Tony

my experience thus far on bags :)

figured i would talk about the details of my suspension to give us 94-04 guys a little better understanding of an air ride suspension on an sn.

first thing is completely rid you brain of all the crap ya may have heard about bags being hoppin down the street and hittin 3-wheel motion around corners like a 64 impala, lol.

ok, so far the bad things i've experienced are very few. one that sticks out is the fact that the front of these cars are fn heavy, lol. takes some serious PSI to get that bitch up. so if ya run a 150 psi setup you will need 3/4 of that to get the front up. causing the compressor to run more. actually no biggy but still kind of annoying.

another con would be the light weight of the rear. if you run a decent amount of air pressure in the rear bags it stiffens a bit. so say ya want a little gap in the rear you need bout 40-50 psi. that is pretty stiff for our cars. so run about 25 and sit just a tad tucked in the rear.

Now, the pros are awesome!!! the fact that i'm obsessed with aggressive drops and stance..it' great for me. however if i were to get serious about cornering, i cant imagine better supension, lol. the thing corners now like no other vehicle i've owned. seriously...run about 75 psi up front..30 psi out back and you can exit freeways w/o touching the brakes, lol. rides on rails like a mother effer!!! def a performance upgrade!!!! with an adjustable shock out back and stock struts up front you can corner carve your ass off in this thing!!

of course there are other benefits. being able to lift at the touch of a switch to clear shit is great. find the right psi and you can ride around slammed all day with a comfortable yet nice and tight suspension. imo bags on a 94-04 mustang is the best performance upgrade one could go with if ya like a nice drop!!! to slam your car on springs and have horrible rebound and compression should be a thing of the past!! bag your shit fellas, you'll thank me fuuur eet :P

Edited by tony

Hahah nice review man! Definitely gonna agree with you on some parts, people hear air ride and they automatically assume gangster hopping rolling on 3 wheels rocking 15" daytons (dayummmm boiiiiiiiii). However its much more elegant than that!

I always love hearing thick-headed people criticize air ride for handling badly... not these days folks. These aren't rigged-ass setups anymore. RideTech has put their air ride cars in competition running their setups and they have outstanding performance.

Nice to hear some of your experience with the bags, since it's pretty uncommon in this very narrow minded mustang scene, I've not heard many reviews of RideTech's setup for our cars. :thumb:

Tony, you make me wanna bag mine...

Sent from my secretary!!!

DOOOOOO EEEEEEETTT!!!

A bagged drag car, lol. (You said you were planning to go the drag route) People would be shitting their pants with anger and yelling blasphemy.

I don't have the moola for that! I'm trying to pay off debt and save for getting outa the Navy and moving back to Texas in 2 years.

So in 2-3 years I can expect to hear of a bagged SN95 drag car running around texas? haha jk... bags are definitely not cheap, especially to go with quality stuff

So in 2-3 years I can expect to hear of a bagged SN95 drag car running around texas? haha jk... bags are definitely not cheap, especially to go with quality stuff

I would love to! I've got the shop, tools and extra hands back home. Who knows, maybe ill be that car on the dyno at Texas 2K16 with a 1200+ HP, bagged '98.

• Moderators

I started down the bag path for my 95, but the cost prohibited me going much further. Tony's car makes me wish I had stayed the course! Funny thing is now I am considering bagging my X5, but the costs still get me. My wife semi-bought into it when I said I could transfer the air management system over to another vehicle later on.

Tony, you make me wanna bag mine...

yea dude, and ya dont have to go extreme and cut out your inner fender lip...notch your kmember and get rid of your cats so you can tuck 20's like me, lolol.
DOOOOOO EEEEEEETTT!!!

A bagged drag car, lol. (You said you were planning to go the drag route) People would be shitting their pants with anger and yelling blasphemy.

there's a guy with a 72 camaro that goes to shows here that's bagged. huge tub, wheely bars, huge blower, full cage and all the other drag shit i can think of, lol.
I would love to! I've got the shop, tools and extra hands back home. Who knows, maybe ill be that car on the dyno at Texas 2K16 with a 1200+ HP, bagged '98.

if ya ever do schiff i can walk ya right through the installation my man!! if you can swap springs and run car audio amps...you can bag, lol. well kinda :P
I started down the bag path for my 95, but the cost prohibited me going much further. Tony's car makes me wish I had stayed the course! Funny thing is now I am considering bagging my X5, but the costs still get me. My wife semi-bought into it when I said I could transfer the air management system over to another vehicle later on.
hahaha. my wife was diggin it after she sat in the passenger seat on a few trips watching me dodge shit all day. i just simply said..ya know we can fix this babe :)

hahaha. my wife was diggin it after she sat in the passenger seat on a few trips watching me dodge shit all day. i just simply said..ya know we can fix this babe :)

Ah, nothing quite like playing the practicality card to justify car mods, well played sir! Used that technique many times myself lol.

lmao!!! women are so gullable! or however you spell that word!

my wife is smart at times about this shit too. she said well no wonder Tony...look at your fn tires!! that fn hurt man! cause i knew she may be on to me a little :(

• Moderators
lmao!!! women are so gullable! or however you spell that word!

my wife is smart at times about this shit too. she said well no wonder Tony...look at your fn tires!! that fn hurt man! cause i knew she may be on to me a little :(

Mine plays dumb right up to the point that she can nail me to the wall with something.

Mine agrees that when its time to fix a broken part, to upgrade to something aftermarket. Maybe I'll go beat in a coil over and tell her I need $2500. lmao!!!

hahahaha hell yes!! aaah that visual of you sneakin up on your coilovers with a hammer to beat it in is fn great!!!

Hahahah you guys are too much! Hopefully my future wife comprehends the concept of it its broke, upgrade! My gf of 3 years now says if I can drop $2000 on my car like its nothing, then I should be able to put a ring on her finger no problem. I told her my car doesn't talk back when I tell her to do something.....needless to say there was no poonanny for me that night

• Moderators
Hahahah you guys are too much! Hopefully my future wife comprehends the concept of it its broke, upgrade! My gf of 3 years now says if I can drop $2000 on my car like its nothing, then I should be able to put a ring on her finger no problem. I told her my car doesn't talk back when I tell her to do something.....needless to say there was no poonanny for me that night

My car fund is on my wife's lef finger. Hard to believe a stupid clear rock is worth that much. She does get the "if it breaks, I'm upgrading concept," just not the "break it so I can upgrade" concept.

Back to Tony's car because it's damn sweet!

I'm doing what I can to my car now. I got 7 years before we plan on getting married, I know after we get married the mods will stop because kids will start plopping out

For some reason the word "plopping" here is just far more graphic than the traditional "popping"

1292136800497.png

And I have a similar thing going on, but moreso to get it out of my system before kids happen, already married which has somewhat dialed back the spending, but not too much ;)

For some reason the word "plopping" here is just far more graphic than the traditional "popping"

1292136800497.png

And I have a similar thing going on, but moreso to get it out of my system before kids happen, already married which has somewhat dialed back the spending, but not too much ;)

lmfao figured that'd be a nice visual for everyone.

exactly, my problem is my money is my money currently, so I need to spend it all before she can spend it hahah

You'll be my hero. Take me with you to Texas brotha.

You'll be my hero. Take me with you to Texas brotha.

I thought you and your wife were trying Togo to Colorado? I talked with Matt yesterday about a possible bag setup for the rear and coil overshot the front. Correct me if i'm wrong or way off, but being able to adjust the pressure in the rear bags would significantly help my launching, but I don't believe I could get the affect in the front end with bags that I could with a coil over setup. Obviously my setup wouldn't be to ride around slammed like you Tony, so they would simply be installed in the rear so I could adjust for racing.

I thought you and your wife were trying Togo to Colorado? I talked with Matt yesterday about a possible bag setup for the rear and coil overshot the front. Correct me if i'm wrong or way off, but being able to adjust the pressure in the rear bags would significantly help my launching, but I don't believe I could get the affect in the front end with bags that I could with a coil over setup. Obviously my setup wouldn't be to ride around slammed like you Tony, so they would simply be installed in the rear so I could adjust for racing.

It was an idea not a set in stone but Colorado has been taken over by Liberals so that's a no go. I still want to go to Texas so once you get there we will have to take a trip there.