Tony

paint sub enclosure body color or wrap with black leather/vinyl

paint or wrap  

6 members have voted

1. 1. paint or wrap

• paint body color
    • wrap with black leather

DSCF6745_zpsb18fb22a.jpg

its pretty much flawless at this point. filler and primer also wetsanded smooth as can be so painting it is def an option.

the trunk floor and side panels will be don in black leather.

The paint adds one more relm of sanding to get it smooth but even a vinyl wrap will not hide any problem areas. Wrapping it will be a bit of a challenge because of the shape. Getting it too stretch over the two sphere shapes will require a really good glue and some time/force to stretch it with out making a seem which would require an pro. So with that being said I really only see two options being paint or wrapping it in a trunk liner material and maybe adding some inserts to make it pop. Paint to make it look good you know you are looking at HOURS of work so if that is an issue I would go the black trunk liner myself. Get a board slightly larger then the amp to mount it too and paint/cover or even mount it to a piece of plexi and throw some lights in it.

The paint adds one more relm of sanding to get it smooth but even a vinyl wrap will not hide any problem areas. Wrapping it will be a bit of a challenge because of the shape. Getting it too stretch over the two sphere shapes will require a really good glue and some time/force to stretch it with out making a seem which would require an pro. So with that being said I really only see two options being paint or wrapping it in a trunk liner material and maybe adding some inserts to make it pop. Paint to make it look good you know you are looking at HOURS of work so if that is an issue I would go the black trunk liner myself. Get a board slightly larger then the amp to mount it too and paint/cover or even mount it to a piece of plexi and throw some lights in it.
scott i have finished sub enclosures for paint several times. i would have my painter also look it over for anything i missed. i would get it back from him with a perfect finish. or i would 1) return it to him to get it right or 2) try to fix the issue myself.

the wall sits back in kinda far. plus with the subs and amp mounted ya dont see a big blob of metallic blue. one thing i would'nt do is wrap any of it with trunk liner material, lol. my mind says a custom car with that speckled grey/black trunk material is unfinished haha!

I went with body color, your body color is subtle enough that it'll still look classy in there. If your car was bright yellow or something, then hell no, lol.
i agree! body color it is :) that was easy ha!