MMR

Make an engine rev faster..If you don't go all in!

Other than the obvious; Fully build engine with lighter internals, Turbo / Supercharger or NAAAWZ! ..What can make an engine rev faster? ..especially with an auto transmission. ...I don't know about you V8 guys, but my V6 is one slow reving turd, almost feels like trying to get a N/A diesel engine up to speed..

aside from tearing the motor apart, in a manual I've heard if you go with an aluminum driveshaft and flywheel it'll reduce the rotational load but idk about on an auto

aside from tearing the motor apart, in a manual I've heard if you go with an aluminum driveshaft and flywheel it'll reduce the rotational load but idk about on an auto

Yea, that is what I can find as well in my search, some mention Pullies as well, but not much on the auto trannies. I guess gears and UPDs are some of the only mods worth doing if you don't go all in on these V6 autos

- - - Updated - - -

Exhaust and intake did very little, CAI is not worth it IMO, better off just getting a drop in filter and remove the silencer tube. A tune made the whole car alot more responsive and overall better to drive, helped alittle on power as well, but nothing major.

throttle body will help with responsiveness too. doing an aluminum driveshaft will also help an auto, just probably not as much as a manual.

But isn't the aluminum driveshaft only made for the manuals? ...I say "the aluminum driveshaft" because I can only find one from FRPP

nope.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frp-7995-28spline50l-aludriveshaft.html

Technical Note. This driveshaft will also fit 1996-2004 Automatic Transmission V6 Mustangs if the factory yoke is removed and reused. The yoke is located on the end of the driveshaft attaching it to the transmission with two spring clips and a pressure fitting. Special tools maybe required for removal.

I wouldn't be surprised if a gear change and drive shaft to make a good difference. My brothers 2011 5.0 had a 2 piece and we put a 1 piece aluminum one in and it gained literally a tenth at the track in a 6 speed car. You know the rule on rotating mass. 1 lb rotating mass is equal to 4 lbs. so if you save 9 lbs off driveshaft it's like removing 36lbs, then gears for sure will make a car quicker but less top end and drivability on highway depending on the gear you choose. This rotating mass rule is why racers gun drill axles and have extra light rear wheels and tires for maximum performance

Just my two cents

I wouldn't be surprised if a gear change and drive shaft to make a good difference. My brothers 2011 5.0 had a 2 piece and we put a 1 piece aluminum one in and it gained literally a tenth at the track in a 6 speed car. You know the rule on rotating mass. 1 lb rotating mass is equal to 4 lbs. so if you save 9 lbs off driveshaft it's like removing 36lbs, then gears for sure will make a car quicker but less top end and drivability on highway depending on the gear you choose. This rotating mass rule is why racers gun drill axles and have extra light rear wheels and tires for maximum performance

Just my two cents

Makes sense, thank you for sharing that info! :drinktothat: