94 Droptop

Car chokes and then revs up whats wrong?

http://youtu.be/KKEFGaodMNg

so around the 30 second mark to the end the car chokes and revs up and is then back to normal. Any ideas?

I had a problem with this car choking out, running rich (plugs were black), you could smell the fuel, and just flat out not running. It got to the point where it would not run hardly at all. I changed the distributor, ICM, plugs, retimed it, new coil, and coolant temp sensor, and reset the computer. And it seems to be running good but is doing this. It was not running rich at all, or atleast I couldnt smell it.

Mods are Ported out stock heads, e cam, cobra intakes, and a Bama chip,LT headers o/r pipe, and some flowmasters, ect... This was after it had been running for 20mins and up to temp. It did this about ever 5mins or so. Maybe it just needs a real tune.

Pip sensor in the dizzy...didnt see ya changed the dizzy my bad. I would unplug that bama chip and see how she runns. No offense but Ive seen more problems with those bama tunes than there worth

Edited by 95opal

Sorry ive been gone for awhile It broke down again on my. Driving down the highway it got a hard miss and then it just runs extremely rich and misses on most the cylinder to the point where it wont even idle. This is all on the stock tune btw. I have now put a new MAF on it and am still having a issure. While driving it around the neiborhood it shut off on me, and gave me the old misfire. It misses to the point that i can mash the gas and it goes no where. I pulled over let it idle a bit and drove it home. I dont know what else to do besides sell it.

Forgot to add. I had the car towed home. Started right up and pulled it in the drive before i replaced the maf. It ran fine until about 4 miles down the highway and even then with undoing the battery and restarting its still missing and running rich. My next project will be changing the intake manifold gaskets even though i doubt they are bad.

fuel pressure reg is a Aeromotive and I have a gauge hooked to the rail. It runs around 35 now. ive been adjusting it seeing if that changes anything. No I havent replaced o2's yet. I woudlnt think those would make that big of a miss fire. Im kind of tired at throwing money at it. All those fixes were in one week.