Schiffy

What color for the calipers?

So, with this white car, with a lot of black accents, I'm having a hard time figuring out what color to paint the calipers. My '99(silver car) and '95(black car) both had red calipers. I'm leaning towards red again on the '98, not so much to stick with a theme(or not to for that matter) but because with the white body and black wheels, I think the red would pop nicely. I think black calipers, behind black rims would be to much black. What do y'all think?uty4ese7.jpg

Sorry, I don't have a clean HD straight up side shot. So this is the best I can do.

You could do white with black lettering

This. Powder coat em. Then soap and water wash em down. Silver would look real good too with black lettering

I don't have time to powdercoat them, as that is something id have to drop off and have done, and its my DD. I will pick a weekend and paint then. Though it would be badass to powdercoat them white and paint the lettering black.

My only complaint to white, would be how dirty it gets quickly. I am NOT a detail freak, so I won't be washing my car bi weekly, therefore white may get really dirty, really quickly, and that would piss me off. Haha

My only complaint to white, would be how dirty it gets quickly. I am NOT a detail freak, so I won't be washing my car bi weekly, therefore white may get really dirty, really quickly, and that would piss me off. Haha

Paint them. After they dry we will clean them and put a nice coat of wax on them. It'll make a big difference come time to clean.

Good point..... :middle_finger_smile I forgot yall actually drive your cars.

I've heard that "Blackfire All Metal Sealant" would hold up to temps but I haven't done any research. I'm sure there's sealants out there that can withstand temps. Also there's "Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax".

Edited by Brian

shiff do you have letters of some kind on your calipers? just wondering cause of the lettering comments.

maybe some kinda of stencil?

Honestly, I don't know. I'll have to go look. My '95 said "Mustang" or was it my '99? I dunno... I wanna get new slotted and or drilled rotors to. Now that I have those big FR500's, you can see all the ugliness that is a stock unpainted caliper and rotor. lol

I don't want cobra on them! In fact, I wanna make the centercap covers to cover the cobra ones on the wheels now.
lol, i feel ya there schiff! i almost bought some perfect floor mats that looked sick...but they had huge cobra's on them, lolol. could'nt do it.

ever thought about a ford blue?

lol, i feel ya there schiff! i almost bought some perfect floor mats that looked sick...but they had huge cobra's on them, lolol. could'nt do it.

ever thought about a ford blue?

Definitely a great option! Never considered blue.

• Moderators

Blue is a good option. I was going to suggest something off the wall since your car is white and black; any color will go. I was thinking blue or bright green or something. I am painting the calipers on my dark blue X5 bright green haha.

Neon green separates the men from the boys!

Neon or lime green is way to bright for me... My buddy and I are doing his girls calipers lime green in 2 weeks when she has ACL surgery and isn't driving and staying at my house.

• Moderators
Neon or lime green is way to bright for me... My buddy and I are doing his girls calipers lime green in 2 weeks when she has ACL surgery and isn't driving and staying at my house.

Like I mentioned before, I plan to do my dark blue X5 in lime green at least temporarily. I just didn't want to do the red like it seems everyone else does. I might change them to BMW performance yellow if I don't like the green. I had the powdercoaters color match Rio Red for my 95's calipers.

i wonder if you can polish the calipers? prolly be a bitch though!

If they're the iron/steel calipers it'd be more work than its worth. Aluminum calipers is entirely possible