fry

Color Matching CAI

Does anyone know somewhere that sells the cold air intakes that come in the colors that match your car? JLT has them and they used to sell bright tangerine ones but I just looked and it seems they stopped selling them. Is there anywhere else that sells them?

Does anyone know somewhere that sells the cold air intakes that come in the colors that match your car? JLT has them and they used to sell bright tangerine ones but I just looked and it seems they stopped selling them. Is there anywhere else that sells them?

JLT should paint match to any color you want. Jay Tucker / JLT are local to me and good friends of my family. I can give him a call and find out for you if you'd like. Wouldn't be until tomorrow sometime though.

JLT should paint match to any color you want. Jay Tucker / JLT are local to me and good friends of my family. I can give him a call and find out for you if you'd like. Wouldn't be until tomorrow sometime though.

I'd appreciate it! I'm not sure what motor I'm putting in my car yet lol, but I know I want a matching one!

Ok I can find out for sure if he is still paint matching to any color (which as far as I remember he does). He just moved into a new shop not to long ago and I've been meaning to go check it out so I'll use this as a reason haha.

Guest mustang_gtchick

JLT does do paint matching to any color, you just have to call in the paint code. If they dont have it, tell them they are Homos for not having a kickass color

Yeah I would definitely not do that.

Liz like I said they do color match to whatever you want and they will get whatever paint you need but I'll double check with Jay tomorrow.

Yeah I would definitely not do that.

Liz like I said they do color match to whatever you want and they will get whatever paint you need but I'll double check with Jay tomorrow.

Thanks!! I really appreciate you making the effort to find out for me! lol I can't wait to get a non shitty CAI lol.

You'll be very happy with the JLT. they are THE best intake for Modulars. That being said get the Ram Air Intake. Not the cold air intake. if you ever have rain you could hydro lock the motor with a CAI since they hang so low.

No problem Liz. That's what I'm here for :)

And that's why you're awesome! :biggrin-new:

You'll be very happy with the JLT. they are THE best intake for Modulars. That being said get the Ram Air Intake. Not the cold air intake. if you ever have rain you could hydro lock the motor with a CAI since they hang so low.

Thanks for the tip! haha That was the one I was looking at!

I don't think the chances of that happening are very huge though. I drove my Bullitt as a DD for a long time without having any issues. I even drove it through the snow when we had it here.

I don't think the chances of that happening are very huge though. I drove my Bullitt as a DD for a long time without having any issues. I even drove it through the snow when we had it here.

it depends on the car and setup I think. I've seen setups hydro lock in just regular heavy rain (it was vortech s/c'd).

My exbf's old Stang had a CAI that ran to the bottom of the engine bay and he hydro locked three engines. The idiot still didn't take the CAI off. My current one runs into inside the fender.

Oooooh, so pretty! Where'd you get your valve covers?

they're stock 96-98 gt covers :)

All I did was sand the ribbing off, sanded em, and painted them with my fence painter in high temp silver.

they're stock 96-98 gt covers :)

All I did was sand the ribbing off, sanded em, and painted them with my fence painter in high temp silver.

Sick! You are the man.

thanks and you're the woman! lol

Shit dude, those are sick as fuck!! You have inspired me to do great things..

Should have come from the factory this way. Perfect.

only reason they didn't is the ribbing is for dampening the valvetrain noise. I personally don't care because my car makes all kind of noise anyway lol

yeah Liz one of us can get ahold of him, I talk to Jay on a weekly basis so one of us can get you taken care of. Brian is closer so he can swing by the brand new shop and see what's up.

While I'm there I'm going to ask him about being a Vendor.
I talked to him about is briefly already, but it's hard for him to be on any of the site he's on now as he is short handed.

I got the JLT infender, rigged it and made it work as a Ram air..... It worked well. Well made but there all basically the same. As far as the valve covers, the only ones that are worth a damn and dont leak are the OE pieces...

Liz, I apologize I didn't get a chance to get over to JLT's shop. I would give him a call directly. They have great customer service.

Thanks! I'll probably give them a call tomorrow! Can't wait to get one, it's gonna look bitchin with the new motor!!

Thanks! I'll probably give them a call tomorrow! Can't wait to get one, it's gonna look bitchin with the new motor!!

Tell him that Brian Williams with the white '95 Cobra (Mike's nephew) told you to give them a call. Maybe he can hook you up, no promises.

Guest mustang_gtchick

just an idea liz, if they dont do your color (for some odd reason) get who ever is painting your car to paint it, since the color will be mixed and stuff

haha I'm still undecided. If JLT wont paint one for me, I'll take one to get painted, by then maybe I'll have a new spoiler to get painted too. :frog: