Casper95svt

1995 SVT Cobra 5.0 Build Thread...

Well, here goes. Picked the car up 3/31-4/1 Weekend and it sits in my garage for now until I can get home to start on it. But that isn't going to stop me from purchasing parts in the mean time.

Not much done to it now, BBK CAI, BBK shorty headers, Catless Midpipe, factory catback with tips welded on. Unsure of what kind of short throw, and Hurst White ball.

1995 SVT Cobra, White with Saddle/Black leather interior. Ford Cobra R hood painted, Ford Cobra R wheels with factory center caps. Previous owner spend a lot of money with receipts.

Soo...I got bored and started ordering parts.

RAM Powergrip Clutch ( Delivered 4/13 )

RAM Aluminum Flywheel ( Delivered 4/13 )

Rear Main Seal ( Delivered 4/13 )

Cobra Shift knob (Delivered 4/16)

Tail shaft seal (Delivered 4/16)

Torque Box reinforcement kit (Delivered 4/16)

Tach bracket from UPR (Delivered 4/16)

Autometer tach (In garage )

Maximum Motorsports Full length SFC (delivered 4/16)

Ford racing diff cover, gasket and Royal Purple fluid (Delivered 4/16 )

Mluti-function switch ( Wipers inop, until washers pushed ) (Delivered 4/16 )

Throw out bearing and pilot bearing (Delivered 4/16 )

Front left and right side mirrors ( Drivers side glass loose ) (Delivered 4/16 )

TPS and IAC (Delivered 4/16 )

BBK fuel pressure regulator and gauge ( Delivered 4/13 )

Diamond black headlights (Delivered 4/16 ) (Side markers are cheap and look like garbage )

Rear Factory cobra taillights from Prestige Mustang salvage yard (Delivered 4/15 )

MSD cap and rotor (Delivered 4/16 )

Performance distributors TFI module (Delivered 4/16 )

Temp gauge sending unit (Delivered 4/16 )

Radiator hose kit with hose clamps (Delivered 4/16 )

Thermostat (180) and housing (Delivered 4/16 )

Prop rod clip (Delivered 4/16 )

Front and rear Cobra slotted rotors from Powerstop (Delivered 4/16 )

Hawk ceramic pads front and rear (Delivered 4/16 )

Steeda clutch cable kit ( Decided not to use, 4/14/13 ) Supplimented with MM Clutch cable kit. (Delivered 4/16 )

Poly transmission mount (Delivered 4/16 )

Fuel filter (Delivered 4/16 )

Royal purple manual trans fluid kit (Delivered 4/16 )

Screaming demon wire set (Delivered 4/16 )

Radiator cap (Delivered 4/16 )

Ford racing waterpump kit (Delivered 4/16 )

Pa alternator (Delivered 4/16 )

Smog delete with head plugs ( Already in garage )

Steeda Tri-ax ( Already in garage )

Upper and lower control arms ( Already in garage )

Bushing replacement tool and poly bushings ( Already in garage )

Alpines newest USB, IPOD, Blutooth cd player ( Already in garage )

Bilstein front and rear shocks ( Already in garage )

NGK TR55IX (4/12)

Royal Purple 75w-90 (3 ea. 4/12)

As well as 6 cans of White Plasti-dip for the wheels. I have always love the Saleen white on white look.

Edited by Casper95svt

Thanks man. Good part of my job is I make good amount of money from working Mon-Sun 12hr days. Bad part is I travel a lot and haven't been home for more than a few days since last May. I figure ill stay in this position and load my account then move up and not have to travel and make good money at the same time. ha

EDIT: I was chatty Kathy with a SVT performance member who recommended I do not buy the "Steeda Adjustable Clutch kit" explained himself and I did alittle google research and just ordered the "Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Clutch Kit" Price difference was minimal for the headaches it will save. So.... have a Steeda clutch cable kit for sale. :rolleyes-new:

Hang in there man, you will move up with hard work. Also you have a WAY cooler car than I do. haha. Love those things, when I worked for Ford I loved test driving those cars. Fellow technician bought an 04 Mach in Comp orange. such a beautiful car.

Today I got more parts in the mail. I hooked up with Prestige Mustang and they sent out a new Speedo Cluster Bezel with no alarm hole drilled in it. As well as two factory tail lights. Previous owner installed really ugly ones. Ill put up compairo pics when I can get home to install. Very good prices and very happy with the "used" parts. They look great.

post-403-13881837976456_thumb.jpg

Will do. After looking at them closely, im thinking they didn't come off a Cobra like stated. Looks like more of a pearl white. I saw it a lot of Toyota/Lexus vehicles. They might look weird on my car. We'll see though. Im happy they are nice though. They have five or six crashed 94/95 cobras on site. Its where I will buy all my used parts I need.

So wanted to try a "shifter gasket" always using silicone I wanted to see if maybe it made a difference. Went to American Muscle and bought their 16 dollar gasket set. Wow was I disgusted. Im a machinist.... looking at this piece of garbage they sent me made me mad. Its not even proportionate. None of the holes punched out of this thing were even the same size. So I used the cad machine and entered in all the dimensions I wanted and used a piece of 1/16 garlock gasket material ( Type II – Gaskets not exposed to steam for (1) water service applications up to 300 °F and 1800 psig, (2) lube oil service up to 250 °F and 150 psig, and (3) hydraulic oil service up to 180 °F and 600 psig ) as my new gasket. I made four of them. I cant wait to try it out on my Cobra.

post-403-13881837990846_thumb.jpg

Edited by Casper95svt

Not too much to update. I got my SVT certificate in the mail, along with brand new white tail lights. The used ones I bought are a metallic pearl white. Wouldn't match my car very well. Didn't realize I would buy prepainted brand new tail lights. They are nice.

post-403-13881838023477_thumb.jpg

Not too much to update. I got my SVT certificate in the mail, along with brand new white tail lights. The used ones I bought are a metallic pearl white. Wouldn't match my car very well. Didn't realize I would buy prepainted brand new tail lights. They are nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2180[/ATTACH]

that's cool a hell! cool parts and list too. gt guys get no certificate do we?

You could try. haha. The only thing that pops up are SVT vehicles. If youre good at photoshop you could make your own. :) Also got my Maximum Motorsports Clutch cable, firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant.

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=09523177370111114100831049121120132404&store_id=1&dept_id=-1&product_id=6913

Give that link a try. If it doesn't work, go to www ford show parts com / store. Then click the SVT certificate.

Guess im just picky. The brand new are on the right. Glossy nice white, glossy plastic red. Left are off a used 94/95 car. Looks like a more milky metallic pearl white color. Left cost me 60.00 right cost me 230.00. :culpability: Just thought it would have looked weird on the rear of my car. Im sure someone needs them. Who knows.

post-403-13881838024976_thumb.jpg

Guess im just picky. The brand new are on the right. Glossy nice white, glossy plastic red. Left are off a used 94/95 car. Looks like a more milky metallic pearl white color. Left cost me 60.00 right cost me 230.00. :culpability: Just thought it would have looked weird on the rear of my car. Im sure someone needs them. Who knows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2181[/ATTACH]

Wait what? which one matches your paint?

The one on the right. Its bright glossy white. One on the left is a more milky metallic pearl white. Cant really see from the pic that well, but it bugs me big time.

Hell, the one on the left looks silver almost.

Sent from my secretary!!!

post-403-1388183811786_thumb.jpg

So changed the headlights, from the LX/GT ones to Cobra headlights and newer side markers. Changed out the bulbs in the cluster to LEDs, Changed the horrible tail lights back to stock. BBK Fuel pressure gauge, KN breather, new air filter, changed Multi function switch so my wipers work again, changed the drivers side arm rest bezel, speedo cluster bezel had a alarm hole and a cobra badge kinda silly didn't want it, changed from white hurst ball to a leather wrapped terminator knob. Going to do more tomorrow. Tired from the drive.

Not a fan of the tail lights, but overall, I'm digging it.

He went back to stock. Read man Lol looks awesome bud! Those headlights are real sharp too!

You like the crappy aftermarkets better? Or are you just a fan of 96-98? I like the flat bar 94/95 style better.

Nah, I thought you were going euro tails, I just glanced through and didn't read. I loved my '95 horizontal tails, but something about my '98 and the vertical tails has me liking them more and more. I watched my wife drive away yesterday and realized how good the ass end looked with the vertical tails. lol