Brian

On3 Customer Service - Taken from SVTP Post

I agree. Crazy that was the owner too. You'd think he'd realize how important it is to treat the people that make his job possible. Very sad.

Edited by Brian

well those two things would push me away. You always hear "stories" about company's but its hard to figure out the ones that are really crap VS the ones were some people like to bitch abut stupid things and say the whole company sucks. But after awhile when enough stories start to pile up there has to be some validity to to them

not for nothing, but if you call me up, being a dick to me... saying that I sold you XYZ bullshit piece. I'm going to snap back at you. The complaintant should have started with, "I bought XXX injectors, and they are not what i received."

I'm siding with On3 with this one.

Not to mention how illegal it is to record a conversation without consent.

Edited by The Mk2

One thing I was thinking the entire time the buyer was talking was he isn't the best communicator and this could be going a different direction but at the same time from a business stand point Chad (Owner of On3) is in the wrong. He was completely unprofessional and became overly aggressive. The buyer made some valid points regarding how On3 says on their site they sell a specific injector yet the injector he received was stamped with On3 not the brand name it should have been, which is false advertising. Also charging someone for the companies mistake of sending the wrong injector is just wrong. Other companies would have said they would pay to have the product shipped back, fixed and shipped to buyer for no charge. I've had it happen to me. It just shows how horribly ran the company is. At the end of the day Chad as the business owner should have had more maturity and he's representing his company incorrectly. Makes him lose business and the buyers are his entire reason for being a business.

not for nothing, but if you call me up, being a dick to me... saying that I sold you XYZ bullshit piece. I'm going to snap back at you. The complaintant should have started with, "I bought XXX injectors, and they are not what i received."

I'm siding with On3 with this one.

Not to mention how illegal it is to record a conversation without consent.

I agree with you on this. I can understand both points of view:

#1 the customer: yes I would be upset for getting something that may be a wrong or miss leading part, but as a customer because we all are customers at one point I would have not started that conversation the way he did. That customer was a total jack off and got the treatment he asked for. Never call a place you want a refund from with a condescending attitude, there's and old saying you get more with honey then you do with vinegar. Now okay I was starting to get up set with the hold time. I would have flipped my wig if that happend to me, I would have addressed that with the guy on the phone and said he I'm a customer complaint you don't treat a complaint that way.

#2 the company: Never make a customer more upset always listen to the customer and let them vent and take notes, the customer will tell you in time as why they are calling and what they are upset about, Now let's put ourself in that owner or managers shoes for just one second, the customer calls and said your price of junk made in china On3 crap, well hold on never take it personal it's just business. You sell a product you stand behind it. Rule number 1 never put a customer complaint on hold NEVER. Now sometimes as the business owner or manager you sometimes have to put your foot down there are unreasonable customers out there, some of there requests are in left field I don't think this customer was being unfair he just wanted a refund that's fair.. Avoid the BBB complaint and possible attorney Genral.

Let me sum this up both in the wrong here. If you ask me if I would do business with that guy HELL NO ! Lol

Now for the recording of the conversation without consent I'm not sure about the laws but I think you could get in trouble for posting it on the Internet like that.. Is that not called slander or defamation ? I think this customer could get in trouble for posting it like that be interesting if that company finds out this is out there like that and see there response.. I know it's not good I mean I get upset when customers go on yelp and don't like my shop for the most stupid reasons like he didn't answer the phone on the 3rd ring lol it's crazy out there no BS

as I recall, its called FRAUD. the on3 company is selling something which its not. that is fraud. it doesnt matter who was right or wrong, he ordered X and got Y. therefore the company is in the wrong.

I dealt with a lot of companies in the past that have had horrible costumer service and it's frustrating to say the least. It almost got to the point to where I wanted to get out of the hobby because I was tired of being dicked around. Costumer service is huge to me even if a company's products are inferior to another company's I'll always go with the company that is easy to get ahold of and will stand behind their products. Chad pulled a dick move with this, imo. Even if he wasn't in the wrong (which I think they were), think about all of the business they lost with this one transaction. Treat your costumers right and they'll return the favor by recommending your company to others. Treat them wrong and, well....

I agree, chad should have made it right...other than being slow he was good with me....even let me return the turbo and wastegate and refunded me after I said I wanted to upgrade to better pieces.

With that said, EVERY SINGLE small business I have dealt with like that sucks....they are usually hard to get a hold of and take forever to do certain things. They just dont have the man power usually.

I dont understand why the buyer didnt notice they were not dekas when he first bought them.

Edited by justinschmidt1

I don't think the buyer knew any better. I believe he thought they were dekas when he first installed them because that's what his invoice said...But after having issues and trouble shooting he learned he wasn't sold what he bought.

I don't think the buyer knew any better. I believe he thought they were dekas when he first installed them because that's what his invoice said...But after having issues and trouble shooting he learned he wasn't sold what he bought.

He knew according svtp......

No it seemed a little shady to me ... I mean recording this takes effort leading me believe there was something deeper

As many have said the customer was being a douche, and according to the SVTP thread it wasn't his first run with him so yeah his hostile and instigating tone he got what he got ..... I personally always expect to get fucked over by every company, so i start my custmer service calls with respect man to man ....i also get to the point, the owner doesnt need to know my sob story. Get to the point!!

From the business side i have 2 angles .....one its a customer and he is the person who puts food on your table make him happy.....but you cant have every joe schmo call you and have one over, esp 6 months down the road

the other side he lied about what he is selling .... and thats fucked up and shady!!!!

Over-all I have heard mixed stories about On3 ...this is the first one I have actually seen some sort of proof ...most of the other stuff was just people repeating what others said when they first came to the scene

Would I order from On3: Yes .....you get what you pay for and always double check your shit to your reciept as soon as you get the box ...open it and inventory