RockinHrse_98

Which Cold Air Intake and Plenum???

Alright, big show this weekend and was under the hood of the Stang cleanin up a bit. Right now I have a K&N CAI and stock Roush Plenum and Stock Ford TB. Earlier this summer I picked up a C&L Plenum, C&L aluminum elbow, C&L MAF housing, and a white Spectre filter. I was thinking about Painting all the C&L stuff a burnt copper color and putting it on instead of the K&N but I sort of hate to change everything, I already like it pretty good. Just wanted some opinions. Any input is appreciated

NOW:

100_4005_zpsb4d2173b.jpg

100_4006_zps27d69822.jpg

100_4013_zps7b6aaf61.jpg

C&L Mockup

100_4008_zps8eb51490.jpg

100_4009_zpsfd5e101a.jpg

100_4011_zps34574977.jpg

Example of the color I was thinking of

528713_432519136786901_2114661244_n_zpsee79155e.jpg

Thanks for the input. Wasn't really looking at the performance aspect of it rather than aesthetics. I already have the C&L stuff plus another BBK plenum. I like the clean, closer to stock appearance of the K&N. I dont like the looks of that cast aluminum C&L but I just saw that burnt copper paint today and man is it nice, but I think it might look ricerish. Wish I could put the other 75mm TB on the Roush plenum though.

if im not mistaken the roush piece is a name-plated polished stock. with that said i know the stock is always outperform unless its ported. the C&L plenum should add a little oomph but not much. between the 2 tubings, the K&N may fair better since it doesnt have a nitrous bung and its ABS plastic.

if im not mistaken the roush piece is a name-plated polished stock. with that said i know the stock is always outperform unless its ported. the C&L plenum should add a little oomph but not much. between the 2 tubings, the K&N may fair better since it doesnt have a nitrous bung and its ABS plastic.

This is correct. The only intakes Roush made from 94-98 where the 3 pc for the 5.0L and the one that had an Eaton tucked under it.

I vote painting and swapping to the C&L.

Yep. I dont really know where it came from. I just found the plenum for like $5 and put it on the car because the old one looked like crap haha. The K&N has a Nitrous bung too, its just hidden

the K&N looks much cleaner to me just my 2cents

Agreed. Almost looks like a factory piece.

I redid my MAF, plenum and TB in a bright silver then did the CAI in red. Very happy with the way it turned out.

Looks good man! I just didn't want to do the body matched color.

This is correct. The only intakes Roush made from 94-98 where the 3 pc for the 5.0L and the one that had an Eaton tucked under it.

I vote painting and swapping to the C&L.

Might do it man

Edited by RockinHrse_98

Thanks for the input. Wasn't really looking at the performance aspect of it rather than aesthetics. I already have the C&L stuff plus another BBK plenum. I like the clean, closer to stock appearance of the K&N. I dont like the looks of that cast aluminum C&L but I just saw that burnt copper paint today and man is it nice, but I think it might look ricerish. Wish I could put the other 75mm TB on the Roush plenum though.

Just keep your current setup and sell the C&L stuff, spend your money elsewhere man. :)

If i were you i would also redo the plug wires. They're a little all over the place.

Agreed. It looks like crap but I dont have one of that bracket that goes over the alternator and cant find one anywhere. Any ideas?

K&N looks better but I'd sell both. Buy a JLT and a good plenum and call it a day.

That thing does look good. Might look into that.

Just keep your current setup and sell the C&L stuff, spend your money elsewhere man. :)

Think I'm gonna do that for the time being. Like I said, it's more of an aesthetics thing since I had both already.

i also say sell that thing and get a JLT intake and an accufab TB/plenum. if not then at least put that C&L on there but clean it up. Not sure if i like that burnt orange color with the car being red. too close that i think it will clash.

Hey joekd, Where'd you get those wire looms?

Ebay, just search by billet wire separators then sort by price lowest and they are jut over $10, I bought them grey, wiped off the logo with rubbing alcohol then painted them. The ones on the alt I simply drilled the bottom piece to run a nut/bolt holding them to the bracket.