PRPVinyl

Operation Cheap Bitch

The foundations for operation cheap bitch have been layed.

1170808_10201087433925752_403990494_n_zps791f242c.jpg

I could not pass it up The foundation is a 94 Lincoln Mk VIII. The reason I say I could not pass it up it was $400. Counting fuel and other incidentals I have about $600 into the car.

I will pull everything I think i will need over at [MENTION=280]Schiffy[/MENTION] house. The rest will get cut up and sold for scrap, so i should get back $200-$300 there.

Next will be to find a cheap SN95 or New Edge with a bad motor that I can get for cheap.

I still have a lot to figure out, but I have a general direction.

I might try to swap in the Lincoln IRS also

More to come, thanks for looking.

matt

When I went to pick it up the battery is pretty dead and would not take a jump, even trying to charge it with jumpers for about 10 minutes the battery was dead flat. I was already pissed that the guy was not there when I got up there, and after driving 4 hours I was not going to just turn around and leave, then he spent another 45 minutes cleaning all of his crap out. So I gave it a minimal effort to get it started, it turned over but cranked pretty slow, I attribute that to the dead battery. The grill is broken and the hood is a little tore up on the front. The seats are totally trashed, been leaned back too far while driving, they actually sit on the back seats. It was also hit on the drivers side. Tomorrow after I get it over to @Shiffy house I will throw a good battery and see if we can get it running before we pull the motor. I also want to do a compression check before we pull the motor. Once I get all of that done that will help me to determine the direction i take as far as the motor. If i get it running and it checks out with good compression I will probably just leave it as is for the time being. One of @shiffy good friends is building a FastFive Cobra and wants the rear axle, so I told him if he picks up a Cobra intake I will swap him even up the axle for the intake. I should easily be able to get enough out of scrap value for the car to break even.

I will post an update tomorrow evening after we get done messing with it

matt

I'm off all week, so I'll clean the garage and make some extra room for everything and we can get the car in, find out if it runs, check compression and start tear down. We need to read into the PATS system [MENTION=145]PRPVinyl[/MENTION] to make sure when we swap the harness and all over, we don't have any issues.

Well the key for the lincoln is not a chipped key, so It should not have PATS in it. So if we use the Lincoln computer we should be OK. I think it will depend more on the chassis we use

Matt

I guess as long as it has a brain (computer) we can manipulate it with a tune to do what we want it to do.

Definitely an undercover street/strip car [MENTION=473]Gallows[/MENTION], plus now it has become a "how cheap can I do this" project. I have always been about doing stuff my self on the cheap because any one can go drop 10K on a car. I am also life is more about the Journey type person, building the car is half the fun.

I will have to make sure i have fresh batteries in the camera and try to make sure I take pics of the deconstruction.

One of the little things I am trying to decide is will it be worth it to gasket match the intake ports and polish the runners. I am not comfortable messing with the combustion chambers, and I am too cheap to pay some one to mess with those?

Matt

Wiring always confuses me so be sure to post up what harnesses you swap over. :)

Scrap wise, cats are where the money is! We separate things as much as possible. I got a 96 continental motor just for the heads and took the engine apart so I could get full aluminum prices for the block and other miscellaneous parts.

you're first thing to do would at least be to delete the IMRC's, I dont know if port matching would do much for you right now. Depending on the intake you go with also, you need to find the IMRC's from a 96-98 cobra, or the IMRC's from a 97-98 Mark VIII. the ones currently on there won't work with any other intake other than the one thats on there.

you're first thing to do would at least be to delete the IMRC's, I dont know if port matching would do much for you right now. Depending on the intake you go with also, you need to find the IMRC's from a 96-98 cobra, or the IMRC's from a 97-98 Mark VIII. the ones currently on there won't work with any other intake other than the one thats on there.

It just so happens we have a buddy who may be parting out a '96 Mystic... (The one my buddy hydroplaned in and totalled)

• Moderators
@Shiffy, i thought Gerringers Cobra was a pushrod motor

Anything I do scrap will be seperated out. I even plan on stripping any unused wire of insulation so i can get the better bare copper price

Matt

Shame you're not closer to one of my facilities. I could get you a better price on the scrap... especially copper.

• Moderators

I keep asking my company to buy facilities in VA... they laugh at me. Next time you're in NC, KY, OH, IN, IL, GA, FL, TX, KS, MO, CO, UT, NM, or NV let me know!

nice to see another B head project around here! you probably have more time than my self and my business so i will keep updated with yours!

Don't really have a bunch of extra time, I do have a full time job, plus my vinyl stuff.I am just forcing my self to make time for it.

I will try to keep it up dated as I progress.

I will start with an update here.

I got the car over to @Shiffy house. got it up in the drive way right away. We dove right into it. Got the hood off, got the headlights and marker lights off. Both fenders are off, pulled the radiator and a/c condenser. Removed the wiper motor and wiper arms. Cut out the radiator core support and front bumper. I have managed to keep the wiring harness intact so far. I will get the motor and trans pulled this weekend. during the week I will get all of the modules and wiring out of the trunk and start dis-assembly of the interior. Here is a couple of pics @Shiffy took today. We let his oldest son get out there and help us turn some wrenches, he was getting into it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151840683111926&set=gm.203685473126300&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151840683206926&set=gm.203685469792967&type=1&theater

glad to see some work getting done! pictures/links dont seem to work for me? if i ever get my outside patio done for my wife ill be able to work on my car! I understand about work for sure. Myself and wildwillywalker have just started a new business and are working at getting that rolling. geez

• Moderators
What part of NC, technically NC is only 15 miles away

matt

Monroe, Whiteville, Gastonia, and Marion. I think all but Whiteville are somewhat near Charlotte. Whiteville is closer to Raleigh.

I'm an accountant for a scrap metal recycling company

There's only a handful here... Steel dropped from $0.11/lb to $0.09 here, aluminum is sitting at $0.55/lb and cats are $20ea. Can y'all be competitive with that!? lol

• Moderators
There's only a handful here... Steel dropped from $0.11/lb to $0.09 here, aluminum is sitting at $0.55/lb and cats are $20ea. Can y'all be competitive with that!? lol

I'll have to ask those yards what they are paying (obviously they don't all pay the same company wide). Which location?

• Moderators
That's guttermans pricing. I always go there cause its like 4 or 5 miles down the road.

I meant which of my locations do you want me to ask lol?

• Moderators
None, i was saying f you convinced them to open one in my area could you compete with those prices. lol

I'm positive we could. Unfortunately, expansion really isn't in the cards. The whole industry is hurting pretty badly right now.

I'm positive we could. Unfortunately, expansion really isn't in the cards. The whole industry is hurting pretty badly right now.

Boo... Now stop quoting me so I can finish reading the updates on your house! Lmao