MMR

My airbag light is an attention whore

Okay, so since starting my car up for the first time since febuary, my Airbag light started flashing. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine, according to the cars maunal; when it flashes it means theres a problem with the aribag system...hmm - okay; so after searching alittle around; the cars airbag system consists of driver and passenger airbags, a airbag control module and impact sensors in the front bumper. Since I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about airbag systems, can any of you guys point me in a direction or help me figure out how to fix this?

the amount of blinks should give you a code that you can start tracing back to the main issue.

i think these codes are the same for your car..

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/airBag/airBag95.html

If flashes 5 times then 2 times, then pause, then 5 times then 2 times and so on..

- - - Updated - - -

So according to the link you posted, I guess it means code 52? .."Intermittent or Repaired Lost Battery Feed" ..what does that mean in english?

- - - Updated - - -

hmmmm, try scott (ttocs) he is an electrical genius. maybe pm dude

- - - Updated - - -

and lol @ attention whore

PMéd

Okay, I figured it out thanks to the link you send, thank you a million times for that :)

- - - Updated - - -

This is how you do it, if it happens to you

Observe air bag indicator prove-out (six ± two seconds) followed by diagnostic trouble code (52-85) flashing completely one time.

4. Locate the Diagnostic "Trouble Code Clear" Connector located underneath the glove compartment (06010) containing Circuits 631 (T/R) and 57 (BK).

5. Use a jumper wire to short Circuit 631 (T/R) to Circuit 57 (BK) or to another good ground. This short must be made after the diagnostic trouble code flashes completely one time, but before the warning light stays on continuously.

6. Hold short until air bag diagnostic monitor tone sounds (approximately five seconds).

Gonna have to try this on my car. I just deal with the lights since my ABS light won't go off either.

It is a little grey connector located under the glove compartment.

what caused it to start flashing though...

My battery was discharged when I first tried to start the car.

Edited by MMR

I am on my old phone while I am in Denmark, so excuse the shitty picture quallity. But it is this connector that you have to short, it is located under the glove compartment, you do not have to take the glovecompartment apart or anything. IMG_0270_zps02e575fd.jpg