Brian

Gauges? Post what you have and why.

Fitment is directly related to someones patience IMO.

The wires for the gauges I taped down inside the bezel to keep them out of the way. I took my time bending the little aluminum brackets that it came with. The screws line up PERFECTLY and I can remove it to swap a gauge in just a few minutes time.

I also removed the rubber bottom of the stock piece and attached it to the Autometer replacement. So it's a complete stock feel to it with just the 2 pods magically there!

Awesome well I hope to have some patients when it comes to this. I'm ordering these right now:

Instrument Cluster

Clock Pod

Now I just need to figure out what gauges to get. I want to get white faced with blue LEDs to match my gauge cluster.

Awesome well I hope to have some patients when it comes to this. I'm ordering these right now:

Instrument Cluster

Clock Pod

Now I just need to figure out what gauges to get. I want to get white faced with blue LEDs to match my gauge cluster.

Only you will know what gauges you really need :)

I did tranny temp since I already have a tranny cooler mounted behind the front bumper so I can see the real value it brings especially on long trips or when I'm holding 2nd and shifting it up manually. I had my tranny guy take the car for a spin about a year ago and he said my brutal shifts have not really done any damage and I'm not in need of a rebuild yet lol so the cooler must be helping it for longevity!

I needed a better AFR setup since I self-tune with Moates Quarterhorse. Doing it blind and by smelling the tailpipe is a great way to make your car go boom so I've kept my tune pretty stock up until now. Goal is a street tune not a dyno tune which is only good for being on a frictionless dyno IMO so keeping track of numbers on the street will be a big help sorting it out.

Only you will know what gauges you really need :)

I did tranny temp since I already have a tranny cooler mounted behind the front bumper so I can see the real value it brings especially on long trips or when I'm holding 2nd and shifting it up manually. I had my tranny guy take the car for a spin about a year ago and he said my brutal shifts have not really done any damage and I'm not in need of a rebuild yet lol so the cooler must be helping it for longevity!

I needed a better AFR setup since I self-tune with Moates Quarterhorse. Doing it blind and by smelling the tailpipe is a great way to make your car go boom so I've kept my tune pretty stock up until now. Goal is a street tune not a dyno tune which is only good for being on a frictionless dyno IMO so keeping track of numbers on the street will be a big help sorting it out.

So far as far as gauges go, this is what I'm choosing (yes I know it's expensive but I want quality for monitoring tools):

Air/Fuel

Boost/Vacuum (For later)

Oil Pressure

Water Temp

Edited by Brian

White faced with blue LED's would be the Autometer C2 lineup.

You miss my post right above yours? ;)

I linked all the gauges I'm going to eventually order, they are C2 haha. Thanks though!! Always lending a hand!

You miss my post right above yours? ;)

I linked all the gauges I'm going to eventually order, they are C2 haha. Thanks though!! Always lending a hand!

"Now I just need to figure out what gauges to get. I want to get white faced with blue LEDs to match my gauge cluster. "

I looked on this whole page and still don't see any links to gauges, only pods. I thought the above statement was asking what Autometers were white with blue lighting.

Not a big deal, lol. I will offer a small warning, if you drive the car a decent amount at night, the C2's are pretty bright.

"Now I just need to figure out what gauges to get. I want to get white faced with blue LEDs to match my gauge cluster. "

I looked on this whole page and still don't see any links to gauges, only pods. I thought the above statement was asking what Autometers were white with blue lighting.

Not a big deal, lol. I will offer a small warning, if you drive the car a decent amount at night, the C2's are pretty bright.

This one:

So far as far as gauges go, this is what I'm choosing (yes I know it's expensive but I want quality for monitoring tools):

Air/Fuel

Boost/Vacuum (For later)

Oil Pressure

Water Temp

It's all good though brotha, you're still awesome.

I wonder if there is a way to wire them into my headlight knob so I can dim them? Hmm..... something to look into :)

Edited by Brian

Must be the twilight zone because it didn't say that a few minutes ago. Your edit must not have gone through immediately. Steve's post wasn't even visible to me until now, the one you just quoted wasn't either.

Edited by 95riosnake

Must be the twilight zone because it didn't say that a few minutes ago. Your edit must not have gone through immediately. Steve's post wasn't even visible to me until now, the one you just quoted wasn't either.

Haha I know. I worked my magic ;)

It was funny ha.

As far as the dimming, I'm not sure. Mine can be a bit blinding at night if I'm gonna be driving more than 15-20 minutes. Having them pretty much everywhere is a bit on the annoying side, but they do look nice.

I have Autometer Phantom's. Love the looks of them thats why I got them, b/c they match the factory cluster for one thing. I got the Water Temp b/c the factory sweep gauge is useless. And I got oil pressure b/c I want to know if there is anything funky going on there. Down the road I plan on adding some A pillar gauges not sure what yet, maybe fuel pressure or something Nitrous related :eagerness:

014-6.jpg

005-14.jpg

They have me in Germany mode and mod my posts every so often :) Why? Who knows! lol.

4 C2's is gonna be bright as hell at night IMO if they're all in front of you. I don't see why you can't put them on a dimmer assuming they have the wire for the light. I believe I wired mine to the dimmer and have not had any issues. When I pull it back apart for the wideband i'll check.