copmagnet

mgw handle on tri-ax short throw base?

So I went with a tri-ax because american muscle gave it to me for 90$, its in the car and I have put about 700 miles on it, both normal driving and attempting to beat on it, and I find no matter what I have to lean forward to throw it into third. 1st is ok, 3rd takes a little leaning, and 5th i pretty much have to lean over. im rather short so..so I have been googling other options, and I found the MGW orange shifter handle has a deep angle so 3rd and 5th arent such a stretch according to other short people on the interwebz, but I like how the try-ax has self centering springs and is more springy vs the MGW's kinda off center notches. would it be possible to put an orange handle on my tri-ax base?

It would definitely require a custom machined adapter. The MGW arm mounts to the shifter in an entirely different way than any other mustang shifter.

I've seen a couple people make an adapter to put a different handle on the MGW (a guy on SVTP made one to mount a Roush handle on the MGW shifter) but I haven't seen anyone make anything yet to put the MGW handle on another shifter.

right now i sit so close to the steering wheel if i crash im going to die. but I have no other option, my legs are so short i cant push the clutch in all the way and get into 3rd/5th

You can make a plate that moves the handle back. I saw it on another site. I have the MGW and I don't really reach. And I'm only 5'8".

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

im almost 5'7" but I have super short legs.