TaborRacing9

Painted calipers....

I painted my front calipers on the cobra yesterday to see how it would look.... when i bought the car it had black caliper covers on, and the actual caliper was in rough shape. I posted a few pics of the caliper un-painted, and the end result below. :) Im really happy with it... thinking im leaving those caliper covers off now.. oh and i also cleaned and painted the rotors...

for those that are interested, i used rustoleum flat black spray can for the brackets, vht red caliper paint, and i hand painted the cobra letters in with a brush..

rotors un-painted

CF1AF3CC-4B57-4F4D-9BCB-BE8217835C5F-2305-0000022A33ED0C50_zps0aa137fe.jpg

EECE1F77-61E7-4ACE-A708-FB8CC24AC8C4-2305-0000022A17CFBC1D_zps9ce169f1.jpg

painted

EA9B872A-17B4-403E-89CC-6007B8464B79-2305-0000022A3FE84010_zps54bf875e.jpg

2CE67D44-93B0-4882-B6B8-017D68E46A04-2305-0000022A27FD9A5D_zps919c4c84.jpg

overall

0876E461-14DF-4F3F-9586-35E28CA430EF-2305-0000022A2016CC36_zps54ed8d45.jpg

Looks great, you can never go wrong with red calipers! I can't believe someone put caliper covers over Cobra brakes... :der:

I hate caliper covers with a passion. The past couple years at Carlisle when I was filling out my voting ballot for the show, I'd be ready to shoot a vote to several quite nice cars, then I'd see caliper covers on them and move on, I can't even express how ghetto I think caliper covers are.

thanks for the compliments. i like the caliper covers actually. they looked pretty nice and kept everything clean... but of course i saw a red mach with red calipers on instagram and fell in love so i atleast had to try it.... Det, i will be doing the rears red next weekend.... i kinda ran out of time.. i would have done them today but i have an exam tomorrow.

Jess: You should make a build thread about your car, with everything you have done to the car from when you first got it to now.

I love watching the work you perform on your car, it is real pleasure to watch how great a job you do. :)

I only wish I had your kind of skills when it comes to working on cars. :(

haha thanks mort.... i didnt just know how to do this kinda stuff though... it was a process... and my dad taught me everything i know... hell... he still gives me little tricks and tips on how to do stuff. like When i was taking off those rotors they were COMPLETELY siezed and i couldnt get them off to save my life... messed with them for about 30 minutes... went inside.. got dad... showed me some tricks..and got m off in 5 minutes.lol im still learning but im really blessed to have a dad that will stop what he is doing to help me along the way if i need it.

Also, a build thread would just take too long to be honest. i dont have time for that... and i dont really wanna post a bunch of information about my car online anyway... people bet on me down here during 'import vs domestic" nights so i dont want to ruin the mystery.

but ill tell you what ill try to do from now on... everytime i do something ill try to take pics and do a write up in the "know how" section for anyone that needs help. Just remind me when you see me post something on fb about working on the car to take pics and make a how to thread and ill do it.

Edited by TaborRacing9

haha thanks mort.... i didnt just know how to do this kinda stuff though... it was a process... and my dad taught me everything i know... hell... he still gives me little tricks and tips on how to do stuff. like When i was taking off those rotors they were COMPLETELY siezed and i couldnt get them off to save my life... messed with them for about 30 minutes... went inside.. got dad... showed me some tricks..and got m off in 5 minutes.lol im still learning but im really blessed to have a dad that will stop what he is doing to help me along the way if i need it.

Also, a build thread would just take too long to be honest. i dont have time for that... and i dont really wanna post a bunch of information about my car online anyway... people bet on me down here during 'import vs domestic" nights so i dont want to ruin the mystery.

but ill tell you what ill try to do from now on... everytime i do something ill try to take pics and do a write up in the "know how" section for anyone that needs help. Just remind me when you see me post something on fb about working on the car to take pics and make a how to thread and ill do it.

You are lucky to have a dad like that, mine never had any time for me..well rarely at least. :(

But anyway; I know you are busy and all respect for you taking care of school and life. But yes, I will give you a note of it when you post on FB. :)

thanks mort.... and yea brian i have one of me making a 10 sec pass in my gt on youtube but the video is absolutely terrible. the video was taken on my brothers cell phone. but... he just got a gopro.... so once i get her running back to normal ill take better quality vids and stuff.

she prolly wont be ready till this summer though... but ill post the vids on here when the time comes.

and atleast u took yours completely off... i was too lazy and didnt wanna bleed the brakes so i just wrapped it all up instead lol

Haha don't give me too much credit, they where brand new outta the box, so I figured why not paint em before I put em on, cause I guarantee if they were already on, I wouldn't have taken them off... Here's a before picture as a reference on how shitty these look out of the box...

Jeremy

post-71-13881837667505_thumb.jpg

jeremy you should have just repainted them black! lol i like em.. and ya for being baer i would expect them to be more flawless...

steve ill do it for the right price lol

or you could give me a good deal on some parts. lol

but you have to come up here to do it and bring some of that sunshine and warm weather with you lol.

sunshine? lol your are soooo not from here. tht whole "sunshine state" thin is a lie... it rains here like everyday lol
oh i know of your state, I spent a good chunk of it in Pensacola and we had sunshine all the time lol. Don't be stingy share the sun.

pensacola is a WHOLE entire diff world from miami. All it does here is rain... if you dont believe me check out the water managment district website for soflo... youll see it rains here once a day, everyda, at the same time in the summer. showers from 1pm to 3pm every friken day. its so annoying lol

pensacola is a WHOLE entire diff world from miami. All it does here is rain... if you dont believe me check out the water managment district website for soflo... youll see it rains here once a day, everyda, at the same time in the summer. showers from 1pm to 3pm every friken day. its so annoying lol
so sounds like you need to move.
I was in PCola at ATD school in early '05
05 I was transitioning from the boat to shore duty. From the HST to Fentress, good times right there.

so sounds like you need to move.

05 I was transitioning from the boat to shore duty. From the HST to Fentress, good times right there.

I was fresh outa boot camp and 20 years old. I got to P cola, my roommate and I went out our first weekend and met 2 sisters at the mall and that's all she wrote. Well, for the next 3 weeks. then I left and came to Va to the Ike and forget their names and erased their numbers. Hahahaha

i do wanna move :/ i like Ga and Al better than fla... but Ga has some strict emissions control laws! that sucks lol
going to be tuff where ever you go.
I was fresh outa boot camp and 20 years old. I got to P cola, my roommate and I went out our first weekend and met 2 sisters at the mall and that's all she wrote. Well, for the next 3 weeks. then I left and came to Va to the Ike and forget their names and erased their numbers. Hahahaha
sounds about right. lol