ttocs

Discuss your brake setup and ask questions to get answers.

I was happy to see the post brian made for pics of different brake set ups as I have started to look around. I

was a little disappointed that we can't discuss or ask questions about peoples set ups as I can do a bing photo search to see pics. To honor his request I opened this to be able to ask the questions we have and get the answers we need/want.

At this point with what I have in the suspension and what I will have in the paint/stereo that it would not maek a whole lotta sence now to cheap out. Don't mind saving for as long as I need to in orger to get what I want.

I am dying to know what the high-end willwood or brembo's go for? Where did you get yours from?

Fixed title

What are you looking to do with the car as far as the brakes go? Do you plan on just cruising it or are you trying to race it where the braking power is going to be necessary?

I bought my Brembo of a racer, who went to something different. Ended up costing me 550 dollars, plus some shipping, but came with two sets of rotors, and a set of track pads (PFC-01, pretty expensive). I just had to clean up the finish a little when I got it. I really like the setup, and feel as if braking at triple digits is better over the Cobra kit I've had before that. The most difficult part is pushing the pistons back inside when you are doing a pad swap. It's kinda annoying, but not something that's a deal breaker by any means. It would be very simple with a tool, but I just use an old pad and a pry bar, works just as well. One of the biggest benefits of the Brembo kit over the PBR Cobra or C5 caliper, is that the pad goes down all the way to the hub, and therefore increases sweep area. And having 4 pistons is nice too.

• Moderators

Hopefully this thread is a better place to ask my questions haha. I was considering running EBC USR rotors and Redstuff 3000 pads on my 95 GT, but now am debating that combo or Raybestos R300 rotors and Porterfield pads. Has anyone run EBC rotors/pads on their Mustang? I know they get great reviews from the Euro crowd (ran them on my 3 series). This is just a normal street car for now, so I guess it's more about looks than anything... but I will eventually take her to the strip when I rework the motor.

I bought my Brembo of a racer, who went to something different. Ended up costing me 550 dollars, plus some shipping, but came with two sets of rotors, and a set of track pads (PFC-01, pretty expensive). I just had to clean up the finish a little when I got it. I really like the setup, and feel as if braking at triple digits is better over the Cobra kit I've had before that. The most difficult part is pushing the pistons back inside when you are doing a pad swap. It's kinda annoying, but not something that's a deal breaker by any means. It would be very simple with a tool, but I just use an old pad and a pry bar, works just as well. One of the biggest benefits of the Brembo kit over the PBR Cobra or C5 caliper, is that the pad goes down all the way to the hub, and therefore increases sweep area. And having 4 pistons is nice too.

I figured bembro would be more then that, like 2x more then that...

I figured bembro would be more then that, like 2x more then that...

New, if you wait long enough you can find a deal in just about anything. I got my cobra calipers pads and rotors for 225 shipped to my house