joekd

Almost battery time

My battery is slowly but surely dying so I figure t will be time for a new one before the year is done, no idea what year it was actually bought since it was in the car when I got it and no pretty date sticker on it anywhere

Now I know that Optima quality has gone downhill the last couple years so seeing what else everyone is running

Don't need a race battery and my stereo doesn't require anything more then an OEM replacement but also am not going to just drop a plain diehard in there

I go kirkland brand OEM replacement.....yes from Costco. Why? 3yr/150,000mi warranty. They replace it no questions asked. Iget a new one every spring and don't have to worry about it all summer

All of our cars have the costco batteries. My mustang is the only thing that gets new ones because it just sits over the winter and I usually don't pull the battery out of it, just unhook it and let it sit.

I have Duralast in all of our vehicles. No problems yet. The Cobra sits on a battery tender because of a drain.

It's really sad what happened to Optima. The red top in our old Mountaineer was about 11 years old and still started up like it was new. Even after sitting for a couple weeks. The last yellow top I had didn't make it 9 months.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Die hard platinum, it's a rebadged oddisey without the $300+ price. Should run you around $180-$220 depending on coupons and in store deals. 4 years full replacement and 8 years prorated. My mustang killed 2 optimas to the point of no re-charging in a matter of weeks, my diehard didnt skip a beat after a full month leaving it plugged in

Die hard platinum, it's a rebadged oddisey without the $300+ price. Should run you around $180-$220 depending on coupons and in store deals. 4 years full replacement and 8 years prorated.

No offense but I would rather run with my dead battery then buy a diehard. I used to work for Sears Holdings and am very familar with the platinum. It is far from a just "rebadged" Odyssey.

Right now the car has an "Energizer" in it that has been there since I bought it, 95% of the time it sis plugged into the conditioner and is inside an insulated garage so to say the least not subject to normal hot/cold cycles.

I'll just keep my eyes open for something good to replace it and if all else fails prop end up with the Kirkland in there