trickflow Specialties Valvtetrain Components Installed

-Ford GT Supercar Cam Followers

-TFS High Performance Lash Adjusters

-Due to the HP292S cams being regrind cams, the base circle was smaller than stock, so the cams ate up the followers and lash adjusters. Luckily no valves dropped otherwise I would've had a much more serious problem!

==03/05/11==

Pro-Comp Fuel Rails Received

fuelrails.jpg

-New Fuel Rails to help support my e85 conversion...

Modified Inner Fenderwell For Clearance

fenderwellmod.jpg

-was having issues on full compression of the coilovers with the tire rubbing the inner fenderwell, cut out the problematic areas, problem solved!

==03/13/11==

PA Performance Alternator Installed

paalternator.jpg

-Alternator was taking a dump so I upgraded to the PA Alternator and have been good ever since!

==04/20/11==

OEM Style Clear Corner Headlights Installed

ebayclearcorners.jpg

-The rubber seal on the stock headlights finally gave out and started condesating in the headlight. Decided to give eBay a shot, when I got the headlights, I through them in the oven, seperated them, cleaned them up, and then pressed them together again and resealed them to ensure no condesation would get in. Been flawless ever since!

==05/06/11==

OEM 28.5lb Steel Flwheel Installed

FRPP Throw Out Bearing Installed

tobflywheelswap.jpg

-In preparation for the new motor I removed the aluminum flywheel to get weight balanced with the rotating assembly. The TOB was the main project since mine was shot. Thanks to Sick06Stang (Jason - pictured) for the help as always!

==05/10/11==

Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel Surfaced

fidanzaflywheel.jpg

-Resurfacing done by HDS Machine

==05/18/11==

Steeda Underdrive Pullies Received

steeda_udp.jpg

steeda_udp2.jpg

-Ordered these to get weight balanced to the new rotating assembly of the new motor!

==05/20/11==

Teksid Aluminum Block Delivered to MMR for Machining & Assembly

teksiddeliver.jpg

-Took a road trip with my friend Rachel to MMR to have it machined and assembled by them. Thanks to Mark for all the discounts and huge hook up on parts!

Specs:

Torque Plate Bored, Honed, and Decked

-Bored .020 over

Ford Racing Cast Iron Crankshaft (8-Bolt)

MMR I-Beam Rods (Shotpeened, Magnafluxed and Weight Matched)

-ARP 2000 Rod Bolts

Manley Lightweight Pistons (13:1 Compression)

Total Seal File Fit Rings

Clevite Rod and Main bearings

Dynamically Balanced w/ Steeda UDP, Aluminum Flywheel, Twin-Disk Clutch

ETA on completion: 06/24/11

==05/30/11==

JLT Ram Air Intake Installed

-Sonic Blue Painted

Roush Performance 75mm Throttle Body and Gasket Installed

jlt.jpg

roushtb.jpg

-Thanks to Joe @ Trick Tuners for the amazing deal on the JLT. Bought it for $100 off retail. Granted it's Sonic Blue, I think the function > form ;). The Roush 75mm just helped it right along!

==06/03/11==

FRPP 3.73 Gears Received

373.jpg

-Thanks to BroncoEric for the deal on the gears! They will be installed 06/11/11 with the help of Bobby and Sick06Stang (Jason).

==06/11/11==

FRPP 3.73 Gears Installed

Thank you Bobby, Jason, Chris, and Eric for the help on the install. Couldn't have done it without you guys!

==06/15/11==

Accufab 75mm Plenum Received and Installed

To complete the intake side of the car I polished it off (no pun intended) with a Polished 75mm Accufab Plenum. Throttle Response is much nicer and the cam lope is more distinct through the exhaust now!

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

==06/18/11==

Got back on the dyno to get the tune sorted out, made a little bit more power but pegged the MAF so adjustments were limited. I'm using these numbers as my baseline for the new motor, I'm demanding these numbers at the very least!

271rwhp/287rwtq

dynotune.jpg

Thanks to Joe @ Trick Tuners!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Url-I--LHbM

==06/24/11==

Well after another road trip to MMR, I'm now the proud owner of a High Compression Teksid Shortblock as well as a few other goodies that Mark @ MMR wouldn't let me leave without!

teksid_001.jpg

teksid_003.jpg

teksid_011.jpg

teksid_008.jpg

teksid_007.jpg

teksid_006.jpg

teksid_005.jpg

teksid_004.jpg

teksid_012.jpg

teksid_013.jpg

teksid_014.jpg

Then I also walked out of there with an MMR Windage Tray

teksid_002.jpg

as well as brand new Ford GT Supercar Camshaft Followers for $100 (these retail well over $500 at Ford....)

IMG_0297.jpg

Top is the GT Supercar Follower, bottom is my OEM follower

IMG_0298.jpg

Right is the GT Supercar Follower, Left is my OEM Follower

IMG_0299.jpg

==06/26/11==

New Battery Relocation kit picked up thanks to Sick06Stang (Jason)

batterybox.jpg

New Aluminum Driveshaft picked up thanks to Sick06Stang (Jason) and 01yellercobra(Bob)

aluminum_ds.jpg

New Autometer Gauge Cluster Received

-Drilled out the Headlight button hole and will cut out the rear defroster hole when assembled.

gauge_panel.jpg

==07/09/11==

New FRPP 42# Injectors Received

42_injectors.jpg

-Thanks to Bobby for the sweet hook-up on these!

Next up, I braved the 90+ degree weather and red ants and installed my new aluminum driveshaft!

alum_ds.jpg

-Thanks to Jason (Sick06Stang) for the driveshaft!

==08/11/11==

Schroth Rallye 4 Harness Installed

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

-Just finished installing the new Schroth Rallye 4 Harness after my stock 3-point failed. I'm going to need to make a new seat track soon, the seat sits too far up and the harness is almost at full extension to reach it's mounting points. besides that I talked with Agent 47 over the phone today, I need to be at least 4" further back after measuring how much I bend my elbows and knees to fit in the car. All in due time I suppose!

==08/18/11==

Maximum Motorsports Bumpsteer Kit Installed

cac75c5d.jpg

7f13a7ea.jpg

73eaa6d7.jpg

16dd585b.jpg

1e3a1b25.jpg

- My outer tie rod ends were starting to squeal and felt incredibly sloppy. Decided before I ever had the chance to experience catastrophic failure that I upgrade to the MM heim joints. Steering feels heavier now but the feedback and initial turn in response is so much better!

==08/20/11==

Rear Seat Removed

IMG_0718.jpg

-Removed the rear seat and seat belts for Conmech. Everything removed weighed in at a total of 43.5lbs!

==08/22/11==

Mac Ceramic Longtube Headers Received

mac_lts.jpg

-Thanks to Sik98GT and Pacifica Performance for the hook-up! These are damn near impossible to buy now that Mac has reduced production!

Mac O/R Shorty H-Pipe Received

or-h.jpg

-Once again thanks to Sik98GT and Pacifica Performance! Should go VERY nicely with my headers!

==08/29/11==

Brand new 90mm Lightning MAF Received

08ee3c81.jpg

-This concludes everything I need for the intake side of the new motor.

New Speed Bleeders received

0d8efa88.jpg

-As a part of maintenance, it's time for new brakes and accessories. First of my new parts arrived.

==08/31/11==

Porterfield R4 Racing Brake Pads Received.

porterfieldpads.jpg

-Received my new Carbon Kevlar Race Pads, now I just wait on my Brembo Zinc Plated Rotors!

==09/10/11==

Maximum Motorsports 4-Point Roll Cage Received.

MM_4cage.jpg

-Thanks to FoxFire5.0 for the deal on the cage!

==09/13/11==

Brembo Zinc Plated Rotors Received.

bremborotors.jpg

-Thanks to Brembo for the deal as always! Got these for a steal with my discount.

==09/17/11==

Brembo Zinc Plated Rotors & Porterfield Pads Installed

rbrakes.jpg

rbrakes2.jpg

-Also decided to eliminate the Bilstein Quad Shocks as well. Car stops much, much better and no more brake squeal.

==09/23/11==

Maximum Motorsports Roll Bar Picked up from ElectroTech Powdercoating

mmrollbar.jpg

mmrollbar2.jpg

mmrollbar3.jpg

-Picked up my roll bar. Couldn't be happier with the results. $150 for as good as this thing looks was well worth it! The pics don't do it justice either!

==10/01/11==

Maximum Motorsports 4-Point Rollbar Installed

700811ad.jpg

13086785.jpg

cage4.jpg

cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

cage3.jpg

cage5.jpg

cage6.jpg

-Thanks to the Big Meanie for the weld job!

==10/06/11==

KMS Torker 340lph Fuel System Received!

kmstorker.jpg

-Now I'll have no problem supply my e85 system!

==10/20/11==

Raybestos R-300 Brake Rotors

r300.jpg

-Due to a defective set of rotors from Brembo and them not honoring a replacement for me, I decided to contact Raybestos... they gave me a pretty good deal, 5% off retail for switching from Brembo to Raybestos...

==10/21/11==

Raybestos R-300 Front Brake Rotors Installed

r-3002.jpg

r-3003.jpg

-Installed the Raybestos R-300's up front. Still waiting on my rears to get here, they were delayed from the factory. Regardless, first opinion of these, they are much quieter than the drilled Brembos, much smoother, and when you heat 'em up...... you better be locked in tight because you will go through the windshield in a heavy braking situation. Best money I've spent on this car in awhile! If you're looking for rotors go for the Raybestos R-300's!!!

==10/23/11==

2003 Terminator Oil Pan Picked Up

terminatorpan.jpg

-Went for the Terminator pan as an upgrade. Comes with the oil pan baffles which 2v's don't have.

==10/25/11==

Raybestos R-300 Rear Brake Rotors Received & Installed

e52656d4.jpg

-Finished the rotor swap... brakes are finally up to my standards...

==11/01/11==

OEM Romeo Camshaft Covers Received

IMG_1265.jpg

-Okay, these badboys only cost me $50. Thanks to heppgary from The Corral!!! He sanded them down, removed the plastic ribbing, and coated them professionally with the metallic silver I wanted. Cannot thank him enough!!!

==11/15/11==

POS Alarm Removed

f3a591da.jpg

-Found this in my kick panel so I removed it after it went haywire on my way home from work...

==11/25/11==

FRPS Replaced

FRPSblowout.jpg

-Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor blew out on the way to work. (Had to push my car two blocks, THANK JESUS FOR THE ROLLCAGE). Replaced the FRPS and all is well.

==11/28/11==

Custom Seat Track Made

seattrack1.jpg

seattrack2.jpg

seattrack3.jpg

seattrack4.jpg

-Being that I'm 6'6". I was dying being confined to the limited amount of room the SN95 chassis provides. So I came up with my own seat track design that works flawlessly. Moved me a total of 7-8" back from the stock location and I'm 4" lower in the car with plenty of clearance for a helmet. Very comfortable as well! Thanks to Jason for the spectacular welding work!

==11/29/11==

IAC Restrictor Plate Made and Installed

iacrestrictor.jpg

-Had the inherent rpm hang that all modulars have with EFI. Decided to give the IAC restrictor plate a shot and see what it does. Holes are 3/8".

==12/28/11==

G-Force 6-Point Harness Received

402649_10150465142087849_572652848_8552794_240655056_n.jpg

-Received my new harness, gonna wait until this weekend possibly next (depending on the new years festivities) to wrap the harnesses on the cage. Can't wait to install it!

==12/30/11==

G-Force 6-Point Camlock Harness Installed

Mock-Up

388414_10150468517607849_572652848_8567626_984583601_n.jpg

Wrapped

401480_10150468636362849_572652848_8568249_2012425915_n.jpg

-Harness wrapping done by myself, Just need some zip ties to roll up the excess webbing.

==12/31/11==

Raised Gas Pedal Mod

PedalSpacer.jpg

PedalRaised.jpg

-Got tired of the extra effort required to heel-toe downshift. Finally did the mod with the correct hardware (nylon spacer with hose clamps). Wish I would have done it sooner, so much easier to drive!

Cleaned up the Harness Webbing

HarnessWrap.jpg

-Tidied up the harness wrap job i did yesterday with a pair of zip ties.

==01/08/12==

Installed Black Out Vinyl and OEM Roush Windshield Banner on Front Window

blackout.jpg

blackout2.jpg

banner2.jpg

banner1.jpg

-Got tired of the sun always shining in my eyes and I hate using a sunvisor, so I added a 0% tint vinyl across my windshield and replaced the faded windshield banner with a new OEM for 1999 Roush banner. They don't produce these any more so I'm lucky I got my hands on one!

==02/04/12==

Installed HID's

fec7e3da.jpg

e1d45edb.jpg

-Picked up a sponsorship with HIDmasters.com who supplied me with a set of 6000k HID Headlight and Foglight kits. Mounted them so they are invisible to the naked eye. Thanks to Misha @ HIDmasters!

==02/18/12==

Steeda Underdrive Pulley Kit Installed

19d8c556.jpg

-Was getting a little bored with the power on the car whilst I'm waiting on my new motor, decided to added the UDP's to the mix, and I must say I love them!

==02/23/12==

Sumitomo HTR ZII's, Ford Head Bolts, and Ford Alignment Dowels received.

703ab9ec.jpg

a99a6610.jpg

1d489668.jpg

- Received my replacement street tires. These are just the fronts in 265/35/18.

Also received my first box from MHS with my head bolts and the head gasket alignment dowels.

==02/26/12==

Installed Sumitomo HTR ZII Tires (Front) & Adjusted Alignment back to Roush OEM

f9d4302b.jpg

-Installed my Sumitomo 265/35/18 tires, so far I like them, they're definitely quieter than my Toyo's and seem like an all around solid tire for street driving. Also brought the alignment back in so my tire wear is much more even all across the board.

==03/01/12==

Modular HeadShop Stage 3 Heads and Stage 4.5 Cams + TFS Crank Gears Received

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

-Received the MHS Heads and Cams, crank gears, and head gaskets. Installed the Passenger head, still need to do the driver side and degree the cams. So far so good....

==03/02/12==

Completed Head & Camshaft Install!

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

-Fixed the Alignment Dowel for the Head/Block and installed the driver head, completing the Head/Cam installation.

==03/09/12==

PA PMGR High Torque Starter Recieved

e4e1d8be.jpg

98331ebb.jpg

-High Torque starter received. needed a little more rpm out of the starter to overcome the difficulty of starting this high of a compression motor.

==03/13/12==

PLX DM-5 Wideband Received

plxwideband1.jpg

plxwideband2.jpg

plxwideband4.jpg

-Thanks to Joe @ Trick Tuners for pre-wiring most of it up for me so it's pretty much plug and play for my car.

TSS Oil Pump, Pick-Up Tube, and Mounting Hardware Received

TSSoilpump.jpg

TSSoilpump2.jpg

-Received my TSS 2v Oil Pump, thanks to Tousley ford for the pickup tube and mounting hardware on the cheap!

==03/17/12==

PLX DM-5 Wideband Installed

IMG_2215.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxotekimhSM

-Installed and wired up the PLX DM-5 Wideband today. Thanks to Joe @ Trick Tuners for giving me a phone call to answer all my questions, The installation was seamless as was my soldering!

==03/19/12==

FRPP 2v Oil Pump Installed

IMG_2228.jpg

-Installed the FRPP 2v Oil Pump, waiting on gaskets, etc. now to install the windage tray, pick-up tube, etc.

==03/20/12==

Misc. Gaskets, Stamped Trigger Wheel, and NGK TR6's received.

gasketry.jpg

-This about wraps up all the parts I need. Waiting on my oil pan to get back from powdercoat and a set of dowel pins to arrive from MHS...

==03/24/12==

Teksid 2v Timing Chain Guide Pins Received & Installed

IMG_2270.jpg

==03/25/12==

KMS Torker 340LPH Fuel Pump Installed

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

-Finally installed the 340LPH fuel pump. It was a major pain because of all the modifications I had to make to make it fit but now that it's in, it works great!

=03/28/12==

Oil Pan Received and Installed w/ MMR Windage Tray

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

==03/30/12==

Old Engine Removed and new engine assembly starts

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

-Many thanks to the Big Meanie for leading the way in the engine removal!

==04/08/12==

New Engine Installed and Fired

ab2f4c81.jpg

1fbc9810.jpg

acc89dc3.jpg

f87794fb.jpg

c3f52100.jpg

8145a81e.jpg

ca0e6962.jpg

3bd255f9.jpg

d7e6fa4b.jpg

d9a77560.jpg

dd79e6c2.jpg

e15e1575.jpg

223636e9.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5q0myMy91o

==04/10/12==

e85 Gas Cap and Flex Fuel Badge Installed

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

e85 tester received and tested w/ Shell e85

IMG_2397.jpg

-Came out to about 84% ethanol!

==05/05/12==

The e85 Torpedo gets it's much needed Dyno Tune from Trick Tuners!

e85torpedodyno.jpg

ed55d563.jpg

8be880b1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQsfR0EHNoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdIJI8PUUf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBqD2rv1rEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyt2gWy9JCw

==05/25/12==

New Exedy Mach 500 Clutch, FRPP Clutch Fork, and Ford OEM TOB Received

clutch-1.jpg

clutch2.jpg

clutchtobfork.jpg

-Hoping to cure my shifting issue, if not, then it's time to invest in a G-Force T5!

==06/14/12==

Custom Shift Light Built and Installed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U81tcAyQrvg&feature

-Built this bad boy for road racing purposes. Didn't want the standard orange shift light, I wanted a progressive light telling me when my power band starts all the way to redline.

==06/19/12==

285/35/18 Sumitomo HTR ZII Tires received and installed

b9202db5.jpg

-Blew a hole in a tire thanks to a massive body screw. picked these up to DD on..

==06/23/12==

Installed Kenwood Head Unit

9cb790c9.jpg

-Phase one of the interior restoration is complete. more to come shortly!

==06/25/12==

Florida5.0 Radio Delete Panel Installed

IMG_3003.jpg

-Installed the Radio Panel this evening, the instructions were absolutely terrible but, it wasn't too bad haha. Thanks to my dremel for "clearancing".

==06/26/12==

MMR-Moroso Catch Can Received

f333ef74.jpg

-Received my MMR Catch Can. Hopefully this takes care of the oil all over my engine haha

==06/27/12==

H&R 25mm Wheel Spacers Received and Installed

11d6aec1.jpg

64176bed.jpg

-Installed the new wheel spacers, gives the car the perfect stance! now i just gotta lower the rear a little bit!

==06/30/12==

Moroso Aluminum Coolant Expansion Tank Received and Installed

8aa1032d.jpg

18014175.jpg

-My plastic reservoir had broke and I decided to upgrade a bit.

==07/01/12==

MMR-Moroso Catch Can Setup Installed

177440_10150926158562849_681310137_o.jpg

-Mounted the catch can on the passenger side of the timing cover. Routed the house underneath the RAI and around the back of the intake.

Also Received & Installed my new Mach 460 Amp

fae128c6.jpg

-Right Rear Amp blew out so I finally got around to replacing it.

==07/07/12==

Exedy Mach 500, Fidanza Friction Plate, FRPP Clutch Fork, and FRPP Throw out Bearing Installed

clutch-1.jpg

clutchtobfork.jpg

-Well the Spec gave out completely so it was time for a huge upgrade. This new clutch is awesome and all of the supporting components I replaced made it that much better!

==07/13/12==

Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable Received & Installed

fde9ac00.jpg

- The OEM ford cable was good but didn't give me the full adjustment I needed... Luckily the Steeda did it with ease and pedal pressure is not much different either.

==07/21/12==

Silver Hash Stripes Added to Passenger Fender

544405_10150969493337849_11087586_n.jpg

- I always wanted these stripes, one of my favorite subtle additions to the Roush as of yet.

==08/04/12==

PCV Delete T-Fitting for Passenger valve cover installed

82f415fe.jpg

-Eliminated the oil spewing all over my engine from the open breather on the passenger valve cover by tying in both valve covers to the catch can.

==08/05/12==

Complete Terminator Gas Tank Received

5639eda5.jpg

-Needed to upgrade from the pathetic GT Tank. Under hard cornering my car would starve of fuel, this rectified that issue with the internal sump and baffling as well as added more capacity to handle more fuel with the twin pump setup!

==08/06/12==

Terminator Gas Tank Installed

7dfa1e24.jpg

Old tank out

2bb6ba03.jpg

New tank v. old tank

5af25477.jpg

76b62e44.jpg

- Installed the tank, only ran into a couple of problems. Capped off one Evap line to the filler neck, and had to create my own hose to connect the Evap line from the front of the tank to the over axle connection. Also replaced the fuel filler neck grommet and now have a working fuel gauge!

==08/10/12==

Moroso Hood Pins Test Fitted onto Stock Hood

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

-The new hood arrives on Monday and I wanted to make sure I got it down to a science, came out pretty damn good IMO. Only thing I need to do is add a spacer to one side of the hood since I removed the bumpstops (where I placed the pins) and also order longer lanyards because the one's in the kit were too short to even make it under the hood....

==08/14/12==

Steeda Q400 Hood Received and Longer Lanyards Received.

A4B07FC2-7500-4E1C-B0B4-46C9ABEFB1C8-11251-0000084C5DEAE567.jpg

43DA152F-4E56-4BB3-AC06-D1C2C74C5548-11251-0000084C61EC5678.jpg

B3640951-C4F5-4EC5-B670-713C422973AA-11251-0000084C6486BB60.jpg

191349_332466223509402_2076741171_o.jpg

-Test fitted and drilled the holes for the Steeda Q400 hood. Paint to come soon!

==08/15/12==

HIDmasters Foglight Ballasts Mounted to Headlight Panel

IMG_3292.jpg

-Wanted to keep the HID install clean and uncluttered so I mounted the HID ballasts to the underside of the headlight panel.

==08/23/12==

Autometer Arctic White Oil Pressure Gauge Received

94E8E603-5255-4503-B2C2-2428844806E0-3807-000002E4CA88623F.jpg

-Received the new oil pressure gauge, I have an idea I'm wanting to run with on this one.

==08/24/12==

Roush White Faced Gauge Cluster Received

815012CA-0C81-4B29-A0E5-14BBE8D950B6-3807-000002E4D6892579.jpg

-Part two of my idea received. Stay tuned!

==08/30/12==

Sponsorship Vinyls from PRP Vinyl received and applied.

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

-Finally received the new vinyls for my sponsorships with HIDmasters, Ortiz Performance, SN95Source, and of course BTM AutoSport

Also Received my AutoMeter Tach Adapter

IMG_3388.jpg

-Needed this little box to eliminate the random flashing of my shift light. Works to perfection!

==09/01/12==

Wicked Motorsports Rear Diffuser Ordered

IMG_3402.jpg

-Ordered the only functional rear diffuser kit out there for the 94-04 mustangs!

==09/05/12==

Steeda Q400 Hood Painted and Reinstalled

8716F6E1-265B-4635-8C0C-47642B3A08B8-8889-0000050E38142C73.jpg

-Got my hood back from Collisions Plus in Escondido, they did a phenomenal job with paint matching the hood!

==09/06/12==

Wicked Motorsports Rear Diffuser Received and Installed

IMG_3451.jpg

265286_341560812599943_139611975_o.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

-Installed the diffuser, install was relatively simple. Looks great and the function is even better!

==09/08/12==

Roush Gauge Cluster Modifications Completed

41802F23-900E-424E-B0AD-9D5D5128F11E-14577-00000975767DD047.jpg

Sent my gauge cluster to Bryan (Det_Riot) to install the working oil pressure gauge in the cluster. Looks amazing and cannot wait to install it!

==09/27/12==

Installed MOMO Hub, NRG Quick Release, and OMP Steering Wheel

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.png

008.png

009.png

010.png

-Finally decided to upgrade the steering wheel to make heel toe shifts easier and a quick release to get out of the car simpler.

Edited by iRoush

==02/20/13==

Front End Alignment Completed!

B164845E-7C19-4CBC-A0A0-C7085F71455D-3494-00000468977EA17D.jpg

752A4E01-20F4-493A-BC14-C3F679DA7760-3494-00000468A4A00E9F.jpg

07760088-7DA4-4BE2-8C8B-E80020AD8801-3494-00000468AE676D07.jpg

-Thanks to George at Alignment Plus in San Marcos! Dialed my car in perfectly for autocross.

==02/23/13==

Odyssey PC280, HD280, and SAE Terminals Received and Installed!

4BC721DB-5D96-4694-A4C9-DC4F47AD54DF-5798-0000078C344E5A96.jpg

57DA5B0C-F223-473B-BD0E-BD85252F9F18-751-0000013FFED86146.jpg

E2A6660B-5E86-40BA-AF0F-EED684940E8E-751-0000014003523D19.jpg

672CC532-601B-4BC0-AB24-E37FE2F47BC6-751-0000014006954955.jpg

5592F952-4AA9-46AE-AA42-7FB334E7AD53-751-0000014009CC1C7C.jpg

-Replaced the OEM battery with a lightweight racing battery. Saves 25lbs off the front end.

==03/04/13==

Roush Bumper Repair

861173_417645604991463_387096435_o.jpg

883015_417645608324796_1311989604_o.jpg

859887_417645644991459_1849340727_o.jpg

-The front bumper took a beating at the Auto-X on 3/3. Had to zip tie it back up for the time being!

==03/17/13==

Weight Reduction Started

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

-So far have pulled a total weight of 385lbs out of the car!

==03/25/13==

Custom HVAC Panel Delete Made and AFR Gauge moved to HVAC

529057_426908324065191_959090799_n.jpg

-Needed to delete the a-pillar pod as it was becoming an obstruction of view at the track.

==03/26/13==

COT Wing and COT Front Splitter Received!

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

downforce.png

IMG_4128.jpg

[imig]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz336/iRoush/1999%20Roush%20Stage%20II/COT%20Wing/IMG_4136.jpg

-Huge thank you to Roush Yates Performance Parts for supplying me with one of their retired COT Wings and splitter!

==03/31/13==

Custom Air Bag Delete Panel Made

885238_429442157145141_1519331043_o.jpg

885048_429442160478474_408883340_o.jpg

-Figured I didn't want to spend the $70 at Florida 5.0 for a new panel so I took the old airbag and some velcro and made my own delete!

==04/02/13==

COT Front Splitter Mounted

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

-Mounted the Front Splitter, still need to make dive planes and order a set of splitter rods!

==04/06/13==

Custom Wing Uprights made for the COT Wing

408026_431885070234183_799586718_n.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

-Made taller uprights for the COT wing to put it in the air flow. Just need to get the feet welded!

==04/07/13==

COT Wing Mounting Feet Welded

903A4366-6A59-4804-B6A1-CCBF5CF57D4E-12107-00000E199D0919A6.jpg

B009BA8C-3F9B-4074-B2E5-D10D9BC13F81-12107-00000E19A4693C98.jpg

DDB8F509-C917-462B-8029-9557A0C65E2A-12107-00000E19AE80277A.jpg

843982FF-9397-44A1-8064-AD7D3D5FB9A0-12107-00000E19B1F29031.jpg

B866614E-15F4-409A-BD11-2C576BB0FB53-12107-00000E19B4EBCDDC.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

-Thanks to the Big Meanie for welding up the fins!

==04/08/13==

Mounting Feet installed

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

-Mounted the Feet to the trunk!

==04/09/13==

COT Wing Uprights and Feet Painted and Installed!

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

-COT Wing is mounted up and looking good!

==04/12/13==

New Florida 5.0 Radio Delete Panel Received & Installed!

IMG_4250.jpg

-Installed another Florida5.0 radio delete in the lower slot. cleans up the dash ten fold!

==04/20/13==

ABS Plastic Splitter Dive Planes Fabricated

Splitter.jpg

-Had to fabricate Dive Planes to extend the splitter back.

==05/04/13==

A/C and Cruise Control System Removed

D9B2C65F-FD41-4689-BC8A-64CD07BCEECC-2555-00000303BF4B0892.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4343.jpg

IMG_4344.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

-Shedding more weight out of the Roush by removing the A/C system!

==05/11/13==

A/C Pulley Installed

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

-Finally eliminated the A/C and added on the pulley!

==05/19/13==

Steeda Q400 Hood Vents Opened

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

-Wanted to induce more cooling and this was the quickest and easiest way!

==05/29/13==

MAC Catted H-Pipe Installed

IMG_4404.jpg

-Had to quiet down the exhaust for San Diego Regions SCCA Auto-X.

==05/30/13==

Paint Matched Cold Air Induction Headlight Installed

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

-Trying to reduce the AIT by adding in a cold air induction headlight.

==06/10/13==

'00 Cobra R Steering Rack w/ Maximum Motorsports Aluminum Solid Bushings

IMG_4471.jpg

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

-Broke the OE steering rack at the June Autocross so I replaced it with the rare '00R Rack with some MM bushings!

==06/27/13==

OEM A-Arms removed and Maximum Motorsports A-Arms, Maximum Motorsports Sway Bar Endlinks, Maximum Motorsports Swaybar Bushings, Steeda G-Trac Brace, and Timken Hub installed!

994165_461167083972648_1178983430_n.jpg

415004_461167080639315_1232737414_o.jpg

1014506_461167087305981_1998635888_o.jpg

1025609_464070797015610_475764385_o.jpg

1025434_464070790348944_895048103_o.jpg

1015106_464553933633963_411423516_o.jpg

1049200_464554010300622_1344984281_o.jpg

1016210_464900570265966_390931589_n.jpg

1053460_464974846925205_976941696_o.jpg

1026099_464974836925206_1652232700_o.jpg

1048648_464974916925198_733899796_o.jpg

1065093_467374003351956_793288453_o.jpg

1052272_467373990018624_91227005_o.jpg

1011844_467374000018623_1229385578_n.jpg

1043970_467743903314966_1229945022_n.jpg

-Polishing up the front end, we're maxxing out our suspension for SM within all rules!

==06/28/13==

Alignment done at Alignment Plus!

1048508_467748183314538_64248157_o.jpg

Specs are as follows:

Camber: 2 7/8" (Maxxed Out)

Caster: 7 3/4" (Maxxed Out)

Toe: 1/16" Out

==07/04/13==

Adjustable Wing Struts Added

1000772_470314039724619_2114894715_n.jpg

944484_470587866363903_2138745006_n.jpg

-Wanted more angle for autocross this definitely provides!

==07/06/13==

Original 2000 Cobra R Wheels Picked up and Rear Fenders Rolled

616200_471243516298338_1043017680_o.jpg

-18x9.5" wheels for our new R-Comps that are on order!

946246_471243522965004_1112356419_n.jpg

-Rolled our rear fenders thanks to our Sponsor, HIDmasters for the use of their fender roller!

==07/08/13==

More Vinyls added thanks to our sponsor PRP Vinyl!

741182_472310842858272_913494857_o.jpg

1069259_472310839524939_793850_n.jpg

1064017_472310836191606_1026479940_o.jpg

==07/11/13==

Maximum Motorsports Rear Coilover Kit, Front Coils (350#), and grooved rear shocks received and installed!

480447_472315016191188_860111361_n.jpg

1069235_473237486098941_102419197_n.jpg

993295_473237559432267_1411695928_n.jpg

1001877_473658089390214_1324042479_n.jpg

-Had to up our spring rates to counteract our new r-comps!

==07/13/13==

BF Goodrich R1's 285/30/18 (4) Received and Installed and Front Fenders Rolled/Pulled!

580234_473237509432272_356544085_n.jpg

1014409_473106736112016_1683782483_n.jpg

1053093_473237469432276_1307763355_o.jpg

1072635_473237482765608_774615445_o.jpg

1052194_473237516098938_1991917238_o.jpg

971525_474497085972981_117293595_n.jpg

1074641_474497089306314_883654746_o.jpg

1012204_474497092639647_227842492_n.jpg

1074608_474497122639644_1575408309_o.jpg

-We're ready for our upcoming Champ event, fat tires and tire clearance. Can't wait!

==08/11/13==

Fays2 Watts Link and BTM AutoSport Custom Offset 3-Link Installed

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

IMG_4754.jpg

-Finally tied in the rear suspension to really get the car under control!

==08/14/13==

UCA Battle Box Installed

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

-Installed the UCA Battle box to support the load of the Offset 3-Link

==09/12/13==

Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge Sender Wired In and Installed

1174623_503808853041804_1547488709_n.jpg

1186730_506132576142765_1140821966_n.jpg

551127_504255342997155_1731496298_n.jpg

-Finally wired in the Autometer gauge so we can monitor oil pressure!

==10/13/13==

BTM AutoSport Splitter V2 Started

1385120_518921681530521_1330662380_n.jpg

557093_518921688197187_2121299474_n.jpg

1380691_518921734863849_1573047080_n.jpg

1385761_518921684863854_968452136_n.jpg

1186231_518921721530517_616759203_n.jpg

1384291_518921738197182_1226547801_n.jpg

1417626_526365937452762_543631855_o.jpg

1401313_526365944119428_802400987_o.jpg

562313_526365977452758_1117077460_n.jpg

1398102_526365994119423_23941879_o.jpg

1399124_526366030786086_214016825_o.jpg

922381_526930440729645_302209377_o.jpg

886452_526930437396312_575232630_o.jpg

1421231_526930434062979_458324725_o.jpg

1401474_526930507396305_390540724_o.jpg

1398120_526930524062970_288130917_o.jpg

1421045_526930544062968_1625123351_o.jpg

1402085_526930557396300_1654387583_o.jpg

-Started working on a new version of our first splitter. We wanted something extended as far back as possible to be more effective!

==11/02/13==

BTM AutoSport Splitter Project V2 Completed and FTR Towhook Installed

1412489_530277273728295_1439878466_o.jpg

998536_530277283728294_837183488_n.jpg

1397223_530277287061627_681569543_o.jpg

1395199_530277320394957_1324864892_n.jpg

1294574_530277357061620_1087044840_o.jpg

1381374_530277360394953_704689374_n.jpg

1410750_530277370394952_440524845_o.jpg

1390631_530277410394948_193348999_n.jpg

-Splitter V2 completed! Looks and functions great, also installed our Fully Torqued Racing Custom Tow Hook!

==11/09/13==

Battle Box Braces Welded

1456684_534043046685051_627507822_n.jpg

1394449_534043023351720_1703010583_n.jpg

1470201_534043003351722_609794833_n.jpg

969398_534042980018391_529991224_n.jpg

-Had to weld our upper torque boxes up to handle our PM3L!

==11/25/13==

Maximum Motorsports MMSTB-8 Strut Tower Brace Installed

1399512_541555072600515_884780896_o.jpg

1398556_541555075933848_1539990621_o.jpg

1397316_541555069267182_1063128337_o.jpg

1404601_541555119267177_936213432_o.jpg

1398121_541555162600506_972493854_o.jpg

1410922_541555159267173_683057960_o.jpg

-After receiving some convincing information in regards to Strut Tower Braces, we decided it was time to add one to our setup!

==11/26/13==

Maximum Motorsports MMRLCA-31.3 Lower Control Arms & 2000 Cobra R Radio Delete Received

1483441_541556505933705_752728296_n.jpg

1410833_541556502600372_1395791287_o.jpg

1468790_541556509267038_1970645340_n.jpg

1424445_541557352600287_1936879879_n.jpg

-In preparation for 2014, we picked these up!

==12/01/13==

SCF Carbon Fiber Wiper Cowl Installed

1471757_542533855835970_155180483_n.jpg

1466073_542533849169304_417700402_n.jpg

1453495_542533852502637_2102696019_n.jpg

1403607_542533915835964_677812965_o.jpg

1404494_542533945835961_862830774_o.jpg

1463679_542533949169294_1580741781_n.jpg

1480547_542533972502625_1488427677_n.jpg

995567_542533999169289_1846830451_n.jpg

1401999_542534029169286_884602847_o.jpg

861309_542534035835952_1606632835_o.jpg

1403618_542534052502617_1710725751_o.jpg

1402346_542534075835948_228468696_o.jpg

1424347_542534105835945_548277165_n.jpg

1460035_544313572324665_233713784_n.jpg

1400569_544313565657999_427859274_o.jpg

-After cracking our old plastic cover we figured we needed a nice upgrade!

Edited by iRoush

==02/21/14==

Maximum Motorsports K-Member Received

kmember.jpg

-MM K-Member Received! Finally upgrading from the stock kmember since we're moving to C-Prepared!

==02/25/14==

Kenny Brown Jacking Rails Received

jackingrails.jpg

-Finally received my new jacking rails to stop deformation of the subframes and add to the overall rigidity of the chassis! Makes jacking the car up a breeze!

==03/13/14==

Center Console Removed and Foglights Rewired

foglight.jpg

-Started eliminating more weight from the interior starting with the center console and shifter bezel. Rewired the HIDmasters Fogs to the switch panel!

==03/14/14==

Kenny Brown Jacking Rails Installed

jackingrails2.jpg

jackingrails3.jpg

jackingrails1.jpg

-Huge thanks to the Big Meanie for welding up the new pinch weld braces!

==03/22/14==

BTM AutoSport Racing Seat Arrived and Installed!

racingseat4.jpg

seatrails.jpg

racingseat1.jpg

racingseat2.jpg

racingseat3.jpg

racingseat5.jpg

racingseat6.jpg

-Our custom built racing seat from Bimarco Poland has arrived! Money well spent for some more buttgrip!

==03/25/14==

Kenny Brown Anti-Squat Brackets Installed!

antisquatbrackets.jpg

antisquatbrackets1.jpg

antisquatbrackets2.jpg

antisquatbrackets3.jpg

antisquatbrackets4.jpg

antisquatbrackets5.jpg

antisquatbrackets6.jpg

-Finally correcting the incorrect Rear LCA angle that is caused by a lowered car.Getting the angle of the LCA slightly pointed downward from chassis to axle at a static level is optimal!

==03/28/14==

Maximum Motorsports MM3 Coilover Suspension Received and Installed!

mm3.jpg

mm3-1.jpg

mm3-2.jpg

mm3-3.jpg

mm3-4.jpg

mm3-5.jpg

mm3-6.jpg

mm3-7.jpg

mm3-8.jpg

mm3-9.jpg

MM3-10.jpg

mm3-11.jpg

mm3-12.jpg

mm3-13.jpg

mm3-14.jpg

mm3-15.jpg

mm3-16.jpg

-Huge thank you to our newest sponsor Maximum Motorsports for sending us out a custom set of MM3's for us to run autocross with!

==04/03/14==

30mm Ford Front Sway Bar Installed

swaybar.jpg

swaybar2.jpg

swaybar3.jpg

swaybar4.jpg

swaybar5.jpg

swaybar6.jpg

-Thanks to our sponsor Mustang Morgue for shipping us out this new 30mm swaybar! We decided to paint match it DGS for an extra touch!

==04/20/14==

CP Trunk Picked up from Junkyard

1957645_618669924889029_4244169339759092

1782566_618669928222362_7912134584326646

10265324_618669918222363_883319873136692

-Decided it was time to ditch the COT wing so we are C-Prepared class legal! The COT wing will be kept for running time attack events eventually, we picked up this perfect donor trunk for cheap at the JY!

==04/29/14==

CP Trunk Painted!

10308362_623710001051688_233527464726783

10010214_623710007718354_499782519278936

1010865_623710004385021_6354861420479273

-Paint by our friends over at MelissaDrifts! Thanks to Melissa and Chris for the awesome work!

==05/15/14==

10 Factory 31-Spline Rear Axles Received!

1493150_631409336948421_2494454525735208

-Starting the 31-Spline Build up!

==05/22/14==

Rear Axle Removed

10289798_635237623232259_696329465322017

10409395_635237649898923_663292171130689

10417601_639984762757545_129473808167884

10401889_639985206090834_236381689300108

10277110_639985356090819_106678420554424

10474277_646522375437117_846318302033440

-After blowing the rear axle up at the SD National Tour, it was time for disassembly and shipping off to our friend Bobby @ WMD Fabrication!

==05/23/14==

Torsen T2-R Received

10345996_635874643168557_589957055649440

10363943_635874593168562_521850924293263

10409162_635874613168560_317129891974589

10152478_635874626501892_239529097197965

-The King of the differentials has arrived! The new Torsen T2-R will provide us with that much needed edge over our competition!

==05/25/14==

Rear Axle Delivered to WMD Fabrication!

10366207_636845549738133_325545002023300

-Time for the tear down and rebuild!

==05/27/14==

Aerocatch Latches Received and installed!

10394582_637959286293426_314903167402434

10373741_637959299626758_676092743300355

10291150_637959316293423_177349349438039

10411866_637959332960088_863991476095261

1978807_637959352960086_3279001248317789

10325317_638983962857625_869825816121646

1512594_638983982857623_6157554814170518

10375092_638984002857621_727560514162599

-Needed something to keep the trunk from flying up and didn't want anything that would disturb airflow, so went with the aerocatch latches!

==06/14/14==

Built Rear Axle Received!

10418155_647163012039720_885517075243230

10444571_647163042039717_914586014016614

10438326_647163145373040_395446038651102

10322719_647163318706356_367630988379003

12365_647163502039671_910867659066463355

10403008_647163715372983_798924980984358

==06/17/14==

Fully Torqued Racing "Working Man's" 14" Brake Kit Installed!

10474226_648711705218184_817097921559907

1604808_648711815218173_2006022789632979

10309195_648711858551502_725431940827088

10309526_649908391765182_548850747516772

-Let's be real. The 13" Roush PBR's (Rebadged Cobra's) can't cut it when it comes to Hoosier Slicks. This brought the car perfectly back under braking control right at the maximum threshold!

==06/26/14==

Maximum Motorsports Tubular K-Member Install Begins!

10516848_653553191400702_753540414509818

10341586_653553214734033_350060199243828

10502140_653553234734031_699590373375078

10407587_653553284734026_289822115652569

10513491_653553321400689_764045743951309

10511279_653553348067353_240544659965477

10378209_653553398067348_813077878420068

10511172_653553431400678_634929404258432

10478159_653553464734008_677501762959103

10480212_653553498067338_294665736158690

10177238_653553574733997_146398478696183

10456813_653553604733994_529706385378839

-It was about time that we brought the heat to our competition a little bit more. Say hello to faster times and better suspension geometry!

==06/28/14==

Polyurethane Motor Mounts Received and K-Member/Mounts Installed!

10341641_654606727962015_686234437542056

10434220_654606794628675_558916934854645

603632_654606851295336_79386593839669486

10432991_654606887961999_700550460543440

10516874_654606921295329_750086000970517

-Our OEM rubber mounts ripped themselves apart and we figured this would be a great time to upgrade! Got both the k-member and mounts in!

==07/01/14==

Care package from Maximum Motorsports Received and installed!

10481685_656202941135727_112989713120378

10411039_656202974469057_244579243893921

10491984_656203071135714_840561267042498

10530735_656203041135717_160314136738384

-MM Steering Shaft, Rack Bushings, Swaybar Relocation, Bumpsteer upgrade kit, and swaybar bushings received and installed!

==07/03/14==

MM K-Member Install Completed & Alignment Adjusted!

10491092_660856427337045_918112232167141

10417678_660856524003702_553381423353227

10523910_660856634003691_254280084490978

10516888_660856474003707_106842919085782

10454308_660856837337004_679302848065214

10457598_660856780670343_369001989110829

10301590_660856907336997_129468057196681

-Final Alignment is complete! Car handles superbly!

==07/16/14==

Fays2 Watts Link Welds Unzipped!

10533258_664269493662405_234350509682198

10432113_664269496995738_759681090639967

10446704_666301836792504_152076480630149

994125_666301856792502_37315073428413642

10352278_666301883459166_319180054550859

10463075_666301910125830_493092453011732

10464386_666301960125825_463116639009465

-Well this is the end of the Fays2 WL era. We have given this piece to our welder and moved on to bigger and better Watts Links!

==07/16/14==

Maier Racing Spoiler Received and Installed!

10565129_664273773661977_538328199716185

10547688_664273903661964_456649648291073

10547456_664273843661970_755899596711337

10463063_664273803661974_164520957901486

-Got a deal on the Maier Spoiler that we could not refuse! Picked it up and couldn't be happier! Now we have a CP legal rear spoiler for downforce!

==07/20/14==

Fully Torqued Racing Watts Link Prototype Received and Installed & Lower Battle Box Reinforcements Welded In!

10530753_666299783459376_665570689059289

10551087_666299803459374_736711315554699

936052_666299886792699_98255420558797742

10352896_666299903459364_531217820949389

10468371_666299923459362_252772077505389

67706_666299963459358_438805849764515687

10565223_666299993459355_329545447678015

10517530_666300006792687_648848217199750

10346522_666300033459351_776137692066242

10533032_666300056792682_201570895371634

10366261_666300123459342_611264645070220

10513446_666300183459336_758166193538079

10511074_666300230125998_167876403987963

10494759_666300250125996_701221875910815

10421635_666302566792431_109926174071968

10488235_666302640125757_139892700680630

10570486_666302603459094_731697646425082

1497538_666302656792422_7601786079586116

10390966_666303116792376_805982297842601

936058_666303156792372_12573561004026634

-With the demise of the Fays2 Watts, it was time to go fully torqued and get a NASCAR developed Watts Link! Absolutely in love with this design! We also welded up the lower boxes after some stress started showing. Thank you to the Big Meanie as always!

==07/20/14==

Stock T45 Transmission Grenaded 3rd Gear...

10527704_667358410020180_291739246169809

1912332_667358443353510_9434909239753987

10532506_667358463353508_825459775603310

994438_667358480020173_46200902423248990

1908395_667358513353503_5429683129144646

-Wish we had a great story about how this blew up... unfortunately we don't. Just cruising home from our welders shop and the transmission grenaded once the clutch engaged in 3rd on a smooth shift.

==07/25/14==

Fully Torqued Racing Spoiler Rods Installed

10540381_668782506544437_553318206352019

10475682_668782523211102_612830028655485

10559779_668782546544433_921446723411445

10393939_668782559877765_177718840271227

-We've been Fully Torqued by FTR! Needed something to keep the rear spoiler from flexing as well as adding angle and FTR delivered!

man your build thread makes me envious off the attention to detail you have on your car! There are SO MANY little things wrong with my car that bug the crapola out of me!

man your build thread makes me envious off the attention to detail you have on your car! There are SO MANY little things wrong with my car that bug the crapola out of me!

Thanks man! now that I got the hard part out of the way (the engine) I can focus on the finer details =]

Catch can looks great! Are you planning on putting gauges in the radio delete panel or leaving it as is?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Catch can looks great! Are you planning on putting gauges in the radio delete panel or leaving it as is?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

eventually some switches will go there... not saying for what :look:

oh and my clutch just ate shit today. It only engages at the very top of the clutch throw...

Awesome! I see some pictuers are "RED X" and can't see sh*t. Question! Is that OEM color or did you get it painted. It is the only one I have seen as such.

The car is Dark Green Satin an oem paint color in 98 and 99.

I really need to update this thread... lol