joekd

Winter project, underhood clean up

Here it is getting ready for the COP conversion and install of the billet PS tank

While I have it apart also changing belt, radiator hoses (can see new upper in place already) and cleaning and/or repainting a few other pieces

For right now the valve covers are on hold but that could change

winterredo2013.jpg

you IDK how the front accessories end up looking but you should hit the timing cover too with some roll on paint so you don't gotta paint it. I mean everything is off of it already.

you IDK how the front accessories end up looking but you should hit the timing cover too with some roll on paint so you don't gotta paint it. I mean everything is off of it already.

Hit it with the degreaser so it looks much better, as actually debating over pulling it and talked myself out of it

PS tank bracket was absolutely disgusting, soaked it, scrubbed it, soaked it again then hit it with the wire brush before it was ready for paint. Looks all purty now tough. Was planning to cut it up since I don't need the coil pack mount anymore but now thinking it will be a perfect place for an oil catch can

psbracket.jpg

Looks great, the painted coolant tank does wonders for the look. I hate that yellowish white plastic that car manufacturers use for those parts. They always inevitably turn ugly after a few years. I painted my PS pump for that very reason.