Jeremy95GT

95 mustang hanging idle...

So I have this nasty hanging idle now since replacing my iac... Always something... Well I did some research and I made a iac restrictor plate and still no real change... Has anyone on here had any expierence with this....

Here is the restrictor plate

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

Yea you're looking for it to be between .98 and .99 volts. Just loosen the screws and twist the sensor slightly until the voltage is where it needs to be, then tighten the screws. My car wouldn't stay running at all after the Fox TB conversion without proper TPS voltage, once I got it adjusted it idled quite well. I found the holes in my TPS sensor wouldn't allow me to twist it quite enough to get the voltage where I needed it, so I took a drill bit the size of the holes in the TPS sensor and while the bit was spinning, I put pressure to one side of the hole in the direction I needed more room. It didn't take much, maybe 1/64" to get enough room to twist the sensor enough for proper voltage.

And yes the gray/white stripe wire is the test wire, the all gray wire is ground or you can touch your negative test lead to something like a strut tower bolt for ground.

Edited by 95riosnake

**update**

So yesterday when I checked my tps it was about .66 which is low, today I called the shop that tuned my car and he told me that when they tried to put the tps up to .9 or whatever its suppose to be that the car would not idle at all...

Is this a problem? I'm really starting to think this "tuner" really isn't that smart, seems like the only thing my tune fixed was the car was overheating ans the cel.. but not my driveability issues like idling and so fourth

**update**

So yesterday when I checked my tps it was about .66 which is low, today I called the shop that tuned my car and he told me that when they tried to put the tps up to .9 or whatever its suppose to be that the car would not idle at all...

Is this a problem? I'm really starting to think this "tuner" really isn't that smart, seems like the only thing my tune fixed was the car was overheating ans the cel.. but not my driveability issues like idling and so fourth

Sounds like hes full of shit. I cant imagine that a reputable tuner would just let you go tuning around other problems. I know my tps was out when I got tuned and he wouldnt tune it until we got a good one in my car

When I first put the motor in, all it did was surge and over heat, they tuned it with a delta force chip and fixed the fan control and deleted the egr, but now the idle still surges, cuts off randomly, once I push in the clutch to shift it will hang, when I come to a complete stop and put it in neutral it hangs at 2k for a few then gradually comes back down.... Needless to say right now I'm stumped and don't know what to do

Are all your vacuum lines hooked up to the tree? An easy way to find a vacuum leak is while the engine is off, Grap a stoagie light it up and enjoy it for a few minutes. Then once its nice and lit, pull of a vacuum line and blow the smoke from your stoagie into it. Sounds crazy but it works. Once you blow, plug the line you blew into with your finger. I believe when I did it, I used the one from the brake booster.

Are all your vacuum lines hooked up to the tree? An easy way to find a vacuum leak is while the engine is off, Grap a stoagie light it up and enjoy it for a few minutes. Then once its nice and lit, pull of a vacuum line and blow the smoke from your stoagie into it. Sounds crazy but it works. Once you blow, plug the line you blew into with your finger. I believe when I did it, I used the one from the brake booster.

Lol, I need to find someone who smokes, because I'm betting I have one too

Everyone needs to keep in mind that stupid things like a loose oil dipstick, loose PCV valve and failing brake booster can also create vac leaks. The best way to find your leaks is to literally unplug EVERYTHING that is connected to your manifold, and cap off the ports (except the EGR and FPR). then one at a time reconnect items until the problem is found.

I had a huge write up with pictures and whatnot, I just need to find it.

I usually see intake manifold gaskets as a huge contributor. When I replace manifold gaskets, I always use a very thin bead of blue RTV silicone around the intake ports. Helps eliminate those pesky leaks that you really cant find.