copmagnet

n/a mach 1

Before I get flammed, im stationed on a base and alot of websites are blocked or don't load some days. Corral, modular fords(on some days) etc etc.

Im having a hard time trying to find ways to squeeze power out of my mach 1, right now its getting long tubes, lethal performance x, and the magnaflow catback or whatever was on it when I got it.

What are some other ways I could get power out of it? Cams are stupid expensive plus install price, there doesn't seem to be any better intakes out there. I feel like the only way to get power from these motors are blowers or giggle juice..

Talk to Luis at Ortiz Performance, he is a sponsor on here, About getting a custom tune for the car after you mods are installed. I have never heard any one say anything negative about him. There is a bit of pent up power in the these motors that seem to be easily released with a tune.

Matt

The car already has a tune, and im not so sure its going to squeeze out more then the 330 its already letting out.

You should buy a crazy aftermarket intake and sell me your Bullitt one for cheap. lol... I'm new to the modular world, but I'm going to approach it like I did my 5.0's. longtubes, mid pipe, good flowing mufflers, U/D pulleys, Bigger TB and MAF with a smooth Intake pipe, gears(though it won't net HP, it'll help get the beast moving) in my case, I'm doing a PI swap because they are affordable and worth a few extra HP, then throw on a custom tune, I'm thinking since these cars are very computer controlled, if I up my airflow and go with a slightly bigger injector, if I throw more fuel and air at it with the right tune, if I'll see some added HP.

Also, its not just about power but more about going quicker/faster. I would invest in a tubular front end suspension with 14" 150lb coilovers. Nice weight transfer there. Most people are so focused with horsepower numbers that they forget about suspension as well. There is a member here with bolt ons and suspension running 12s all day long on a GT. It works.

Talk to Luis at Ortiz Performance, he is a sponsor on here, About getting a custom tune for the car after you mods are installed. I have never heard any one say anything negative about him. There is a bit of pent up power in the these motors that seem to be easily released with a tune.

Matt

This^^

I love the tune he made for me! :first:

LUIS IS THE MAN!!!

For he's a jolly good fellow,

For he's a jolly good fellow

And so say all of us,

And so say all of us,

And so

say all of us,

And so say all of us

:drinktothat::usa2:

-'98 cobra intake cams (I say '98 because that is the only year B head cobra cams that use the same cams gear as the 99-04 dohc motors, the 96-97 use a different gears.)

-Longtubes

-O/R midpipe

-4.10s-4.30s

-March fluid damper

-March UD hydorboost pulley

-March UD waterpump pulley

-March UD alternator pulley

-Alum flywheel

-Alum dirveshaft

-K&N filter on stock air intake or go with JLT (no bbk or metal air intakes)

-ported intake, or if you have the extra funds ported short runner intake

Don't bother with swapping out to bigger TB or porting it, doesn't provide any gains on stock longblock 4V. Stock injectors are good for 370ish hp so no need to upgrade injectors either if staying n/a.

I have Mac LT and x pipe jlt intake and a tune, made 338hp. I agree with Luis I did a MM k-member and front and rear control arms with coilovers and I ran a 12.9 at 109mph with tons of room for improvement.

Im getting really bad at keeping up with the forums, I guess that happens when your in training.

Anyways, I decided to say fuck it and just eaton swap it. Im getting the brackets from a guy here shortly and my eaton is being ported right now.

-'98 cobra intake cams (I say '98 because that is the only year B head cobra cams that use the same cams gear as the 99-04 dohc motors, the 96-97 use a different gears.)

-Longtubes

-O/R midpipe

-4.10s-4.30s

-March fluid damper

-March UD hydorboost pulley

-March UD waterpump pulley

-March UD alternator pulley

-Alum flywheel

-Alum dirveshaft

-K&N filter on stock air intake or go with JLT (no bbk or metal air intakes)

-ported intake, or if you have the extra funds ported short runner intake

Don't bother with swapping out to bigger TB or porting it, doesn't provide any gains on stock longblock 4V. Stock injectors are good for 370ish hp so no need to upgrade injectors either if staying n/a.

Great mods^! I'll add a ported short runner intake and intake spacer to the list.

Basically it looks like a gasket, its just half an inch thick...

Made out of aluminum. Todd aka na_svt may be able to find one for you. He did my "B" headed short runner intake and present FR500 intake.

im jealous, I want an fr500 intake so bad..

Check the market sections on the Mustang sites. They do pop up from time to time or get a hold of na_svt. He probably has one or knows where you can find one.

It went to a great cause. I ditched my flows with the SRA and went with a Magnaflow catback. The sound is awesome but I have a notion to get a pair of magnapacks.

I was actually going to buy SRA magnaflows for 300$ friday.. but I get the same exhaust for 100 bucks cheaper, and it looks better? WIN. I'm happy to be getting rid of the flow masters as well. maybe some 4" tips next and a raptor shift light....idk, im on a roll tonight.

Right now im trying to track down a intake spacer.

"Roy" on the Mach One Registry fourm makes them.
I was told he stopped making them?

Just saw a post on another forum where a guy just got a spacer from Roy.

What do they look like? I know people with fancy tools...!

Here is a pic of mine

FR500Spacer1.jpg