MMR

HOW TO: In-dash iPad install video.

I don't personally own an iPad, so I have no way of measuring this, but on out cars I could imagine doing it like this:

post-161-13881836995974_thumb.jpg

Movie the A/C controls down to the "empty room" hole, then cut out the stereo and A/C rooms to form one big room for a tablet.

Maybe with some plastic filler make some nice and smooth edges around the cut outs so it will look more clean.

I can borrow an iPad from a friend tomorrow and see how big it is vs the mustangs dashboard.

sct itsx setup???

That doesn't sound like a bad idear at all! ..Luis @ Ortixperformance can hook you / us up!

Update:

I borrowed a friends iPad 1 (or the very first iPad realeased) today and it was way too big to fit in there. It would have to be a iPad mini to fit in there.

I really didn't like the touch screen option on my stereo to be honest. Going between screens and having to look down for so long, only seconds mind you, left me a couple of times stopping closer and harder then I liked to the person infront of me. At the very least for the basic functions(source, volume, ect). Don't forget you will need an amp.

Those are insanely expensive over here, I don't know about over there.

Here they start at around $1,200 for some shitty ones and can go all the way to $8,000 for the high end ones