SiK98GT

Project Sik98gt

Here goes nothing. I've had this car for about 6 years and its undergone a lot of transformations. This time around I'm going to turn it into a full interior Drag Radial drag car.

The car has sat for about 2 years since I broke a shift fork racing it and about 5 months later my daughter was born. Fast forward about a year and I started cracking on it again. I installed the full baseling drag launch #3 kit in the rear of it with strange 10way adjustable shocks. About a week after I intsalled a tubular QA1 k-member and arms with strange front struts and coil-overs. I then lost interest again and let it sit for another year. As of late I have finally decided to make the push to finish the car. I am picking up a lincoln mark VIII motor fot it that I plan to install my home ported 2v heads on along with some custom Ortiz cams. I also have an edelbrock vitcor junior intale for it and some 30lb injectors. For the exhaust im running mac LTs and a mac of road X-pipe with some mac pro dumps finishing it out. The tune is going to be done by senoir Ortiz and I'm hoping for 320ish whp when everything is said and done. I am shooting for a N/A low 12 second high 11 second time slip. Today I began the whole process of undoing 2 years of neglect and washed all the dust and dirt off this poor car. I will update this and add more pics as the build moves on. I should have my motor saturday and if all goes well be finished porting my heads tomorrow. Heres a few pics from today when I finally washed the old girl off.

20130815_175155_zps4190ae71.jpg

20130815_175136_zps21b7867a.jpg

20130815_175053_zpsff0f2f33.jpg

Sent from my Modded and overclocked Galaxy S2

They are 275/60R15 BFG Drag Radials. Hopefully it will be one heck of a stout back yard built 2v lol. Thanks for the compliment on the paint I was semi expecting to get flamed for it.

They are 275/60R15 BFG Drag Radials. Hopefully it will be one heck of a stout back yard built 2v lol. Thanks for the compliment on the paint I was semi expecting to get flamed for it.

I see what you did there! Car looks good! the wingless looks awesome!

Are you planning on running a auto or stick with the radials

I have a built TR3650 I plan to run. With stock suspension and these tires I was cutting 1.7-8 60foots hoping for better with all the new suspension. Also im going to pick the motor up today! 1 step closer to running again

Small update I got my short block tonight. (Actually I got a complete motor) out of a lincoln mark VIII for 200 bucks complete from intake to oil pan. I has like 187k on it. So I am gonna cut the crank and put fresh bearings and rings on it and rock the bitch. I had to tear it down to haul it in my DD buick but I managed to fit a complete motor in the car lol. Tomorrow my step dad is gonna come by and help me un loaf the thing and I plan to tear it down and drop the crank at the machine shop tomorrow. The builds a rollin lol.

e9yqe2u2.jpg

:drool: aluminum block! Haha

I'm really stoked to have an aluminum block between that amd the tubular K-member I should have pulled about 150lbs off the nose of the car. I really want some wheels up action

Mini update the motor is tore down to a bare block and I have ordered the piston rings for it. Once it gets back from the machine shop (just having it hot tanked and honed) and the crank gets back (had the journals cut because 200k cant be good for them) I am gonna order up the correct size main and rod bearings and put this bish together. The only things I still need to do is reassemble the heads, install my nextek springs and lap the valves. Should be making some noise in a few weeks here.

Pics coming when stuff starts showing up!