Forcefedhatch

Nitrous window switch/rev limit Q's

Ok, so I'm running a U4p0 aode computer, well I'll be hitting 100 shot dry, as well as a 3.73 gear.. My oem rev limit is set at 5800 for this computer..

The trans has been gone through as well as j-modded with the 450 HP settings.. I purchased a window switch from jegs and accidentally bought the singe switch function instead of dual.. So since its a zex kit I'm thinking of using this with a relay to interrupt the tps signal to the zex box, but since these cars are known to nail rev limiter so easily with gear changes, instead of using the switch to activate the spray at 3k I'm thinking of using it to shut it off at about 53-5500 so I'm not spraying during rev limiting.. What are you nitrous guru's thoughts?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone

We're trying to avoid that Chris!

Sent from my iPhone

lmao... First thing that came to mind! I wanna spray the '98, but I'll go wet kit. As for the switch. I got nothing. haha

Tapatalk made me do it!

Well wet or dry, settings should be relative.. Just looking at a start point.. Not trying to tach it out spraying and the rev limiter killing it compiled with spray rather shut it off before it even enters that realm

Sent from my iPhone

Most window switches have a base RPM and a top rpm. So you set the window from say 3000rpms to 5800rpms. You can use a 5 prong relay to reverse it.

http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/relay_basics.htm

This is wiring basics for a 5 prong relay. Buy a good quality one instead of the out on the shelf one. Just go to the parts counter and ask for a Horn relay for your car, which is a basic 5 prong.

The relay will be numbered on the bottom. When the circuit between 85 and 86 is de-energized the circuit between 87 and 30 will be closed. When you energize the circuit between 85 and 86 the circuit will open between 87 and 30 and close between 30 and 87a.

I have the window switch on my dry kit set to turn on at 3000 rpms and turn back off at 6200 rpms with an electronic rev limiter at 6300. If you do continue to use nitrous, it would be a good idea to get an ignition kill rev limiter like an MSD. The factory setup cuts fuel which can be devestating for the engine. The MSD and like models just retard the crap out of the timing to keep the rpm where it is.

I also run a dry kit.

Kurt

I had mine stop spraying at 5700, even spraying through shifts I never had an issue. I'd set it 200 rpm before rev limit and spray that cunt. Anytime it goes out it instantly stops spraying so you don't need to worry about it doing what your fearing. I never had an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless I missread the op.

Sweet great idea Kurt!, the only thing that sucks is my window switch is a single setting, either on or off at a certain rpm.. Since my zex kit uses tps I was going to use it to start the spray, and if it goes above 5500 or so rpm it'll cut it off

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Forcefedhatch

Yea I'm like Kurt but i drive a standard and just shift balls to the wall

Yeah, I would just hold the throttle down and hit the clutch when I shifted.

I think you have a good plan there. It's not likely you will ever be in a situation where you will end up with the nitrous on at too low of an RPM. Unless you shift from 1st to 4th which never happens.

Kurt

I had mine stop spraying at 5700, even spraying through shifts I never had an issue. I'd set it 200 rpm before rev limit and spray that cunt. Anytime it goes out it instantly stops spraying so you don't need to worry about it doing what your fearing. I never had an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless I missread the op.

I agree with you. I have mine come on at 4500 and off at 7700 and limiter is 8100 that way I can flat shift into the next gear without an issue. Poor tko lol

352.3 pushrod motor, .060 over 347. Trick Flow 225 cnc heads, Ported Custom EFI converted Funnelweb, Bullet custom cam, 108 lobe seperation, .712 .683 266 262 duration @.050

- - - Updated - - -

Mine makes power to 7700, i have limiter at 8100

eh, big solid roller cam, big heads, big intake and you should be good to go that high. Just need to make sure you have good valve springs, retainers and lifters. or in my case, the best lifters still sometimes fail

- - - Updated - - -

Im going to do a vacuum pump now too, maybe get a bit more power and raise power roll over point along with trying to seal up that stupid 2 piece rear main that comes in the old r blocks

352.3 pushrod motor, .060 over 347. Trick Flow 225 cnc heads, Ported Custom EFI converted Funnelweb, Bullet custom cam, 108 lobe seperation, .712 .683 266 262 duration @.050

- - - Updated - - -

Mine makes power to 7700, i have limiter at 8100

Holy big cam balls batman!

Tapatalk made me do it!

This guy that used to do my engine work in S. Fla had a rediculous 347 car. The converter stall was 6000rpms, and he shifted it at 8500. It was a powerglide car. It never went below 6000 rpms in a quarter mile.

Kurt

Yeah sounds about right. There's a few guys around here with motors similar to mine but they run more compression in a drag set up car, mines more street/show inspired with a drag motor in it. Works surprisingly good, just sucked to get it together and realize my stock tko won't shift worth a damn at any rpm over 6500 lol. Never ending project

Yeah sounds about right. There's a few guys around here with motors similar to mine but they run more compression in a drag set up car, mines more street/show inspired with a drag motor in it. Works surprisingly good, just sucked to get it together and realize my stock tko won't shift worth a damn at any rpm over 6500 lol. Never ending project

They say the 3550 doesn't shift well at high rpm. I never had a problem, but I don't shift anywhere near as high as you do. I've got it apart right now trying those fiber lined blocker rings to get it to shift faster.

Kurt

They say the 3550 doesn't shift well at high rpm. I never had a problem, but I don't shift anywhere near as high as you do. I've got it apart right now trying those fiber lined blocker rings to get it to shift faster.

Kurt

Yeah they shift good up to like 6500 ish anything after that snowballs worse and worse. It's depressing to say the least lol, let me know how those blocker rings turn out. I've heard about them but went straight from stock to faceplate so idk how they are. Ill admit faceplate is a bit serious for the street

Yeah they shift good up to like 6500 ish anything after that snowballs worse and worse. It's depressing to say the least lol, let me know how those blocker rings turn out. I've heard about them but went straight from stock to faceplate so idk how they are. Ill admit faceplate is a bit serious for the street

I'll let you know. Hanlon talked me out of a doing a faceplate setup. I'm glad they did. I don't drag race much anymore, and it wouldn't be worth the hassle. I'm not shifing over 6500 rpms anyway.

Kurt

I'll let you know. Hanlon talked me out of a doing a faceplate setup. I'm glad they did. I don't drag race much anymore, and it wouldn't be worth the hassle. I'm not shifing over 6500 rpms anyway.

Kurt

How are those syncros?

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk