Blackmage

4v guys, i need some pics

When i did my 4v swap i wasn't able to get a hold of the 96-98 cobra alt bracket, and I didnt have the intake bolts from the cobra intake manifold either. I used the mark viii bolts which worked perfect, but the front two bolts were different on the cobra. Does anyone have some pics of the alternator bracket and also the bolts and how they are attached onto the intake? Just talking about the front two bolts on the intake manifold

usuququv.jpg

I believe your missing link is this stand off... It holds down the crossover and the alt Bracket. Text me at 586 404 6792 if you need different pictures

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

usuququv.jpg

I believe your missing link is this stand off... It holds down the crossover and the alt Bracket. Text me at 586 404 6792 if you need different pictures

Thats exactly the pic i was looking for, and yup, im missing the stand off piece. Thats gona be fun to find/fab

Did you ever get what you needed?

I did, the bolts were $60 for the pair shipped to WI from a dealership in FL.

null_zps875d94c2.jpg

and I found someone on svtperf with the spacers and just got them last night.

null_zps01b2aa46.jpg

it was quite the search for those darn bolts, there were two dealerships in the country that had them as a pair, this FL dealer and one in AL had them. Called them up, $18 a piece and then shipping. pricey, but im happy i have them. After I get these installed, the only Cobra piece that Im really missing on my motor is the coolant pipe that runs off the back of the head(still using the mark viii one) and the cobra crank. Im not trying to make it into a cobra clone, but its nice to know that I have all the correct pieces so it hopefully doesnt break pre-maturely on me!

I have some stuff for you that I will post within the next day

***edit***

Im not 100% sure if you are on b heads or not, but this is a good read. I've heard that it isn't necessary for the b heads, and requires IMRC deletes, but I cant say for certain.

Also, isnt the mkvii crank forged, or am I mistaken?

Edited by 1997cobra

***edit***

Im not 100% sure if you are on b heads or not, but this is a good read. I've heard that it isn't necessary for the b heads, and requires IMRC deletes, but I cant say for certain.

Also, isnt the mkvii crank forged, or am I mistaken?

Nope the mark viii is still a cast piece unfortunately.

I

I am still running the B heads, i love the look of the intake too much to want the C heads.

I really considered doing this while i had my motor out, i probably should have. but it sounds like most of the guys that have this problem are pretty modified and i wouldn't even put myself in the same class as them hah. I believe you do need to do the IMRC delete if you plan to run the LDC cooling mod, because the controllers and wiring for the butterfly valves would come into contact with the modified tubes off the heads. just from looking at the pics, thats the only thing i could come up with.