Venom351R

Been 3 yers, going back to the track this weekend.

The only time Ive driven at the track in the past 3 years was with the STI a few summers ago but now its time to take the Cobra again. I have a lot of rust as far as driving at the track, I can tell just from driving around my area. And ive come to the conclusion that I dont really like the Pro 5.0 shifter and I'll get an MGW down the road. I'm not looking for ET as much as trap speed. The trap speed will be a good indication of where my power is and what the ET can get to. I'll be using my MT DR's and not the slicks b/c I am running my MT DR's on my weld wheels for this summer.

I would really like to see something in the area of a 115MPH trap speed, if I can get that or close or more it would be awesome. It wont be until next month before I can get the actual dyno numbers but this will be just as good. I'll be going this sunday and I'll post up some results as soon as I know myself. The car seems to be running really good right now so I think its time to get back there and see some results from all the new parts.

Edited by Venom351R

I would get video but I dont have my gopro yet.

Long story I'll try to make short. My roomate is a good friend of mine we have been good friends for 3 yrs and always get eachother nice stuff for christmas. This yr she got me a GOPRO 3 Black Edition but at christmas time things that had been building for awhile came to a boiling point and we had a falling out for awhile. Finally just a few weeks ago I got her to tell me what the damn present was and since then I have been trying to get it. Problem is its at her sisters house b/c she thinks I would snoop here and look for it :peep: and currently her sister is in CA for a few weeks. So until her sister gets home my GoPro is stuck at her house. But I will get some gopro video this season for sure. I have a friend riding down w/ me that helped me a ton w/ the long tube install last summer so maybe I can get some crap video from my phone.

Great day at the track today, awesome to meet you Keith cant thank you enough for all the help you have given me.

No new personal best today but really close. I had 3 yrs of track rust to dust off and my base timing is still set at 10* and I was on my MT DR's and not my slicks. Once I get some skinny's on the front and my slicks back on I have no doubt I'll be in the low 12's. The car felt really strong today I was quite happy with everything over all. Here is a break down of the 3 runs I did ( Run 2 I hit the rev limiter )

RUN #1

1.8 60" time

12.794 @ 110.65 MPH

RUN #2

1.770 60'

13.0 @ 107 MPH

RUN #3

1.761 60'

12.635 @ 110.56 MPH

Thanks, looking forward to going back again. It was consistent in the 110's other then my rev limiter run which still ended up being 107. Here is a slip from the best run.

null_zpsee285677.jpg

Congrats trav! Won't be long before you dust off the cobwebs and start busting out 12s :)

By 12s I meant knocking on 11's door Lol

Haha I know. I was cutting 1.6's on the slicks with the old suspension so if I was cutting 1.7's with the dr's I should be able to but a 1.5 or a very low 1.6 and that alone will put me in the 12.4 - 12.3 range

Thats why I left there w/ a good feeling of accomplishment b/c my starting point is just about where I left off the last time I ran the car and there is room for improvement both in the car and with how it can be driven so I feel good about being able to hit goals that have been set.

Keith post up those pics and video when you get a chance to.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that the next thing I have to get before anything else is a new helmet. My HJC is now outdated and they let me run this time, next time they wont.

Edited by Venom351R

a guy I know with a 95 cobra with a 347 with trickflow ported heads same as my ed curtis cam put down 401rwhp and ran a 11.7@115-117 and his current new setup is a bored over 347 its around 352 c.i with smaller heads then yours a big cam same intake 10 to 1 compression and he put down 440rwhp and wasnt happy with that just tore it apart. found out it was bad pistons, so it should be 450-550rwhp when hes done with new pistons running right.

So I would guess your car should deff put down around 400+rwhp easy on a 351 with that big of heads, and deff see easily a 115-120+mph trap.