Jeremy95GT

WTF is this ticking noise? Video Attached

Definitely sounds like it could be a header leak. I'd go through your header bolts and make sure they're all tight. They could of backed out some. Aside from that, are you getting any hesitation or anything or is it just the noise?

Not familiar with Delta Force

I would agree that I am leaning toward it being an exhaust leak. It doesn't take much of a leak to start sounding funky. I'd start by maybe just re-torquing your header bolts, then go from there.

Yea I will check that tomorrow... Just aggravated with this car... Too much money has been put in it for me not to be happy

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

I feel for you man, I've been in that boat with my car more times than I can count. Hang in there.

stick your head under the hood and see if you can see where its comming from its amazing what can happen.

I had a room mate come home one day and mention that he was worried about his semi-new car as it had a rattle. It was wierd as it only did it from 1700=2200 rpms and would stop any other time dead silent. We were going out for a been that night and took his car and he was right. He could rev it while stopped or while driving an in those ranges there was a wierd noise. I asked him if he looked under the hood and he said no. We popped the hood when we arrived and he held the hood up with one hand and started to inspect the motor with his other. This was my fastest engine diagnosis I have ever done, found it as I reached for the hood prop and found it was not snapped into the retaining hook, and you could see on the plastic radiator cover where it had been rattling. snapped it in place and viola it was gone.

stick your head under the hood and see if you can see where its comming from its amazing what can happen.

I had a room mate come home one day and mention that he was worried about his semi-new car as it had a rattle. It was wierd as it only did it from 1700=2200 rpms and would stop any other time dead silent. We were going out for a been that night and took his car and he was right. He could rev it while stopped or while driving an in those ranges there was a wierd noise. I asked him if he looked under the hood and he said no. We popped the hood when we arrived and he held the hood up with one hand and started to inspect the motor with his other. This was my fastest engine diagnosis I have ever done, found it as I reached for the hood prop and found it was not snapped into the retaining hook, and you could see on the plastic radiator cover where it had been rattling. snapped it in place and viola it was gone.

Lol I wish mine was that easy haha... I will do some inspecting today, thanks everyone for the help, its frustrating, but I'm going to stick with this ol girl

When I put my long tubes on, I had to retighten them like 5 times before they "set"

I was told once that a rule of thumb when installing exhausts, especially headers; is that you mount them with the engine cold, then start the engine and let it reach "normal" operating temperture, and then retighten the bolts.

I don't know if that is true or not...

This makes sense. You're supposed to put em on. heat cycle them, retighten, drive like 25 miles, retighten, then drive like 50-100 and retighten again. Or something like that. It's because of how the headers expand and contract in relation to the header bolts I believe.

Anytime a customer comes in with a tsk tsk tsk sound or tapping sound. I check for exhaust leaks by running a little bit of sea foam on the car and seeing if smoke comes out of the headers.

My motor is brand new tho, ain't that stuff not good for new motors?

My motor is brand new tho, ain't that stuff not good for new motors?

Put baby powder around your header flanges then start the car. If any air is leaking out it'll puff out the baby powder....knawmean?

Okay, so I finally got out to the car and looked at my drivers side header where I knew it was comming from, I guess a bolt worked its way out, and was totally missing from the header... Wtf, well I had a backup and put it in and all better...

Thanks everyone for the help and input..