Airborne

Interceptor Invictus

Well, since I'm new here and all, I wanted to start a thread showing what all I have done up to this point and what my future plans are. You ready? Sweet, read on:

When I picked up my DSG Stang, she looked something like this:

Broked_zps90dd85ec.jpg

Total loss of the front bumper cover, shock absorber and damage to the driver's side fender and to the passenger side quarter panel. For $1500.00 bucks and with only 50k on the clock at the time though, my 18 year old self could't refuse such a deal. Little did I know, there was more than mere cosmetic damage; the subframe was tweaked slightly, as well the the K-Member. The oil-pan was also jacked up pretty good, and the steering rack had it's mounts all but severed off. To top it all off, the factory "Torque Thrust" style rims were bent as well.

20110830130716_zps93e1031f.jpg

So it was on to a few more weeks of driving my old Ford Focus around. Fortunately, I had some cash in my pocket from graduating from military schools. I got started as soon as I got all the parts:

20110903221505_zps859db4a0.jpg

I drove it around in that working order for a few months, even though I was still working out some bugs. The 'stang still felt down on power though, and looked like every other DSG and Mineral Grey 'Stang on the road:

DSCN0935_zpscaf6fdfb.jpg

After some time, the mod bug bit me and I added a new hood, a rear end blackout kit, a set of MSD COP's and Iridium spark plugs, projector style headlights, a CAI and handheld tuner, and an interior dress up kit. Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to take photo's of everything I did, but here's what I have, which is pretty good representation of how she sits now:

2012-11-039514-27-4795570_zps904fab2c.jpg

ResizedImage951349748862127_zpsbb8fae79.jpg

2012-08-22_16-44-07_561_zpsa5806397.jpg

Minusplate_zpse24289a4.jpg

Currently, I have a Kenne Bell 2.1 Intercooled kit, subframe connectors, H&R Race Springs, Koni Shocks, and a few other minor things waiting to go on once I get back from Afghanistan in the Fall. Thanks for reading, and if you are interested, I will be posting more as I work on her.

Cars looking good! Love seeing saved cars from the junkyard. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the hood but to each their own! Can't wait to see the Kenne bell on there!

Sleeperstang1994

just for curiosity what was hit? a very large rock?

That picture is the car the day it wrecked. My understanding is that it over-steered around the corner, hit the embankment, and then the rear end hit the guardrail.

Schiffy

I dig the hood! It's different and that's what's so cool about it. Nice job man, love it!

Glad you like it, the unique factor is what I was going for with it. I like the fact that it's actually functional, and like you said, I have yet to see another car with that hood in person!

A couple other notes I left out in the original post, mainly, I completely forgot to mention that I redid the entire exhaust system! It's got SLP Loudmouth 1's, SLP Catted X-pipe, and BBK Headers.

Be safe over there and see you when you get back!! First round is on me.

May just have to take you up on that!