iRoush

Project: e85 Torpedo

I'm not so sure that diffuser is very functional. If you look at most of the race cars, diffuser is usually the last thing you would see on the car from the back, most of the time extending past the rear bumper. The reason for that is that it has to direct all the air from under the car, so that it does not go anywhere else other than outside through the back. This creates faster moving air under it, and generates downforce. The problem I see with your setup is that you do not expose the diffuser enough. Now, lets say you keep the blades, but create a fiberglass sheet that covers seals the entire underside of the rear. I'm talking about starting in front of the fuel tank, and up into fender wells, and taking it back and connecting to the rear of the bumper. Make sure that the entire area is sealed in. Then I would get rid of this part of the bumper all together, just to allow the air to escape. I think that just getting rid of that alone will actually make the diffuser work much better. You have ground effects, which make covering the fuel tank with flat sheet a LOT easier.

soafx5.jpg

EDIT: Just for reference, here is DBR9

2005-aston-martin-dbr9-rear-angle-view.jpg

2005-aston-martin-dbr9-rear-view.jpg

2005-aston-martin-dbr9-side-view.jpg

Edited by ReplicaR

If you look at how the diffuser mounts on the underside you'll see that it directs The air from under the tank to the outside of the rear bumper. the winglets are even with the end of the rear bumper allowing it to get out of the back at a high velocity. Is it the optimal design? probably not, but it definitely makes a difference that can be felt, the car squats a lot more at high speed than before.

Remove 4 screws. Take the top portion off. Tilt wheel down and rotate bottom while pulling the bottom. @ jermy

Sent by smoke signals

More or less this.

4 Screws, place pick in the 5th hole on the underside of the column. and turn the key to run and pull the ignition switch assembly out. should make it easier to pop off the column covers.

I love your car. Have you thought about a Steeda Race Wing? Would look SEXY on your car!! There's a new edge GT that rolls around here (that I want to take pictures of) that has the wing and look sick.

Don't need it, that's why I put the Rear Diffuser on. Keeping it all original Roush body parts. The amount of downforce that the rear diffuser supplies by creating a suction is phenomenal at high speed.

Did you post a picture of the steering wheel because I don't see anything but I want to!

last post of 2012 sir ;)

010.png

Where did you get the diffuser? Got any close up pics of it? Or is this classified intel haha?

Classified intel, it's made from the same material the F-35 JSF is composed of :cool2:

it's a Wicked Motorsports Diffuser. as far as the design goes, for the sake of his craftsmanship I'm not going to post how it looks/mounts.

I was not able to find a website for that company to see if they sold them for the 94-98 SN95 bodystyles. Do you know of the URL or are they only on Facebook?

www.teamwicked.net

The way it mounts will work with 94-04. Rob Combs runs it, email him and he'll get you all the info you need.

Classified intel, it's made from the same material the F-35 JSF is composed of :cool2:

it's a Wicked Motorsports Diffuser. as far as the design goes, for the sake of his craftsmanship I'm not going to post how it looks/mounts.

Brett, you do realize you have these pics on the first page of your thread.. right? lol

so dude...what has been done to rear suspension? What do you plan on doing?

just the roush stuff. that's all this car needs. now I'm working on aero, weight reduction, and tires.

doesn't really show you exactly how it works...

are there more parts than what your thread is showing then? from what i understand about diffusers theyre pretty simple and it looks like what you got posted should really be all you need. but please, enlighten me on this one :)

get out of afghanifagistan

By August...and hopefully with new many things ;)

In two months you and I need to talk about mods. I will be in Northern California (Eureka)

Damn this things bad ass ... You've added a ton of new additions man . It's cool to see all the weight you've taken out too

thanks man, one thing I'm bummed about is I didn't check the a-arm savings or the rear coilovers :( So that's all a guestimation based upon what maximum motorsports says.. regardless, the car's handling is ridiculous, i just need to locate the rear axle correctly and this thing will be untouchable in SM.